Reviews for Persona: Defiance of Fate
GoPoe chapter 4 . 8/10
I hope Junpei gets some sort of punishment for acting like a retard.
jetslinger333 chapter 5 . 5/26
I like the story.
Bionic608 chapter 1 . 5/19
I saw Naoto and novelization and I immediately thought, "Wow that sucks for Naoto." Nice job showing off Minato's detective skills and his relation to Naoto through them.
KingAllen chapter 39 . 5/15
Will you cover The Answer part of in another story?
KingAllen chapter 40 . 4/20
Also what with this abyss of time?
KingAllen chapter 41 . 4/20
What HGW will he observing? 6
Also did he regain his Magic circuit?
SnowyDawn17 chapter 41 . 1/8
Wow, I am wildly late to these last few chapters, but I’m incredibly glad I’m here. This fic updating has been a constant source of joy - one of the main reasons I still use FFN, to be completely honest! This is hands down my favorite novelization of persona 3. I love the version of Minato you crafted - I’m also fairly positive you’re the one who got me interested in Minato/Mitsuru, as well as the headcanon that Minato and Naito are related. Reading this fic has been a blast, and to see it complete is a strange but fulfilling feeling. I’ve reread it before, and no doubt i’ll come around to reread the whole thing from start to finish in the future.
Thank you, sincerely, for writing and posting this - and for struggling with it for eight whole years, holy crap. Take that break - you deserve it! (Insert joke about all Minato’s arson causing a massive burnout). It’s been a wonderful journey.
Bishop chapter 41 . 12/2/2019
Been here for seven years bruv. Good stuff.
Want to talk about it more but it’s getting late for me and I got college stuff to do. Absolutely loved this.
Take a good break man. You earned it.
Sandelphone chapter 41 . 10/21/2019
Thank you for writing this marvelous piece of fanfiction. Going through this story has revitalised my Persona 3 experience, a game very dear to my heart.

I hope you keep on writing such amazing stories.
Mastersword126 chapter 41 . 9/9/2019
I have so many thoughts and feelings regarding this story that it would be impossible for me to not write my own chapter if I got into it, so I'll try and keep this short and sweet. Thankyou for this story. It's been a companion to me for a significantly large portion of my life, through many ups and downs and I feel as though I've grown alongside it. It might sound silly, but I learned lessons from your fantastic depictions of these already great characters, and I feel as though I wouldn't be the person I am today without reading this story. It's honestly difficult to state how significant an impact this story has had on my life - as its been a part of it for so long. This might sound even sillier to say, but after reading this epilogue, I feel kinda proud of the characters, especially Minato, seeing how far he has come. In a lot of your ANs you're quite critical of your own writing, and while that's a great thing for self-improvement and development, this story is a lot better written than I feel you give yourself credit for. To conclude, I just want to thank you again for writing this beautiful novelisation of one of my favourite games, and once again reiterate that this story has had an incredibly positive impact on my life and changed who I am, for the better. Thankyou.
SomebodyLost chapter 41 . 9/7/2019
Wow. As someone who plans to make a P3 fic in the future and currently making a P5 fic... I say thank you, and congratulations, dear sir, for finishing this monster. One day, I shall read this fic more slowly, but for now, I can say that I greatly admire you for finishing this while making creative liberties/plotlines not in canon. Without getting paid, to boot.

It was a ride. Thanks for writing.
foursail chapter 41 . 8/27/2019
Congratulations. This fic was a pleasure to read, and I hereby thank you.
chouritsushi chapter 41 . 8/23/2019
Well, congratulations! While I only started reading this fic in the last year, it's still an impressive achievement to have completed it, even over 8 years. Far too many good quality fics are just abandoned, and it makes me sad.

So thank you, really, as I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Frankly I think your standards are too high as well. While improvement is never bad, nor is self-criticism, I honestly think you're TOO critical. I hear you about the thing dragging, but that's only in hindsight and in comparison to your 'perfect mental version' (which, you know, never exists lol). I'm sorry to hear about how you felt about Minato/Mitsuru towards the end, but from a reader's perspective, it was really quite good. So that's also a good thing, i guess? The fact that your disappointment/lack of enjoyment in writing later M/M scenes did NOT transition towards the actual work - they were very enjoyable for me!

