Reviews for A Cage of Blood and Circumstance
Corinna chapter 5 . 4/9
Dear Shadowsdeep
This is the third time I review this chapter. I'm still counting the days (1610). Your story is still in my top 10 favorite of all fanfictions.
I absolutely adore this story. I love the writing style you use, which is very detailed and minded towards backing up statements. I was so happy when this chapter was published and I am happy and really exited that your next chapter is bound to be a wooper. By my calculation, even if you only wrote 5 words every day since you updated this chapter, it would make an 8050 words long chapter.
I don't know how much you are writing about the academy, but I assume it will make up most of the next chapter. I really look forward to how you are going to get Hinata in contact with Naruto. It's no doubt going to be in some brilliant way that I haven't even considdered.
I also really liked the interactiong between Hinata and Shikamaru. If more of that kind of banter features in the next chapter, I will no doubt be laughing while I read it. I could just imagine how Hinata's comments in this chapter got him fired up.
It's ineresting that every time Hinata makes a comment to herself about how she should not become attached and that she eventually needs to leave Konoha, but at the same time doesn't want to think about it and doesn't reafirms Why she needs to leave. I mean, if she just needed to be outside of Konoha when trouble hits, right? All she would have to do was get a mission to outside of Konoha at the right times... but then that might be too much like leaving it to chance. Her thought process and mental development is incredibly interesting.
Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.
I realise that you might not actually have managed to write very much and to write every day, even a little, is a huge challenge, which I hope you have managed and if you didn't, I hope you might considder taking it up again. I hope you haven't lost the plot or had any kind of trouble preventing you from writing.
Best wishes
Rinnala
Quati chapter 5 . 2/26
what an interesting fic! i love the amount of thought put into the plot and the details, especially the training regimen that works to create a hinata that's believably powerful through grueling practice. i love your work, and wish you the best of luck with life and stuff - fanfiction writers are people i very much admire for their writing, but prioritizing yourself is more important. 0:
Animauxus chapter 5 . 2/6
I love this fanfiction. It is well thought out and well written with very few accidental mistakes/typos. It is such a shame that it hasn't been updated since 2012 because it has so much potential.
TwinPersonalities chapter 5 . 1/19
Shido-Ore-Sama chapter 5 . 1/18
Another brilliant chapter full of the kind of mechanical detail I so envy about your writing. I find that your works have inspired me to open up my own writing style to increase the level of detail in my work, and push forward with works that previously I was comfortable leaving unfinished, unrealized. Thank you for your efforts and the positive impact they have had on me, I look forward to the email telling me of the continuation of your work.

Sincerely, A true fan, Shido-Ore-Sama.

CrystalVixen93 chapter 5 . 1/17
Love your story and can't wait to see what happens next so I hope you update again soon plz
kabs9000 chapter 5 . 1/15
Very nice, I hope that you get a chance to write AMD update soon
kabs9000 chapter 3 . 1/13
Nice chapter
kabs9000 chapter 2 . 1/13
I actually like the amount of detail
It gives more insight into the characters thoughts and motives
kabs9000 chapter 1 . 1/13
Interesting
k123 chapter 5 . 1/7
I really like this fic, and the way you've written the SI!Hinata. She's not instantly powerful - she works and trains for hours every day. She also thinks before she makes a move which matches her character perfectly but keeps me tense as I wait for her to approach Naruto, or diverge from canon in general. Overall, great reading experience. Thanks for writing!
antoninjohn chapter 2 . 12/29/2016
The details are good
venefici chapter 5 . 12/27/2016
After concluding my fifth reread (might be higher) I still view this story as the best SI I have read. It is truly a pity that you have abandoned it.
Evani chapter 5 . 11/20/2016
Thank you for writing this, its definitely interesting, and I like how you have Hinata fall into some if the conditioning as opposed to being infallible amd growing up acting one way while still thinking a complete opposite, so few fics are able to do that and its really refreshing to see you do it :) I'm glad I went to reread Dreaming of Sunshine, otherwise I never would have remembered Silver Queen had suggested your story on her first chapter, seeing as I was too excited to read that before haha. I like how you have Hiashi not being an emotionless asshat to people and instead has a completely realistic stunting of his emotions while still trying. I do hope Hinata will be able help Naruto soon though, even a little bit cause that poor precious doesn't deserve the emotional abuse. Also hopefully the teacher will be replaced before too much damage occurs. Thank you again for writing this, its lovely to read :D
Cocotokyo1131 chapter 1 . 11/6/2016
I really hope you decide to complete this one day. It was such a refreshing read for me. I love stories that realistically show how an adult mind and psychology can effect the learning and adaptation of a child's body. At that age, our minds and bodies are the most susceptible to change, good and bad. It's nice to see someone play to that strength, and the way you right is so detailed, it really sucks you in. I really hope you choose to continue it!