Reviews for understatements
meatballs in the impala chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Sometimes, you go on and on, reading fiction after fiction, and while you may like a lot of the things you read, there is always a single piece that stands out. Well, I'm happily telling you that your story is the one standing out this time. What I liked about this one—I don't even know where to begin. But your beautiful writing style definitely played a major part in it. It seems to me that you're not even trying to get the words out. They just... flow. Your use of English is just brilliant, and I love your choice of words in some parts.

Concerning the plotline and character development, I think it's a win/win. Despite what Shikamaru/Ino fans (including myself) may vouch for, those two ain't nothing but teammates and friends, who aren't particularly inseparable from one another. I honestly think it's a love/hate relationship that they share. Ino is highly annoyed by Shikamaru's apathy, while Shikamaru 'hates' the way Ino wants to be the center of the universe and is always so obnoxious. But deep down, both care for the other, because all those years of shared history mean something, alright. However, since a stage of grief is anger, I think Shikamaru tries to remember all of Ino's bad traits in order for his pain to be bearable.

Above everything else, though, I have to say that I liked your portrayal of Ino the most. In the anime/manga, Ino is this silly, outspoken, airheaded girl who fawns over guys and squeals frequently. Or maybe not; I haven't watched Naruto in quite some time. My point is, you didn't give us that Ino. You wrote an Ino who's smart, witty and wise beyond her years. She doesn't whine, doesn't want her friends (even the closest ones, like Shikamaru) to see her in her time of illness; she wants to be strong, if nothing else, even in her time of dying. She knows the way their lives go as shinobi. They die without any warning or foreboding. Death is an unwelcoming friend, as Kurenai says, but Ino seems to realize that you can't do anything but embrace it, when it all comes down to that. She is a tough one, and I'm glad you portrayed her as such.

All in all, I can't say there was a single thing in this story that I disliked. Even the way you split the smaller scenes with space bars, instead of just using italics, was smart. Okay, praise ends now. You suck. :P Just kiddin'.
Jenny chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
This was tragically beautiful. I loved it!
coffeelove chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
This is beautiful. Tragic, but beautiful.
boomba chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Waaaah! so sad but so sweet. really good!
naash chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
wow that was so brilliant. sure there was a lot of vulgar languaages but honestly i can see their relationship being like that.

this fic was sad, angsty and just realistic. You really got shikamaru's and ino's personality to a tee. and i love love the ending
sailorfreak1995 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
This was so sad and very touching. Very nice.
Chaos herself chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Well, well! You really give me a hard time writing a review worth your story, since there's so much to say, and I don't quite know where to begin...(for I can't possibly leave this work inacknowledged!)

Be as it may, one thing is for sure: this FF truely shows how very well you've understood and analized both characters, the extension and weight of their deep bond including the very issues it generates during its growth. Moreover, having a rich and beautifully blossoming writing style, you're able to exactly convey their complex feelings for each other and evoke the very heartfelt grief and sorrows Shikamaru feels at Ino's loss in me (or at least deep compassion) by creating this thoroughly emotional atmosphere. The different memories are wisely entwined with the frame plot and Shikamaru's inner dialogue with Ino's imaginary, allowing the reader not only to follow and understand Shikamaru's attempt to cope with the situation, but aditionally to be able to put oneself into his shoes. I'm not particularly fond of this couple, but your intense, yet realistic creation here made me like them a lot more.

In one word: flawless.

Thank you for this beautiful piece of art (it really is)! I loved it. Keep it up!
Masahiro 'Night' Seiran chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Jeez, u make me crying a lot! Very good job. . TT

LOVEEE the last part so much!
laughingstick chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
what a sad story... gosh, i felt so depressed towards the end. but i like the story very much. i love how real it sounded, no cliches, no sappy love confessions at her deathbed... and i love shikamaru and ino's relationship here, how they are soulmates and how they loved each other but never said anything. which makes it all the sadder.
HaruArashi chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
This is great, never seen a fic where Ino dies this way. Keep up the good work!
MidnightLuve chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
What was she Dyeing Of And This Story Was Very Sad But Really Good!