Reviews for Picking up the Pieces
jadenanne7 chapter 22 . 9/14/2014
Okay. So this is like 3 years too late, but I couldn't read this and not leave a review.
I read the entire thing today...could not bring myself to get up until I finished it.
First of all, Huddy just isn't my thing, so I dig House/OC pairings. And I love Sarah. She has a good personality but she is flawed and realizes that House is fundamentally fucked up.
I have to admit that him calling her Lisa while she is giving him a blow job made my stomach twist. That's really what you want to hear when you are going down on a guy...another woman's name. And him thinking that he might want to give Cuddy another shot made me want to throttle House. Give it up already...
I didn't like Charlie but I think that was the point, lol. I think she cared for Sarah in her own way, but staying around someone who can treat you like that is toxic...even if it is your little sister.
Now let me get to my favorite part... THE SEX! I'm not much for BDSM, but that's really not what this was. Something about the desperation in their screwing was a big turn on for me. The normal love making was great too, but the initial rough, angsty sex was my favorite.
I don't know if you'll ever read this...it's been years and you've probably moved on to other things, but I just had to tell you how much I loved this.

XOXO

Heather
StarryEyedReader chapter 22 . 10/1/2013
Really cool plot! I think you did a fantastic job with Sarah. Made her a real person. A lot of OCs feel fake and awkward in fanfiction. But Sarah felt like a believable enough person with her own flaws and problems. Her relationship with house was highly interesting if nothing else. So good job.

I think house was a little bit out of character. Or maybe I feel that cuz I didn't expect him to act the way he did throughout. Compared to the canon house he actually was a lot more mature and fucked up a lot less (aside from the major ones near the end) . But he was still house. A joy to read. So it couldn't have been that far fetched.

But here is what I was not happy about...
You completely left out Wilson! Wilson was the one constant throughout his life. The one who was involved in everything. Who eventually found out everything house was about. There should have been quite a few scenes with him. Sarah should have had at least one encounter with him. He should have been his usual meddlesome opinionated person and thrown his views about their less than normal relationship at House. That was missing.

Otherwise great story! Thanks for a great read!
BabalooBlue chapter 22 . 11/13/2012
Oh my God, you made me cry. I've read this story through in one go, just had to. It was a dark, twisted, perfect adventure! The best fan fic I've read, hands down. Thank you!
BabalooBlue chapter 15 . 11/13/2012
Oh, I'm loving this more and more. Exceptionally dark and dark ist perfect. I'm so glad someone is picking up on House's dark side. This is a fantastic story! (I'm reading chapter 14 now.)
Oh, and one more thing: The 'now what' you're inserting into the story occasionally makes me smile with glee. :)
BabalooBlue chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Holy moly, this is good! House and a psychiatric nurse? What an interesting combination. I'm only as far as chapter 4, so I don't know how this progresses but I really, really like it.
Misplaced Levity chapter 22 . 10/6/2012
Oh man, I loved your story! It was perfect. It actually made me cry, and it made me laugh a lot. I think you did a great job with House- better than I ever could, and I loved Sarah's character as well. Thanks so much for writing & sharing such an entertaining story!
CacauHousemaniaca chapter 11 . 9/8/2012
Great!
CacauHousemaniaca chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Good!
clow-san chapter 22 . 7/22/2012
How dare you! How dare you make me cy and make read 22 chapters of an antsy rollercoaster of a ride story like this? My God why could this have happened in the show? Why?
This is so freaking amazing. Sarah is just perfectly imperfect. It's wonderful how she fit into House's character. I love them.
yuiop chapter 15 . 5/22/2012