Reviews for The Way Things Work
ikuikumaki chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Awesome! Like your any other works starring these two :))

But, it's a just a little confusing if its a HijiOki or the other way around because you used pronouns most of the time. Like, 'tricking him in screwing him senseless'. But since I'm a HijiOki fan, might as well read it that way :)

Its cute how Gintoki and Hijikata had a drunken conversation about their issues ontheir respective lovers. :)

Anw, I can't wait to read more from you again.
masruiiiik chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
That's so cute! Love it, and I love how you implied that they actually DO care for each other (perhaps not love...but they care.) without getting too lovey-dovey. Because they are NOT lovey-dovey. I can't imagine them even being close to affectionate, however, you still managed to potray their relationship in a rather adorable manner, which, in my eyes, is a great feat. Great job and I hope to read more! :D

This ficlet's gonna find a nice home in my favourites. ;)

-OSE

PS. LOVED the drunk Gintoki x Hijikata part. I could just imagine them slobbering everywhere while slurringly complaining about their love lives. God, you should actually write a companion fic about that. It'd be awesome! ;D
The Owls Made Me Do It chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I laughed so hard at this. Thank you for writing it, it really made my day. (':

I'm just.. gonna go read the rest of your stories now..
Seto's Darkness chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Oh wow. This really works for the two of them and guuuuh.

Sougo is my idol when it comes to being massively evil psychopathic asshole :D It's a good thing he has Hijikata to balance all that (though I do feel so sorry for Hijikata here LOL)

Definitely one of my favorite Gintama fics :3
Mneo chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
That was really great, I loved reading every bit of it. You did a wonderful job capturing the relationship and most of the time I can't imagine this pairing any other way.
Onan chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Gosh, that was perfect! I love how you write them, how their relationship is strange and not functional, but that's just how it works for them if they're fighting for 99% of the time with just a touch of tenderness and care when it really matters. It's great how Hijikata mentions their protectiveness briefly, eek, that was just too cute.
bloodyredsilver chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Aw, this is oddly cute in a very Gintama way!
X-parrot chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I'll confess, I haven't actually finished reading SS&M yet, mainly because I don't want it to end. But this was delightful. Poor, poor, POOR Hijikata. And yet all the same, AWW. Because his life isn't perfect, but it's his life, and it's not that bad, either.

...Painful, yes. Very painful. But not that bad.

If I quoted every line that made me snicker and snort and titter I would be copying half the fic - "Except for Sougo, who embodies them in a rocket launcher." was beautiful, and "they usually end up sniping at each other – sometimes literally" was awesome, and there were many more in between.

(...also teeny squee to the teeny bit of h/c at the end.)

(also also I may have squeaked aloud when I saw my name in the A/N. I am honored, so glad you're enjoying it!)
Trekiael chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Yeah! You're back to writing! And damn, does it feels great! I haven't been in the Gintama fandom much recently, but realy, your fanfics always remind me why I love this stupid pairing so much. Random and pointless one-shot here, just the way I like them XD Cracked me up a few times, had me smiling the whole time XD I love Sougo "tricking Hijikata into fucking him" because you just KNOW it's true, but at the same time, it'sz just Hijikata unwilling to admit he wants it as well. I also like Hijikata and Gintoki having a drunk sharing moment about their respective...thing. ...Basically, I enjoyed every line of it.