So let me be perfectly honest though: I really only have 2 complaints about this story (and two is a really small number for this many words! - really, this is a COMPLIMENT!), and they do deal with the current final chapter:
I actually have a confession to make - I've never played FES. I played the ever-living shit out of P3 and P4 on the ps2, in their original versions only. 100% of everything. All content, all bonus dungeons, multiple playthroughs, you name it, I did it. But I never actually did FES when it came out as I had already done so much P3 it just sat on my shelf (yes, i did buy it sigh), so The Answer is completely foreign to me. I would REALLY have enjoyed you turning the chapter into a full fledged arc. It wouldn't even have to have been long, maybe 2-3 chapters. So yes, i completely understand why you DIDN'T write it with just wanting to be done and 8.5 years later, and I don't blame you at all. As it is, I now have a concept of what The Answer was, and even more so I understood from context how it applied to this universe, so that was actually pretty well done. Of course, it does feel markedly different from the rest of the story (not the theme or anything, but the fact that it's so truncated). It reminds me of playing the old PS1 videogame, Xenogears. Utterly fantastic game, super amazing... disc one. Then disc two gets put in, and it's literally the final plot points narrated instead of actually playing them. It was an utter disappointment.

As I said, I understand why you didn't do it, and don't blame you, but it is quite jarring and doesn't fit the quality of the rest of the fic. Honestly, it doesn't do the rest of the story justice. Please, take a break, however long you need to lol, but I think if you were to come back and rewrite The Answer portion just to really give a complete ending it'd be amazing.

On a side note, I don't mind the various character epilogues at all. I actually thought they were all done quite well, and have zero complaints on them. (even Akihiko's). Sure, as mentioned, there can always be improvements, but frankly, they're great as they are.

Which leads into my only other complaint (my second one I mentioned): NEED MOAR! Literally since the moment the crossover elements with the FSN universe have been added, I have been desperately awaiting those sequels! And yes, I know they'll be sequels, don't 'drag on' this fic any more, but holy shit I would love to see Minato go to the Grail War. I think you've set up a fantastic universe, and I would love to see more of it explored.

... but I want Monochrome Duet to be finished, and then I want more SAO to come out. Shit. I don't know what I want?! lol

So as you can tell, it's not really a complaint at all. I love this story, and I love Monochrome Duet, and I know you're writing tons of shit (and have even more plans for more SAO too), so yeah, you're swamped. Totally fair. I just want you know that I love your works, and to not just bury the universe if you can!

Thank you for the wonderful story once again!
emoprotagonist chapter 41 . 8/22/2019
This is one of my favorite persona series story, especially about Minato/Mitsuru (because it's rare to find one with a long chapters). The story flow is really good one, with an extra of crossover that can still connected with the persona story. With almost eight and a half years of finding ideas, you gained my respect my friend. I wish you can explain more about your "The Answer" story someday. I know is not easy to make a great story like this with instant, there's always a chance of trouble like burned out. I hope you can always have happy day with whatever you do right now and someday continue to make another Minato/Mitsuru stories. Cheers! :D

(PS: Let's hope that Atlus and SEGA after make a persona game that explain about story when Elizabeth succeed to free Minato from the Great Seal, they also make announcement about canon/official relationships of persona series that one of them is Minato/Mitsuru)
The Greater Foo1 chapter 41 . 8/21/2019
Has it really been eight years? Man I remember first reading this story in 2012, it was one of the first fan fiction stories I ever read. I remember thinking it would be a miracle that the author would return and finish it. I’m so glad that it ended up happening. It was a unique take on Minato Arisato’s character and you handled the rest of the cast including the crossover elements admirably. This remains the essential Minato x Mitsuru story on this site. Thank you for finishing the story that you wanted to tell, and for the fond memories. I understand if you have burnout from this but know whatever you wrote next, I’ll be eager to read.