Reviews for Celebrimbor's Lament
daima ashiki chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
nicely written. it shows its emotion well. it got the point across very nicely.
Godforsaken chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
o.O Whoa. Am impressed. VERY impressed. This is very good; be happy about it!
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
Not a bad poem! I expect that whoever made the Nine and the Seven (if it wasn't Sauron himself) did feel very, very bad afterwards if they ever found out what they were used for. For myself, I always thought Celebrimbor was kind of cool (er, well, someone named Nenya *would*, you know!) and thought it was neat that he was able to keep the Three away from Sauron, which meant that they were able to do a lot of good in the hands of G., G., and E., in the Third Age. All of which is to say that this is a cool poem even though I'd never thought of Celebrimbor lamenting like this. Very caught the sense of Tragic Mourning well!

-Nenya, who is very much flesh & blood and not very ring-like at all
Emma Forrest chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
This is a good poem. I've often wondered about this subject myself. The changes in meter are especially effective, in my humble opinion. A request: Please don't read my poems, compared to this they suck. I can take criticism, but please don't even bother.

One thing though- isn't it a little harsh to flame ppl because they used your favorite characters? Just a thought. Great poem.

Jocelyn chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
I've been meaning to review for a long time and tell you how powerful this poem is. I was floored by it even before I had read the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales. Everything about it, the rhythm, rhyme scheme, and the words are just captivating. It tells such an amazing and haunting story about Celebrimbor's guilt. I am completely in awe. It stuck in my head the first time I read it, and now that I have read both the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, its impact is even stronger.

Congratulations. You are a truly accomplished poet.
Lil Loki Puck Not signed in chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
AAH! This is amazing! There are so few good fics and poems in the Lord of the Rings section anymore.

I love this poem, though! I don't really know what to say in criticism, as you really seem to know what you're doing without any help from me! So I'll just leave it as is...
Kazaera chapter 1 . 6/10/2002
Great! I've always wondered what Celebrimbor must have thought when he realized what he'd done... poor Celebrimbor, the Curse of the Noldor hanging over his head without him ever having done anything. One of the more neglected characters of LotR fanfiction, I think (well, they're all neglected, expect for the Fellowship)

Write more! :)
Honesty chapter 1 . 3/25/2002

I love Celebrimbor - & have always been fascinated by his rather tragic life. He gives the impression of someone who tried to renounce the shame of his heritage (disowning his da etc.) but found himself too caught in it.

(there is a fair amount about him & the Gwaith-i-Mirdain in Unfinished tales, btw.)
Le Chat Noir chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
Don't worry, it is true Celebrimbor was only mentionned by name, except that one time in Nargothrond where he disowns his father (wait, that doesn't sound right ...). So your poem doesn't have any historical bloopers. But, uh, he's in the Halls of Mandos, right ? He's dead, isn't he ? Anyway, that's not important. I really loved this; Celebrimbor is one of the most overlooked characters ever. Wonderful poem !
Herodias chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
The repetition in your poem certainly works. So sad and haunting. It seems like the type of poem that is good for reading out loud, or at least I enjoyed doing so.
midnightphoenix chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
That is so beautiful, and well-constructed too. I like very much! It reminds me of my favourite world war one poetry...wonderful.
Shadowgirl1 chapter 1 . 3/23/2002
This poem actually sounds very Tolkienish. It's very well written and full of emotion. I also read the Silmarillion and the poem definitely reminds me of the story.