Reviews for Lucy
BillyElliot chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
*sniff sniff* That was so sad! But it was great at the same time, a beautifully written sad story. I don't know what to say, J.K Rowling would be proud of you and you're writing. Lucy and Logan both start with an L, I can picture Logan taking Lucy to ballet, if the abortion didn't happen. Anyway, great little story.
2 kool 2 spell 'kool' right chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
...

Your writting. Its incredible. Its fantastic. Its marvelous.

Youve been told that before, though. Im sure you have. But, I seriously cannot express enough, just how beautiful this was.

All your work, is just magnificent. But this in particular, really caught my eye.

Your probably going to get alot of reviews saying 'Who were the main characters? You never gave a name' But see, thats the point. The point of this story was to of no importance over the characters of it, but to the magnificence within. The moral to it, and the expression and feeling/emotions thrown into it, was what the reader was supposed to get. Im sorry if some readers cannot get that out of this.

I cannot begin to express how perfectly you pretty much input the song, into this piece of writting. You understood, and then took the meaning of the song, and input it into this oneshot. Fantastic.

The expression was excellent. And the emotion. Indeed it was angsty, and thats what most readers want, but theres something about this, that was beyond angst. Im not making much sense, am I? I feel like the emotion in this, was greater than any other piece of writting Ive read n a long time. Yes, it was angsty, but I enjoyed the way you actually wrote the angst. The strong use of words, that can make the reader feel the pain of the characters. The emotion was incredible.

I think this is better than anything Ive ever read from you. Not that your other works are bad, just this was the best, in my eyes atleast.

I feel like I actually got the signifignance within this story. Which I have to say, was deep and beatifully done. It was not the characters that mattered, yet the signifignance, the moral, and the emotion.

This was beatifully done. *favorites* I understand you are a college student, what are you in school for? Are you studying literature? Just curious, because you have a great talent that you should not let go to waste.

Beatiful job. Beautiful.

Beautiful.
bballgirl22 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
aw that made me cry. it was a really well-written piece. but who was it? I pictured Kendall and Jo the whole time, but idk.
SmileCauseItsWorthIt chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Wow.. just wow... that was utterly amazing. I love how you don't know which of the boys it actually is. I mean I was thinking Kendall the whole time, but I guess it really could be any one of them. And I LOVE Skillet and you did pure justice to an awesome song. I knew what was happening, but I wanted to be so wrong really badly. Your writing is so powerful I have to remind myself that Lucy isn't real. The sad thing is that while Lucy herself isn't real, there are thousands of babies like her. I feel like this should have some sort of March for Life thing.

If only one of them had spoken up...

Maybe you could do a version where Lucy doesn't die? Like maybe they are on their way there and then one of them actually speaks up and saves little Lucy Ann!

But even if you don't, I still think this is wonderful!

~FL101
Layla3 heartofwordsgmail.com chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
As a faithful reader of yours, the first story that I read was "All These Lives". I was drawn to it by the fact that you chose what is quite possibly my favorite Daughtry song of all as the backdrop to one of the most heart-wrenching realities in the world today.

Your stories are magnificent and I look forward to reading more. I especially enjoy the fact that you give the characters the connection they have in the show. While I have nothing against slash, I do believe that the sexualities the writers assign to the characters are how they should remain, and you manage to carry this out beautifully.

Being someone that has a pair of friends that are more like soulmates than friends, I understand the strength of the kind of love a person can hold for a friend. I would happily die for my friends and they would do the same for me. Thank you for continuing to showcase the friendship between the BTR guys.

Since reading ATL, I have gone through your past works and your skill as a writer has become even more evident. I regret that I haven't reviewed until now, but I have always considered that an anonymous review must be very frustrating to the authors. However, when I saw that you had written a companion for the song "Lucy" by Skillet, I knew I had to review this time.

I have known the truth of what abortions are since junior high, when I found a description of the procedure in my biology book. I had always been against the killing of children, but until that moment simply because my mother and older sister were. Then, though, I knew that there could never be anything I found more horrific than the act of abortion. I swore to myself that if I ever found myself pregnant that I would do anything but that - although the reality of the matter is that I have been blessed enough to never be in that situation, so I will most likely never know what I would do.

Your story offered the perspective of someone who had done the unthinkable and lived to regret it. The saddest truth of abortion is that it not only steals the life of a child (a tragedy in itself) but also destroys the lives of those who chose it. So many relationships are forever broken and women and men alike left feeling empty. This was truly a great interpretation of a wonderful song, and I thank you for it.

I will continue to look for your stories, and while I will try to review more regularly, I don't always succeed. But please, do not doubt that you have one more faithful reader that your review count reflects -especially if you continue choosing such amazing songs as background music.

Layla 3
IHeartLogiebear chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
This is so sad:(But I loved it:)
Saxophones chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I'm so sad now... but I'm also wondering if this was Kendall or Logan in the story?

I know you generally write Logan-related angst, but it sounded like Kendall.
loveyoualways21 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I was surprised when I saw this. I'm actually writing a research paper for school about abortion and why I'm against it.

This one-shot was so sad. It was amazingly written, though!

And, I agree with you! I don't and never will agree with abortion. It's just wrong.

Anyways, this was really amazing! Great job!
manaid602 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I read this in the morning but I stopped halfway and I barely finished it right now. It made me so sad and all I wanted to do was stop them from doing it! I wanted to believe Lucy died from a car crash or something but never that. I'm crying right now hoping that Lucy is in heaven even though she isn't real. Thank you for writing this. You did a nice job
GreyLionDiva chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
wow, i'm actually moved by this. it was a very good piece
mIsS-vIcToRy96 chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Okay, so you have me crying now. Abortion always makes my heart want to break, but this was truly heart-shattering. I remember at confirmation when they showed the class a video on abortion. Of the 30 seconds I could stand to watch, I was absolutely horrified. I almost threw up.

Oh my goodness, I can't stop shaking. This was horrifyingly beautiful. Thank you for that.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2