Reviews for Alien Expectations
Walle ras chapter 6 . 11/11/2014
I am hoping for more cyber men.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/2/2014
Stetsons? He's already acting like his next regeneration and he's not even regenerated.
NormalityIsNonexistent chapter 6 . 2/7/2012
The Doctor always runs into deadly aliens.
NormalityIsNonexistent chapter 5 . 2/7/2012
Whenever someone tells you not to panic, doesn't that make you panic even more?I can't be alone on this.
NormalityIsNonexistent chapter 4 . 2/7/2012
The cybermen are so cheery. Screams are Velox's future? That is so optomistic.
NormalityIsNonexistent chapter 3 . 2/7/2012
Yes, Cybermen. That may sound absoloutly insane, but I love the cybermen.
NormalityIsNonexistent chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Poor Marty, hope he finds the Doctor.
NormalityIsNonexistent chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
To quote Ten,"What?"
Tall Tails - Feline Jaye chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
Being Australian, I find the "Where's that, Australia?" line particularly funny.

Hm, Marty being all urgent is a bit odd though. I guess he doesn't fancy time-travelling for longer than he has to? (I find it odd mainly because MArty himself was once panicking about having "no time" then basically facepalmed when he rememebered he had a time machine: "Wait a minute, I have all the time in the world! I'm in a time machine." )
Catcop chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
Yay
JimandSteve chapter 6 . 6/28/2011
I have to agree with you: Cyberman scare me FAR more than Daleks. I'm a little bitty person and imagining this huge metal monster coming after me isn't the happiest thought in the world.

Good chapter and great way to start off an adventure! I'm glad you made Marty do some work in the conclusion, because I was a tiny bit worried that maybe the Doctor would be the big hero (Hey, not that that's a bad thing - but if Marty is able to do his share, I think it's only fair that he can kick some butt too, so thanks for letting him earn his keep! It keeps him in character and makes him interesting and Doctor Who Companion material!)

BTW I'm going to comment and ALL your episodes because you COMPLETELY deserve it!
Tamira chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
Great chapter!

just one little nitpick. qoute:

"Doctor stepped up to the Cyberman and crouched down, so they were face to face. "You're never going to be complete. Not if it means killing someone else to do it."

"It is my purpose. I need the human's spare parts."

"I don't have spare parts!"

"Then you have no purpose. I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry, but what you're doing is meaningless.""

First the Doctor is talking, then it would beexpected to be Cyberman, then Doctor, then Cyberman... Or some indication that the expected dialogue is not happening, like "he continued" or something...

Of course I figured out who was saying what, but it did take me a double-take...

Still, great story and I liked the ambiguity of green-alines death (and am kinda sad, he was one of the evil guys, but he died and we don't evne know his name or WHAT sort of alien he was or anything...)

Onwards to the next adventure! :)

Tam
Tamira chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
LOL Poor Mary has the tendency to wake up and think he had the weirdest dream just to relaize he still is stuck in the situation he thought was a dream, doesn't he?

Otherwise... spare parts, oh my! and only one chapter to go!
Tamira chapter 4 . 6/6/2011
Hi,

I realy like this so far and am probably going to sporadically drop a review while reading my way through your series.

It's an interesting idea (and I wonder what sort of timey-whimeyness it will bring later on, I mean, with THAT sort of cross over!) and you have both main characters spot on!

You are right, the Doctor seems to need companions for giving him meaning.

Now i have to go on and find out how the Doctor and the others get out of this situation! It'S going to be kidna tricky and of ocurse it owuld be nice if he oculd save both Velox and Celox... One never knows for sure how the body-count of a Doctor Who episode is, just that he and his main companion (generally) survive. ;)
Desiree1717 chapter 6 . 5/13/2011
Goodness, this was full of Hitchhiker references, wasn't it? How wonderful. I hope I see a towel in the future.