Reviews for Persona: Defiance of Fate
Wander101 chapter 7 . 12/27/2014
I didn’t want to review until I’d gotten further into the story. Novelizations must be quite the undertaking, particularly with such unusual plot elements. But they can be very enjoyable when they expand on the interactions of great characters.

I’m curious as to see what liberties you take. It’s a fine line and I was glad to see your appreciation for it at the end of the first chapter. And some will be necessary since the protagonist is a blank slate in the game. Your take on his personality is entertaining. At times he felt a little too competent, at least early on when everything should have been new to him.

I do hope there will be some changes to the ending. It really disappointed me in the game. I don’t mind the occasional downer ending but it almost felt like it undermined all the effort put in.

All in all, I'm enjoying the adventure and look forward to more.
A Non-Y Mouse chapter 14 . 12/13/2014
As far as fillers go, this REALLY isn't as horrible as you make it out to be. Admittedly, the scene where the Irregulars and SEES interact at Hagakure seem a bit... I'unno, insubstantial, maybe?

I was maybe also expecting Minato getting a little flak from the rest of the Irregulars due to the whole "Left without telling anyone" thing and from earlier conversations in previous chapters, but I might've been reading too much in them.

Still, looking forward to what you've got planned for the next chapter!
thegreatdar chapter 14 . 12/12/2014
For something that will probably reach 450k words, there have to be some filler moments to balance the story in my opinion. Even though the interactions between the 2 groups wasn't quite what I was expecting, I am grateful that you managed to complete it! At least there was some character development in Minato during his fight; maybe expand on that a bit more to improve this chapter? If this chapter is mostly filler, perhaps focus on making the interactions between the groups more humorous, even if you did say you couldn't figure what to say during those scenes. But you can always go back to it later, preferably when you have finished the story (haha). Looking forward to the next update.
anieljesu.gonzalez chapter 14 . 12/12/2014
Even If you Feel As If You Didn't Do a Good Job The Chapter To Other's Is Great Good Job
anieljesu.gonzalez chapter 13 . 12/1/2014
Love This Chapter Things Between Minato & Mitsuru Are Greatly Developing Plus Did Anyone Get The
Batman Begins Reference Classic Movie Quote
Kaio Thor chapter 13 . 11/23/2014
Right in time to sweeten my workday, you really saved me from being bored.

It's great to see this story continuing and I'm really looking forward to whatever magical insanity awaits after the events of the actual Persona-stuff.

Keep up the good work. ;)
NAJ P. Jackson chapter 13 . 11/21/2014
So Minato finally experienced riding Mitsurus bike huh. These two has been flirting heavily lately. Me like.
thegreatdar chapter 13 . 11/21/2014
one of the updates ive been waiting for! i liked the scene you added where mitsuru took minato to the kirijo lab. the world building plus the expansion of mitsuru's thoughts on minato are great to read. keep it up!
The Greater Foo1 chapter 13 . 11/20/2014
Oh boy, Minato's old group, young Naoto, and S.E.E.S. all mixed together! You sir sure know how to do a cliffhanger. Well written chapter overall, and I liked Minato's reactions to Aigis and Ken, which I found realistic for his character. I also like what you do with Mitsuru's father, he's frustratingly under developed in the game and it's nice to see more of his character in regards to Aigis. It really feels like he's backing the operation rather than being a bystander. I snickered when he more or less gave Mitsuru his approval in regards to Minato which makes me intensely curious of where you go next. Keep up the fine work!
Kazedono chapter 12 . 11/5/2014
You are as awesome as ever.
The foray into nasuverse is good too and if it stay like this it will make a great backstory.

Keep up the great work !
Neoalfa chapter 12 . 10/8/2014
Hm, I like your story quite a lot, but you cross over several series only to give Minato a supernatural background. I have no problem following it, but the Nasuverse alone is in itself a self-referencing can of worms. I appreciate it, but it gives the feeling that the story is unfocused and confusing. Also, it gives sort of Marty Tsu vibes for Minato alone that aren't all that pleasant.
Otherwise, hell of a story. I hope you'll update soon.

Bye.
steeltoedsandal chapter 12 . 9/28/2014
I really love this novelization. It feels a bit slow at times, but I really enjoy the humor and the thought you put into it. My only major gripe is that akihiko doesn't get much dialogue. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing :)
Minakoto Yukisato chapter 7 . 8/30/2014
What other Shin Megami Tensei games are referenced in your story. I know Raidou Kuzunoha is one of them.
Tankyu-sha chapter 12 . 8/27/2014
Tsuruya debuts! Hilarity ensues!

Magecraft? Association? Atlas? The Mystic Eyes? Hm... Very interesting... Very, very...

...Did Pixie actually suggest a Tsuruya x Minato x Mitsuru threesome? *goggles*

Tsuruya plus SEES girls -or Junpei- equals constant hilarity.

Hope to see more of her, actually.

So. Crossover definitively revealed at last. Fate, hm? Ideas... Will PM soon.

Update soon, y/n?

yorr rete yasra fhyu
The Fool's Journey chapter 12 . 8/25/2014
Good chapter, loved Tsuruya's interaction with the group.
178 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »