Reviews for Mid Afternoon
Silvanesti chapter 1 . 3/12
Oh my, so many emotions. The last lines of the first paragraph are heart wrenching.
MareG8 chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
Hi there, I just read this and what are the odds, and was wondering if you ever wrote another part. It's quite heart wrenching, but I'd like to know if Spock ever gets better :)
sugarowls chapter 8 . 10/21/2011
Yay! I just started into these. Man, what drama!
Milarca chapter 2 . 7/21/2011
I stopped reading this a while ago because of what an idiot Jim was being. I honestly do not understand it, even now, but I want to see their reunion badly... I don't know how long I can wait for it, but we'll see
mou chapter 8 . 6/13/2011
ah, finally got his head out his ass.
mou chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
love mccoy!
mou chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
finally some sense into kirk. you go pike
mou chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
that's a reassuring note.
mou chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
go sulu!
mou chapter 3 . 6/13/2011
if he misses him then maybe he should find out where he is and visit like mcoy intends to,
mou chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
dun dun dun
mou chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
cool.
Doni chapter 8 . 6/7/2011
Damn, you are good at these painful ones, aren't you? The verbal beatings from Pike and Bones were poignant. I'm dying for a little Spock POV, though I'm also afraid tahr it would be just too damn heartbreaking.

Talk about coming to face the brutal consequences of your actions. Part of me wants to feel bad for Jim, but he does deserve his pain. I want things better for him just because it would mean they are better for Spock.

Incredibly well done.
Loyal Lurkeress chapter 8 . 6/2/2011
I don’t think you even understand how much I love this piece or the level of my current obsession with the series. I attempted a review-type-thing last night after reading Part I, and here I go again with Part II… Seriously, wow. Once again, apologies for the ranting – I just finished the story. Okay.

Once again, you’re spot-on with the emotional impact. Only now I think it’s less of an 18-wheeler and more like… a steamship. Or a starship. :) The characters are reacting so… humanly? I hesitate to write that, since Spock, obviously, isn’t human… but it’s something I think any of us can relate to, even if we can’t truly understand the exact situation. Which, of course, I hope neither you nor your readers can… But I digress. What I mean to say is, thanks for making your characters real people. The depth is amazing. I know you said we might hate Jim, but I honestly can’t bring myself to. Because it’s such a believably human reaction. And so even if I hate what he did, I can’t hate him because I get his reasoning… and just the fact that I’m sympathizing with these characters as much as I am proves my point – the characters make this story positively gripping.

AND PIKE! OMG CHRIS! I love Chris Pike with an absolute passion, and I love the way you write him. I think I commented on some of your Pike/Spock fics for that reason, maybe… Maybe… I can’t seem to remember off the top of my head. But even though they aren’t romantically involved or whatnot in this universe, I still love the dynamic between them. Two seriously badass men right there. Anyway, loved seeing that, as well as the other relationships.

Lastly, thanks a bunch for the little flashes of humor here and there – they helped ease the tension a little, and my heart unclenched for a second. I particularly loved the cheese grater bit; I might have been slightly hysterical by that point, but I definitely laughed long and hard at that one.

Anyway, sorry about my really obnoxious review… Moving on to the next part now! Thanks for a really incredible read. :D

-Rhia
Celestinasong chapter 8 . 5/2/2011
You really wrote Jim as a really big jerk lol. I can't feel bad for him. This is a really good story though .