Reviews for Shadows of Memory
pipilo chapter 4 . 3/12/2011
A re-read of a story I only discovered yesterday? It must be good. I'm enjoying this. I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Aragorn or Faramir. Please update soon, I'll be waiting.
Hawthorn Tree chapter 4 . 3/12/2011
This is slightly confusing, but I suppose that's the affect you are going for. Update soon!
Silivren Tinu chapter 4 . 3/12/2011
Poor Aragorn! It must be dreadful to find yourself in such a confusing situation and to have suddenly lost 44 years of your life! He must feel so lost! *hugs him* It's a good thing he has Arwen and Faramir with him, though he probably wouldn't think that a good thing right now. ;-)
Darkover chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
Dear Linda: This chapter is particularly emotional, with moments that would be funny if they weren't so sad. Poor Aragorn has lost forty-four years of his life, but I cannot help being amused by lines such as; "Child? How can this be?"

"The same way that all couples have children!" And even more: "Thorongil covered his eyes...He removed his hands, but Arwen and the child were still there." As if he thought they would vanish in a puff of smoke. Of course, those lines also illustrate how unreal this all seems to Aragorn, how much of an illusion this must seem to be. He remembers almost nothing of the people who are now part of his life, while the people whom he does recall are gone. IMHO, it was especially touching that you wrote of Aragorn's shock and dismay on being told of Elrond's departure from Arda, and the realization that he would never see his foster-father again. Elrond was father to Aragorn as much as he was to Arwen, and sometimes fans don't seem to realize that. Of course, in a different way, the King's lack of memory is just as hard on the people who love him, Arwen and Faramir, as it is on Aragorn himself. If you are taking requests, I should like to see a bit of this painful situation from Faramir's POV, even if he is putting on a brave front for the sake of the king and queen. I thought this might be the final chapter of this excellent story, but it appears there are not going to be any easy remedies to this situation. So much the better-more of the h/c that you write so well! BTW, people in your stories are always referring to Arwen as "Lady." Wouldn't she be referred to as "Queen Arwen?" Also, I find it difficult to imagine Aragorn as being as modest, especially before Arwen, as you have depicted him here, but that is just my interpretation. In your version of things, he is modest, so I accept that. Thank you so much for writing and posting this, and I look forward to the conclusion of this great story! Sincerely, Darkover
acacia59601 chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
Poor Aragorn, but at least they know what's wrong now. Update when you can!
Animekitty47 chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
Awww, poor Aragorn. But at least everyone finally knows what happened to him. I like how you used Thorongil throughout since that is how Aragorn thinks of himself now...then...whatever. But then it shifted to Aragorn...hmmm. ;) I wonder how his memory will end up coming back?
Snips95 chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
Oh, sad! That was a great chapter, though, even if it made me a little sad. :) as always, that was done very well. :) I can't wait for the next chapter! Happy writing! :)
iccle fairy chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
excellent!
JuliaAurelia chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
Oh poor Aragorn, to have lost those 40 years and all his memories! They must find a way to restore him!

Little tiny typo here: "Why should I share your bed?" I think you forgot the "not" as in "Why should I not share your bed"
Kate Poem chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Poor Aragorn. I think someone must call "Denethor" by his real name or to do something similar, because situation is very difficuly and dangerous.

I'll wait for updating of Your story. It's great!
ThisMortalCoil chapter 3 . 3/5/2011
This story is so intriguing! My guess would be that Aragorn is in some sort of parallel universe.
Ragnelle chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
I am really starting to enjoy the story. Perhaps is says more about me, but I find it very humorous, more than angsty. Of course that is because I know what is going on, but still. I find myself chuckling a lot :)
Ragnelle chapter 2 . 3/1/2011
You really have him confused, poor man.

And this time I was not distracted by epithets ;) At least to me it made for much better reading. I was wondering if Aragorn really would act that agitated in front of Denethor, but then I realized that the injury would easily impair his judgement on more than one thing. So yes, he just might.
iccle fairy chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
very good!
Silivren Tinu chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
Oh my, poor Aragorn! I think he would probably prefer to have the Teitho version of this story back at this point, lol! I love all the new details and twists you've added! :)
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »