Reviews for Reach
TheDragon'sLittleBird chapter 1 . 1/13
While I don't think Hope sucks, I really hate Lightning/Hope (IDK, I think Light thinks of him as a little brother and kind of sees Serah in him - that's why she starts caring for him, because one of the last things she and Serah did was fight and she regrets it, and she lashed out at Hope before the Eidolon battle in which he could have died - this mirrors her situation with Serah. That's why I hate her paired romantically with Hope) Anyway, I digress. I just wish there'd be more Lanille fics out there, because I just find this pairing impossibly adorable - there's something infinitely cute about grumpy, stoic Light having a soft spot for Vanille (kind of like the Boss's - male or female, it doesn't matter for me - soft spot on Kinzie in Saints Row; said soft spot s made quite obvious in Saints Row IV actually.)
But look at me, going off-topic again. I guess I really have a tendency to digress. Really liked this, the characters are spot on. Faved :)
GhostCarAd chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
No kidding, this is one of the best Lanille stories I've ever read. I'd love it if you continued this.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
I think you should do a milti-chap. for these two... Awsome work
LightxVan Fan chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Poignant and bittersweet, this piece demonstrates the mastery of the author to capture bold moments and subtle gestures. Both the characters' quintessential characteristics shine through: Vanille's conviction and tenacity; and Lightning's preference for distance, yet protecting like a hawk.

Two astute observations of Lightning's enigmatic personality struck me. The first is the one included in the story's blurb. The other being:

"...regardless of the fact that she thinks she's incapable of saving anyone. Even herself."

We feel that Lightning is a tragic hero, but how so has been harder to pinpoint. This story has managed to do just that, and in a sublimely poetic way. This is a classic.
Scraggles chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow. Nice; if only Square had had the foresight to do away with dopey Hopey and have this. I'd cry tears of joy - okay, I admit that's not likely, but I did get teary with this, so you never know.

There was a tense error or two and I think a spelling error, but otherwise, great!
Chaos Omega Nova I chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I like it, it was sweet and endearing. And a very interesting take on Vanille's point of view. I really enjoyed it, you should write another story or another chapter.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Loved it. Truely well written, good job :)
RatedRSuperStar87 chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Nice story concept update soon.
Major Mike Powell III chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Well, well, soldier...

(Whistles) Whoa.

Now, this was very interesting, very bittersweet.

But still, very powerful in its own right. :3

Now, I'm really bummed that this is just a one-shot. D: (Sigh)

But still!

Nice work, marine!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
yup chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Well this is BEAUTIFUL, oh my god. As the person before me said, I was sad to see that this was only a oneshot, aka is now over, but wow. Wowowowow. Stunned.

I hope to see you writing more for these two ... three. In the future. Thank you.
Tear of Light chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This was wonderfully written. I was rather disappointed when I realized it was a one shot. I think you could definitely expand this into something longer.

But anyhow, keep up the great writing! :)
agenderalien chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Okay so obviously I have never played this game and the only thing I know about it is that Vanille makes very sex-like sounds in battle.

However, this showed up in my inbox, and at first I thought it was an update for your other story but then got excited to see it was something new. Because I like new. And you. And blue. And - okay.

I've said it a hundred times bu you are such a good writer I cannot even why do I even write anything yours is just ajs;ldfk godly. Seriously. I don't even know these characters, but I want to, and making me want to play video games just so I can figure out their story is pretty powerful from just a short oneshot.

The language was beautiful, the way the two interacted was gorgeous, and you are just ... magic. Totally magic.