Reviews for Half Metaphor
FriendsForevaa chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Damn it, you nailed it. This is how I feel for GrayLu...You perfectly described the sitaution if Gray ever liked her and she doesn't like him back.
Collaborative Lady chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Gosh. I normally say Wow! This bit and this bit are really good! Yay! And as such I will say: I can really see Gray/Juvia happening now, once the total deference is removed she becomes a character and not a stereotype-y thing, opening up with Deloria nightmares and smoothly shuttling in the Lucy dreams was fantastic (what a thing to get excited about), great use of snippets of scenes, Gray's view was ... insightful, final confirmation of cool made me want to simultaneously fangirl lightly and heave half a muffled sob. Not sure if it was for the character or the whole work.

Problems? ... not really any constructive criticism you can give on a piece of work that just doesn't have any. Improvements? No.

Go you. I mean, I'm sorry for Gray, sort of, but go you.
LeChick chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Oh this was just so sweet. I really like how you stayed true to Natsu and Juvia. So many Gray/ Lucy stories tend to make them idiots and/or jackasses. The ooc-ness gets off putting. I enjoyed this story :)
kireixixkim chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
You certainly fascinate me with your style in writing... But really? do you have to make gray look miserable like this?T.T
will think of something soon chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
ah, nice! your works ooze a sense of realism, it's easy to connect. i'm a big gray fan n so i expect a 'good gray', lol!
glad to find one here...nice nice! :)
oh and the last line! :D
natpereira chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
graylu i love continues
ms.icantthinkofanypenname chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
This is just sad. Im a NaLu fan but I also like Gray. You really like torturing Gray author. haha! I hope next time it will be fluffy. _
Septdeneuf chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
I'm usually not that interested in gralu fics, but this one was fantastic. I especially loved when the title popped up in the middle, poor, glacier-Gray. I also really liked Juvias part and Mirajane's quiet involvement, both so nice for being so small and yet so significant.
Oceanwind chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Probably the best onesided Gray/Lucy story I have ever read. It breaks my heart that the show does seem to be leaning towards Natsu/Lucy since Gray is my favorite character but... not much one can do about that. At least we have fanfiction ;).
TheFallenFool chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
this story seemed pretty deep

i still loved it though it was really sad i still thought it was a great story
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Gray is great...he'll end up with someone amazing eventually even if its not Lucy. I'm torn deciding between LxN or GxL...I love them all so much! Thanks for writing this!
Galerians chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
That was freakin' cool. No pun intended.
misaki-chan-usui chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Ooooooh TheIslander-sama *bows*

Lol, I love your style! What's it called...Uh...Well I forgot the Language Arts term for it but I love how you narrate or...Write your stories! It's really interesting to read :)

Great job! :D

shoxxic chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Oh man, you did this fic so well. The dynamic you have here between Lucy-Natsu-Gray is incredible; and even the parts with Juvia really work, I think (actually I really, really appreciate how you characterize Juvia... you do her really well). I like how you don't try to make a visible transition between each scene too - adds to the feeling that we're just seeing snapshots of Gray's life, which I think is kind of the point. I mean, no matter how hard he tries, there's also Natsu in the picture. I think the way you write Gray is all sorts of quietly tragic and your characterization of him is pretty spot-on, especially in the scene with Lucy's diary and in that last scene with Juvia. The transitioning you did there with the dreams... so good. And the resolution/last line of this fic definitely works for Gray.

Also, to your postscript - I think your execution was pretty good. It was clear and pretty subtle imo. You definitely didn't lay it too thick/cheesy at all! I definitely enjoyed reading this fic. Thanks for writing/publishing it :)
The Mann chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Overall, I believe that this fic is thoughtfully written out, with the descriptions and dialogues well-planned. Although its flow could be a bit choppy at some points, but it does not take away much from the whole story.

While I have not really indulged much in Fairy Tail, for the exception of a number of the anime episodes, and cannot comment of the whether the characterisation is spot on or otherwise, I feel that in isolation, your charaterisation of Gray and is beautiful and at times maddeningly sad.