Reviews for TARFU
Hummingbird2 chapter 18 . 1/25/2013
It's a wonder they managed to get anything done (and by 'they' I mean just about everybody). That was one heck of a read, thank you very much!
sparra-music chapter 18 . 12/6/2011
Great read! Thanks for finishing this.

If you're still looking for acronyms, how about SUSFU and BOHICA?
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 18 . 10/19/2011
Ha! B&G really have no luck, do they? Hay and skunks, sheesh. All's well that ends well for almost everyone, though I suspect Hogan hasn't seen the last of these guys.

Great job on this enjoyable story!
snooky-9093 chapter 18 . 10/19/2011
Thanks for all of your reviews! St PA, you don't have a ff account, so I can't thank you personally. When I get a chance, I will try to fix the errors some of you pointed out. If any of you have any ideas for a sequel and another acronym, please pm me.
Goldleaf83 chapter 18 . 10/19/2011
A fitting story ending for Moe and Larry! They are back on form here! Favorite line: "Anyone looking at us would think we didn't think this through." (Wouldn't have surprised Hogan a bit.)

Seriously though, it would have been hard for them to cross the lines at the front, to get to the Allied side, whichever uniform they were wearing at the time. Civilian suits wouldn't necessarily have helped either. So we see both their skill and their resourcefulness - as well as the bad luck that seems to dog them. And the source of the uniforms is a sobering reminder of the realities of war.

So though humorous in many respects, the story has a realistic edge to it as well. (Maybe that skunk is an escaped exotic pet? grin I once saw a male peacock standing calmly by the side of a country road, and they're sure not native to the U.S.!)
St PA chapter 5 . 10/19/2011
Thank you for another fascinating tale. Looking forward to the next installment. As background explanation for my question now - I read stories I enjoy many times; when I read the story again, I skim through certain chapters and read in-depth the chapters of interest to me (at the time). During this 'intense' reading, I tend to notice certain inconsistencies (if I haven't already zeroed in on it at the first reading). For instance, the story says "One of the guards had been stripped down to his UNDERWEAR. Hogan's JACKET AND SHIRT had been flung on the bench. One rifle was missing." Excuse my question but, if the guard was stripped down to his underwear and Hogan's jacket and shirt were left behind - what happened to Hogan's pants. Is he still wearing it and has two on or was it discarded somewhere. If you have already addressed this and I missed it, my apologies. Thanks.
konarciq chapter 18 . 10/18/2011
Now THAT was the most TARFU of the whole story! LOL
Auskell7 chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
This was a great third part for your Boswell and Garrett stories. It definitely lived up to the previous ones! May I suggest BOHICA ("Bend Over, Here It Comes Again") for the next one? I can't wait to see what these characters get up to next.
ColHogan chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
Too funny! One with hay fever and the other sprayed by a skunk. It could only happen to B& what these two can do for an encore and will they cross the paths of Hogan and company again. I think Hogan would have a breakdown if he ran across them post-war as I'm sure he' seen quite enough of them during the war. But the ending tells me there's possibly more to come? Great story.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
How about TOFU - Two Operatives Fouled Up?

B&G are running true to form, but only they could get hit by the double whammy of a skunk and hay fever! (And here I thought skunks were a North American phenomenon.)

I have a feeling the post-war era will have the guys up to their ears in misadventures once more.
Six of Twelve chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
Poor Boswell and Garrett. And as if being sprayed by a skunk wasn't bad enough...
El Gringo Loco chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
I really loved the ending. With the possible exception of Hochstetter, who's clearly in the running (Or other of his ilk)- It couldn't have happened to a couple of more deserving guys.
rutika chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
I reread some of it. But it was hysterical the first time.
Goldleaf83 chapter 17 . 10/15/2011
This terrific story is winding down (if not wound up!), and you’ve done a nice job pulling all the loose ends together. It’s good to see Carter and Newkirk get back in time to realize that Garrett and Boswell were involved, and the bit when G&B turn green over the memory of their own encounter with Crittendon was a very funny touch. But the best part was Burkhalter’s dart game and interview with Hogan: you provide plausible psychological motivation for Burkhalter’s choices and actions, all while suggesting how very dangerous he would be to Hogan and his men if he chose to be. But Burkhalter is hedging his bets, and you also lay out Hogan’s reasoning for going along with them. But you leave an interesting door open: Burkhalter makes a clear threat to Hogan, and Hogan equally clearly chooses not to heed it, returning to business as usual rather than lying low. And it’s only going to get more difficult for him and his team as the front moves toward them. So this chapter offers both the comfort of a happy ending for the misadventures of the last 16 chapters of this story and a sobering and somber suggestion that the future will be full of challenge and difficulties. Well done!
konarciq chapter 17 . 10/15/2011
Nice wrap up. But it seems the story is finished... or isn't it?