Reviews for Persona: Defiance of Fate
war hippy fatigues chapter 32 . 10/5/2016
I appreciate the attempt to make a novel out of the game, because there are parts of the game that certainly deserve it, but I can't say this was really what I was looking for.
The protagonist struck me as being the biggest issue. Just like in the game, he (OR SHE?) is a giant mary sue who is good at everything and everyone likes them except for the irritating comic relief character no one likes anyway. I can tell you recognized this as an issue, but your solution is not one I enjoyed. Having this young high school student from a wealthy also having a super omega traumatic backstory with murders and violence that doesn't actually affect his performance in life just felt... stupid. And hard to relate to. Plus his backstory was hard to follow considering how long the main plot is and how many characters it has anyway.
Oh well.
InfinityMask chapter 6 . 9/21/2016
Oohh.. Awesome... Dual wielding huh?.. I wonder if Minato would do that from now on... Nah.. He can't use persona if he do that.. Lol
OllyOllyOxycodone chapter 12 . 9/18/2016
I'm going to stop here. This went from 'Follow canon almost word for word to witches and shit.' I was hoping all this crazy shit was just Minato's personality, but NOPE. Another thing that hurts this story for me was "Tsu-chan". UGH. Super bubbly and acts like a moron. I can see her going "Nyaaaaah" or maybe "Uguuu"... I just can't. Pretty good for the first ~10 chapters but went to crazyville in a tie dye colored basket in the last few.
InfinityMask chapter 5 . 9/15/2016
Damn! I think this chapter include the long awaited talk between Minato and Naoto or his grandpa... Lol
InfinityMask chapter 4 . 9/14/2016
Thx for the chapter! I wonder if Minato and the other would reprimanded Junpei? I always disliked this part.. Really want to punch him.. Lol
InfinityMask chapter 3 . 9/14/2016
Hmm.. Thx for the chapter.. Anyway I'm kinda curious about the woman that they meet in hospital.. It's seems she would be important in the future huh? Pretty sure she is oc.. Lol.

Will Naoto show up in the story? Judging from how often you mention her she would show up at one point.. Maybe just from phone or maybe she comes to Port Island.. Lol
InfinityMask chapter 2 . 9/14/2016
I like this fic very much! You make the story unique.. I hope you will let us see when Minato and Naoto talk.. Oh btw I curious, is Naoto, Minato real sister? If yes how she survived the night on the bridge?

Btw did you notice the interaction of Yukari and Minato in this chapter (when they talk before they go to hagakura(?)) can be Miss interpreted into somethings else.. Lol
InfinityMask chapter 1 . 9/14/2016
Awesome first chapter.. Very interesting and in a way unique because it's kinda different than game.. I wonder though will Naoto play important roles later? Will Minato tell her and his grandpa about shadow? I think he wouldn't tell Naoto, but granpa maybe..
I hope Minato survived in the end and the story continue to P4
f22-raptor340 chapter 31 . 9/12/2016
Other great chapter makes me wonder are you going to be following the FES path?
Yuki2311 chapter 31 . 8/31/2016
I liked this chapter, it wasn't that bad and the filler was entertaining at least, unlike most of shonen jump anime like One Piece and Naruto where they have non entertaining filler after non entertaining filler.

I can't wait for the next chapter!
A Non-Y Mouse chapter 31 . 8/31/2016
I'll be the first to admit this chapter had me excited for development.

... Then realizing that the whole "We'll talk about our relationship tomorrow" was just asking for a death flag. Then I read the chapter title and remembered what happened after Kyoto. RIP Chidori-who-is-most-certainly-dead.

All the same, I've never had any point where I started to lazily skim through the text (something I tend to do when I start to lose interest in the story or find a chapter to be boring) which is good!

On the plus side, I'm happy that your most recent note re-affirms the future existence of a sequel after this. Which I am super looking forward to (SMT plus TYPE-MOON and references to SHnY? Yes please!).

... Oh, and the relationship upgrade. You promised this since chapter one and dammit, I've been waiting five and a half years for the glorious payoff!
Kirijo Senpai chapter 31 . 8/31/2016
Ah fck another month for the "talk"
Storm Wolf77415 chapter 31 . 8/30/2016
We all have our off days, Solid. Nothing to be ashamed of, just pick up and move on.
Octamis99 chapter 31 . 8/30/2016
You have simultaneously kept me on edge and satisfied with misturu and minato's relationship. That being said I absolutely can not wait for them to get together.
Regis JN chapter 30 . 7/29/2016
I don't know whether to be happy or sad at how close to the ending this story is getting.
307 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »