Reviews for I will beg my way into your garden
GUEST chapter 1 . 3/10
PAINFULLY BEAUTIFUL! I SAW IT ALL THROUGH MY MENTAL TELESCOPE! A VISION THAT COULD TOTALLY BE CAPTURED ON SCREEN! PLEASE PLEASE WRITE MORE! DOES HE STAY WITH HER THAT NIGHT! DO THEY MAKE LOVE! DO THEY DRIVE BACK TO WASHINGTON TOGETHER?! HOW DO THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO THE STAFF & EMILY? WHAT DOES EMILY THINK? WHAT DOES ZOE THINK? MORE MORE MORE! PLEASE!
lietomebaby chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Oh, my gosh! this was such a good story, but does it have to end there? I need more closure. :(
ToKeepFromGoingUnder chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
-I still couldn't quite picture your face as clearly. And I panicked. Packed a bag and got in my car and drove and drove.-

OHHHH happy day. Awesome jobbb... AAASSSS USUAL!

I loved it and I loved the happy ending and I loved everything about it... and you are just an amazing writer anddddd... yeahh... words can't describe how much I love tyour writing and love this story.. and I'm kind of praying that you will be able to make up something to make another sequel to this!

Thanks for writing and sharing!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Yeah so they are back together again? And going home to the lightman group? Thanks for writing.
magicdoeshappen chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Simply exquisite. Loved how this could be read separate from, or in conjunction with One Hand On The Trigger. I like the sweet hopeful sense of reconciliation at the end. Again, beautiful imagery. You are seriously talented Gidget :)
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I love this follow up! Will you be writing a road trip fic?
DocNihilism chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
This story was beautifully written. I love how you describe their emotions and states of mind. Would a sequel to this sequel be too much to ask?
Ardelier chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Excellent all-round.
yayfornonsense chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Oh I do love the way you write.

The exchanges between Cal and Gill are perfectly balanced and so gorgeous. The... quiet elegance of this piece is what got to me. Simply magnificent job.

Thanks for sharing. :)
AndromedaAiken chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Very well done! Sequel to the sequel please! I want to see everyone else when they see Gillian back. ;)
whaleinspace chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Thank you. What a beautiful story.

You are one of the very few writers who can make something so painful feel so good, honestly.

There's no better way for me to describe it, I simply love this sequel!
LiteratiJavajunkie chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Hi! Ok...

I love that you did a sequel. I love that your a john mayer fan and can't believe I didn't get the reference to split screen sadness from the first one, awesome! Just awesome, everything thing about it!

ithink my favourite line was."are you at last hapoy gill? Because one of us deserves to be" it was like a damn breaking, moving stuff. I look forward to your next piece!
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
hey gidget, kinda missed u :)

back to business:

"She left her entire heart behind too" what an opener killer!

"Maybe she'll finally say something back, instead of just listening to his broken voice, a few more seconds each time." sooo sad!

"She is keeping his hope alive..."this whole paragraph is fucking awesome n raw n i cant even...

"all it ended up doing was press against the bruises already on her heart, keeping them mottled and in full technicolour." wow!

"Her mind is occupied with these thoughts, the same thoughts that have been circling it again and again for the last three hundred and sixty-five days and she doesn't see him until she is through the gate, and halfway up her walk." omg! i actually stopped breathing a lil when i read this.

"The gasp slips out, because she didn't expect this." exactly, i know.

"he answer to that question was like giving her heart a thousand paper cuts and then pouring alcohol over it." i still cant even...

"she didn't buy nearly enough alcohol to numb this coming pain." i cant believe im fucking laughing at this point!

"Tears well at just the sound of her name, in his voice. All those phone calls, all those nights and he's never said her name, not once." how u do this? its unbelievable!

"She can't go forward and he can't go back" exactly, right on target again.

"the sound dies in her throat abruptly. She never wanted to hurt him. She just wanted to hurt less." self-preservation can b such a bitch when it comes to love!

"She feels suddenly exhausted, like all of her energy is being drained by just feeling, by just standing here and gathering enough strength to physically remain upright in front of him, and not crumble at the mere sight and sound of him." what do u do to me? if i had the words to actually describe how these killer lines of urs make me feel, I'D B THE AWESOME WRITER n U would b reviewing me... so, nope, cant do.

"She needs another year to be ready for this." wow! n kinda lol! too.

"She didn't invite him in, but she didn't ask him to leave either and she knows that to him, that will be invitation enough." right, of course.

"his footsteps are light, almost hesitant" Cal Lightman? hesitant? only Gillian can pull THAT 1 off...

"He looks... incredulous. Like he can't believe he's seeing her, and his eyes roam over her figure restlessly." im speechless.

"his fingers don't touch hers and she knows it's a deliberate gesture." yeah, of course it is, all of his moves r deliberate n controlled, cos otherwise all hell would break lose.

"he is close enough that she can smell his after shave as she breathes, and feel the heat radiating from his body." im thinking...nope, shes still NOT close enough.

"She knows he's about to break the silence, but she is still startled by the sound of his voice, right next to her." omg!

"He's reckless. He can be the most hurtful person in the world when he wants to be, because he knows your weaknesses and feels no hesitation in exposing them. He's self-depreciating and he nurses his guilt. Any wound he inflicts on others he inflicts on himself, twice as deep." FAVEST EVERRRRR! OMFG!

"But he's also always been the bravest person she knew, because he never ever backed down from anything. Anything but you." FUCK! this is wow!

"that raw feeling is replaced with anger so swiftly it steals her breath." i get the feeling, been there, done that, hated every second of it. Poor Gill...

"I got left behind with this gaping hole in my business, my life, my everything." im sooo crying right now!

"I kept your office you know. I sit in there sometimes, wondering if you're happier." still crying my eyes out!

"Are you? Please tell me you are, Gill, because one of us should be, right?" omg! u bitch! im sooo sad! i love u!

"it's the truth and that's the only currency they can deal in now." aaawww, still crying.

I thought it would be enough to just know. That you were here, and safe and you were okay. I think I honestly thought you'd call and tell me that, but you never did. So I got blind drunk one night and called you." omfg!

"his voice is unsure and weak and she knows nothing for a moment except the desire to comfort him" fuuuuccckk!

"The thing is, Gill, I did know you loved me..." this whole paragraph its such a killer that i wanna hug him. i feel for him, i really do.

"my own belief that I can't love you like you should be loved doesn't stop me from loving you. I can't control that." im breathless n in so much awe! his voice sounds so clear in my ears n i can hear his pain, his plead, its fucking awesome! u r!

"I shouldn't have pushed you like that. Shouldn't have expected you to stay through all that. I had no right to be hurt when you did. I can't – I can't imagine how much I must have hurt you to make you leave." exactly n wow!

"Purples bleeding into maroons and reds mottling into burgundies. But she also thinks that where she is right now is the only place to heal them, before they burrow under the muscle and become a part of the structure of her heart. And she already has too many holes where valves should be." unfuckingbelievable!

"The hard part isn't over but the starting of it is, and she knows that he'll be with her on this journey in a way he wasn't on the last one." hope, my favest shade on a callian fic. i really appreciate that u injected hope into this story, cos it was just too painful, amazing but incredibly painful as well, so thanks.

"Now we start the repairs." His hands tighten around hers and she can see hope in his eyes. "I think a road trip home should be a good place to start, don't you?" the most perfect ending. thank u.

yep, the whole thing was a killer n it made me cry n kinda smile n reminded me wh of my favest her!

to me, the pre-quel n this 1 r only 1 fic. i adored it. u rock! :)
tinlizzie82 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
I'm so glad you wrote a sequel - even though this one made me cry too - at least they were happier tears.