Reviews for Forced Understanding
SupernaturalFlames chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Great story! One thing I didn't understand: what is the English translation of 'Aufstehen'? I'm not quite that good at German yet! :)
KitKat132 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I'm really liking all your stories, especially since my favourite, Hauptmann Dietrich, is included. And I like the sense of humor this one has. And especially, I'm glad to see that my favourite captain has a friend. He always seemed so alone in the series, & usually not very happy. (especially when dealing with the Rat Patrol!) Would love to see some longer stories, but for now, it's just nice having NEW RP fic to read! Jen C (having Internet problems, so sorry if this comes through more than once)
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I loved this...a great read, and a wonderful story from the German point of view. Dietrich's care of his men was always evident on the show, and you brought it out nicely here. Added to that, of course, was his exasperated concern for his friend. And his rather rough-and-ready way of dealing with Arnulf's attitude lightened the tone of the vignette.

I'm left wanting to know more about why Arnulf is so careless of his own safety, and wanting to know more about his relationship with Dietrich. Dietrich always seems like such a solitary figure on the show, who lacks the companionship of his peers. It's nice to see him with a friend!

And the humor at the end with a little inter-service rivalry was a nice touch.

I also loved your judicious use of German here and really added authenticity and flavor, without distracting from the story. The phrases were occasionally obvious from the context, and the ones I couldn't figure out right away, I used Google Translate. And of course, "Das Wasser ist schmutzig?" needed no translation!

All in all, a very well-written story that shows us the human side of the Germans caught up in the conflict of WWII. I am definitely looking forward to your next story.
percyp chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Hey girl,

Great story, is there more?

My story is here too.
jpercy chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Great Story, hey girl, you got more?