Reviews for Lost In Translation
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
I like this fic so much I want to bring it home to meet my parents. I'm a bit of a language enthusiast but I only speak a little Spanish, which was perfect because that put me right in Lanie's shoes- bemused, definitely intrigued, but then ultimately frustrated. And her attempted translations? HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud. And squealed about the diamonds. And danced inside at those two magic words (aw!). A very lovely V-day fic, overall.
Qalets chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Not read may Esplanie fics, becuase if I'm honest, they're not my favourite pairing, but you really managed to melt my heart with this one! You really do Lanie justice, and yeah, Esposito speaking spanish: I don't need much more!
YouSpeakToMySoul chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
"You catch on quick Doc', almost like you have a degree" Aww that was adorable, my favourite line:')
stripedpolkadots chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
im sitting over here losing my damn mind. it's not fair that this man can just waltz in there and speak spanish like that! *fans self*

no but like literally, i am well aware that my two weaknesses are accents/languages and a six pack. esposito has all of the above, so he makes me lose my religion. like JEEEZZZ though, you write him and lanie SOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOO good! not that i've been you know... reading every single one of your esplanie fics obsessivly, stopping every five minutes to fan myself, get water, and then cry and make wishes for a latin detective to marry me, what? that's kind of weird. yeah i don't do that.

except wait i do and im obsessed with you and im sorry (#sorryimnotsorry) but i just got into castle this week*, and while the caskett is good and sweet and all, it doesn't get me like esplanie (aka i wouldn't sleep with castle, but i'd do so many (read: too many) SOOOOO many immoral things to esposito).

I. LOVE. THIS. AND. THE. WAY. YOU. WRITE. THEM. YOU. BLOODY. GODDESS. YOU.

sorry if this reveiw made ABSOLUTLEY no sense, i can't help it.

*please don't judge me for finishing three and a half seasons of a show in a week ITS SPRING BREAK I HAVE NO SHAME.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
i suck at languages not french or english (im canadian, dont judge me!) so i didnt understand half of that, but i really enjoyed it. i need to read more Esplaine, this just got me hooked. Sorry, Caskett! *waves*
Separate Entity chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I think I'll give Translator dot com a break now.

Epic, awesomesauce-dripping, flufferific sweetness!
arios chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Awesome story, nothing like throwing another language to surprise people.

I'll be the nick picker, since Spanish is my first language ;) Google translate can only do so much.

First, "te amo" though correct grammatically, is hardly ever used. Most people would say "te quiero" but, if ever used, it means you're REALLY serious.

Usted no va a conseguirlo hasta que yo diga unas cosas primero - No vas a conseguirlo hasta que te diga unas cosas primero. (the great thing about Spanish verbs is that you don't need the pronoun. Also "usted" is the formal "you". I'd think a boyfriend would use "tú" when talking to his girlfriend)

No ahora - Ahora no (yup, the order is inverse)

Cuando esta relación comenzó, pienso que estuvimos ambos sobre todo interesados en el lado físico - (word order) Cuando esta relación comenzó, pienso que ambos estuvimos interesados sobre todo en el lado físico

Pero ahora es mucho más. Y esta vez, no soy asustado de hacerme serio. No soy aquel tipo más. - the ever problem with confusing SER and ESTAR Pero ahora es mucho más. Y esta vez no ESTOY asustado de ponerme serio (hacerme sounds weird). Ya no soy ese tipo.

Escuchen - la gente no piensa que podemos trabajar juntos, pero pienso que podemos hacerlo. Quiero decir esto. - Escucha, la gente no piensa que podemos trabajar juntos, pero pienso que podemos hacerlo. Quiero decir ésto. (escuchen is the third person plural of escuchar)

Usted no trata hasta de entenderme - " - No estás tratando de entenderme -(using the tú again; "hasta" doesn't go there)
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
That was just wonderful! Definitely the best Valentine's Day fic I read this year :) I love the way you write Lanie and Esposito and I totally understand why she kept wanting him to repeat himself at story's end. Javier Esposito whispering "te amo" in a person's ear would definitely be something they'd want to hear again ;)
Michelle285 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
*sigh* That's really all I can manage right now. :) I loved Espo peaking Spanish...I just wish I could've understood it a bit better. As I'm in 3rd level Spanish right now you'd think I would...but hey, like Lanie, I got the important stuff...and that's what brings me back to where I was at the beginning of this review! Oh my gosh, this was fantastic! Thanks so very much for posting this. :)
YellowRosesAndHearts chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
oh my god, this was so cute that I almost dies from sweetness. I don't speak any spanish at all, but I google-translated all of Espo's lines. : ) I love your L/E fics, and I was really glad to see this.
Kavi Leighanna chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
So, I'll be honest (:P), I totally understand how Lanie feels! I WISH I knew Spanish. Spanish coming from Esposito? I'd melt. Instantly. Whether I understood it or not. Just sayin'.

Know what's funny though? My favourite part is that, in a sense, you leave the reader unsatisfied. I mean, I know enough Spanish to know what the end game was and goodness me I think I'm going to have to go brush my teeth (again!) because I think I can feel a cavity forming from all of this sweetness, but yet... I really felt like there could be more. You've left the scene wide open and you've touched on the uncertainty and underlying fear that has to exist in both of them, or let's face it, they'd both be happily NOT single.

Which they are now! But the point is that you have them taking a step, but not making a leap and it's a step that seems totally "them" in how they agree and they're on the same page, but they don't want to "officially" acknowledge that it's more than just fun.

anomalymona chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I love this it was great. I was really bummed that there wasn't more Esplainie closure for VDay in the episoide so you have made me feel much better.

Nice touch having Javier use Spanish to express feelings neither one of them are really ready to say outloud. I am not anywhere close to fluent but I got most of it. My only suggestion is to perhaps put the translations at the end of the story for those who don't speak the language at all.

Esposito speaking Spanish... mercy I believe Lain's panties would just disolve in a puff of steam.

Thanks for the story. But now don't we need a story about what Laine got for Javier... I know the sex is supposed to do it but I have it on good authority that guys like presents tambien. ;)
Duck Life chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
"Do you know the word 'crap weasel'?" Friends rules! Loved the Friends reference, though I want to correct Lanie- there are no BAD Friends episodes. :)

Love the fluff, Esplanie is so sweet. And I mostly understand what Esposito is saying, yay for Spanish class!
AliceBD chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Love this! So cute! I enjoyed using my French knowledge to try to understand the Spanish, before I cheated and used Google Translate...I liked what he was saying to her, I thought it was some really important things to say. Plus, they're very cute together.
VMsuperfan chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
i loved this. it was so cute.