Reviews for Self Help is Complicated in Tokyo3
Toriano.Flacko chapter 7 . 8/6/2013
You know what I hate doing? Reading a story as off-kilter as this that actually seems to be going somewhere, only to note partway in that it hasn't been updated in ages, and that the author seems to have, for all intents and purposes, dropped off the face of the Earth at about the same time as the last update; and then deciding, "you know what, this was good while it lasted, it deserves a review at least."

Really paints a bias against what can and can't be said about the story up to this point. "Please Update" doesn't begin to be enough to say. "Hope you're at least alive" seems too dreary and defeated, as well as pointless. What can be said?

You seemed to have made it pretty far with something that initially seemed to have nothing to do with what happened next. And for that, I thank ya.

Devonaki chapter 7 . 8/18/2011
(woops, accidentally hit the send button). As I was saying, Asuka's a charachter I both empathize with and love to hate (always been more of a Rei fan anyway, who your also doing a good job with). Though I kinda cringe for shinji's sake. Your a little tough on the poor guy (though the " praying to shinji-sama" makes up for that.

The long and short of all this babble is, good job man. You're doing great, so keep working at it. I look forward to more chapters!
Devonaki chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I will have to agree with the others on a few points.

You could go into a little more detail now and then. Perhaps in the mood or setting? Or maybe in some of the thoughts of the charachters themselves? You seem to primarily work through dialogue, which is not a bad thing considering the fact that your pretty damn good at the dialogue (seriously, funny shit man). But a just wee bit more meat on those bones could really make your already really good fic really great.

Also the earlier point that you should label who's saying what a bit more has some merit. For the most part it's pretty intuitive and easy to figure out, but it's best to avoid any possible confusion. You don't need to drop a ton in there, but the occasional well placed indicator could do wonders.

Beyond that good job! I like your characterization so far (particularly of asuka, the kind of charachter I simultaneously empathize with and l
gunman chapter 7 . 8/17/2011
Seriously it's stories like these that make me want to slap Asuka.

She's such an arrogant bitch it's just gets annoying to watch her.

And Shinji is still getting the raw end, from Lilith to Asuka.

At least Rei appreciates him.

And the Jet Alone scene was pretty short, but you get the gist of it as to what happened.

And seriously, you need more details! It... just feels kind of lacking in some ways.

Still, not bad.

PotassiumNickelIron chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
This is a seriously cracky, ridiculous, silly fanfic.

I like it.

I like it a lot.
gunman chapter 5 . 3/31/2011
Good read, though I think that you could have added more identifications as to who was talking and when. In some cases it's easy to understand who is talking, but still...

Alot of this was funny to read, though it does give you the possibility that Shinji and Rei-2 might actually have a chance of getting together if Shigeru is getting together with Lilith.

And the boring explanations will be good for later on.

Funny to read.

Paosheep chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
So, I'm sure this chapter was good, but... well, there were these, these bullets, and... look, I'm sorry, is what I'm saying. I'll pay better attention next time.
shanejayell chapter 5 . 3/28/2011
Heh, interesting. Keep up the good work.
shanejayell chapter 4 . 3/27/2011
Lilith amuses me in your fic.

Keep up the good work!
shanejayell chapter 3 . 3/27/2011
Maya glared fiery death at him.

"Pedophile scum."

*lol* This from the girl screwing her boss?
shanejayell chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
Heh, cute!
shanejayell chapter 1 . 3/27/2011

I never saw Ritsuko as a breast woman, but eh.

Do you follow the fanon that Rits and Misato had a fling in college?
gunman chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Hello. I am mostly sending this message to you to tell you one thing: your personal message device has been disabled, so I couldn't send you a reply to the reply you sent about the review I gave you.

First off: I like to send as long a review as possible. It helps me out whenever I get one. It does kind of bug me whenever I get a review that has only one sentence or has just one word (In my case it is often 'update')

Secondly: I was glad that I didn't review this first chapter so that I could send this message, otherwise I'd have forgotten to mention that your personal message setting was disabled.

First chapter was still funny.

gunman chapter 4 . 3/12/2011
Still funny as hell.

Nevertheless, I'm kinda waiting for what Shinji is going to do if and when he every meets a girl he's interested in.

And Makoto's explanation about how he ticked off the Commander might have been kinda weak, but in a way it does make sense.

Not that Misato couldn't have figured it out on her own, if she weren't so... obsessed with destroying the Angels she overlooked the very person who would win it for her.

Also, I'm having a little bit of a hard time not laughing at the fact that Lilith 'longs for the touch' from tentacle boy, and despite what he says it was what he wanted, he's tired.

Maybe he could get the Ree to help him with his own paper work and programming. I mean, it would free up more energy for him for later on, right?

And braiding his long hair... him and Misato (and Asuka) are the only ones who could have that happen, right?

Lastly, and I'm a little mixed on this, if Maya is going to teach the Ree how to 'lay with a woman' then will it be long before Ritsuko is brought into all this?

Woman needs as much love as possible, I guess. Though it might be creepy to her, really.

Look forward to more of this in future.

Asukaforever92 chapter 4 . 3/12/2011
I don't know how I missed this. The story is funny (Shigeru as a lolicon is hilarous)and I really like it. Can't wait for chapter 5.