Reviews for Shadows of Memory
Ragnelle chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Difficult plot to pull off - keeping Aragorn's confused POV and at the same time try to keep us in the dark as to where (and when) the story takes place. I think you manage to keep a good balance, but it is hard to say for certain. I have seen the story before (probably Teitho), so I know too much to say for certain whether you give too much or too little information, but I think you give a good balance.

The disparity between what Aragorn knows, and what the readers know, makes for some nice irony and I like the way you describe Aragorn's confusion.

The only think I found a bit distracting, is your use of epithets - if that is the right word ('the Steward's heir', 'Ecthelion's son', 'the heir of Isildur', 'Elrond's daughter' etc). It is not that I think you should not use them at all, nor that you use them that much, but it feels like it is too much to me. I went back to count, and found that you use them far less than I would have guessed, but the feeling of too much is still there. It drew me out of the story, something I always take as a sign that something is wrong. Or, rather, not as good as it could have been.
Wtiger5 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I had to reread this because I was so totally flabbergasted. I hope that you update this soon.
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I get the feeling that is not Denethor, but Faramir. Poor Aragorn seems to have some amensia problems. The start is good, at least, so yay for this story finally seeing the light of day. XD
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I remember the Teitho contest version of this story. I liked it very much back then and I can already tell I'll like this new version even more! :)
Emberike chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I would guess that Aragorn has lost his memory and is mistaking Faramir for Denethor. Poor Aragorn!
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Oh poor Aragorn! No doubt his head injury has caused him to lose his memory and think he is Thorongil again. And "Denethor" is Fara.
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Uh oh, not good. Amnesia, soooo not good! Update soon!
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4