Reviews for Of Rice and Prayers
luvthembones chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
You mad eme laugh! And yes, god did sound like Hodgins with a little Max Keenan and Caroline thrown in. The Brennan I didn't see so much. But very cute.
mychakk chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
So, I'm a very religious person, Catholic to be exact, going on with PhD in theology, and I loved this to pieces. Humorous, sarcastic, cheeky? I can by that ;) And since I believe He doesn't exist to condemn us, he definitely can give permission in certain circumstances as you made Him give (because seriously, free will.). (doesn't agree with the Bible thing, it's a bit more complicated and different, but otherwise, nice one shot)

So this goes to my favs, and I'm happy i found this, I was thinking about something like that myself :D
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Great read! Loved it, no rice needed!
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
This is pretty good. I don't know why you worried about it. Well maybe I do. Some people do not have a sense of humor.

When God started talking Hodgins popped into my head . It seemed like him talking.

I got the rice thing. I liked it.

All in all I thought this was different from the usual fair and I like different. Good job,
I now rule the world chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
This made me laugh so hard, making my roommate think I was crazy...Here, let's trade: I get the funny,witty, and amazing writing skills, you get..uh, you get...a cookie?

My favorite lines have got to be:

"Seriously? Are you allowed to make those kinds of jokes?"

"Creator of the universe, baby. I make everything."

HODGINSHODGINSHODGINS. I will now picture Hodgins at church, Thank you.

"Seriously? You can't swear, either!" Booth exclaimed exasperatedly.

"Almighty being. Try and stop me."

I nearly gave my laptop a bath in hot chocolate after reading that!

"I strongly dislike this pattern of you nearly dying once a year, so you will stay put and heal fully before you resume your pattern of regularly scaring the hell out of me. Understand?"

SO BRENNAN, SO FUNNY! You really are queen of fanfiction!
avaniheath chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
I believe there is a God and I believe He would totally approve of this fic! :) I find it funny that you heard Brennan & Hodgins voices as God - I totally heard Hodgins! I loved this. Funny! It reminds me of the saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan." Awesome!
Mimimoon chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
That probably was the funniest thing I've read for a long time! I love what you did with the man upstairs (if there's a man upstairs, 'cause I'm still ambivalent on that)! I loved the humour and what you said about wedding! Only the love matters in a couple, not the fact that there's a paper or a band or a party... only the love.
berniej chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
rotflol! I was going to ask if God was channelling Hodgins with the baby remark! I didn't think anyone could seriously be insulted by this it was just fun. Really enjoyed it

Thanks for sharing

Bernie
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Before I read your concluding note, I copied this line to tell you how I immediately pictured Hodgins in a white robe and gold sandals: "Creator of the universe, baby. I make everything." It was the baby that did it for me.

As for that picture, lol! Haha. I'm a Christian, and I'm afraid I might no longer picture Morgan Freeman when I pray.

;)

Thanks.
Jewelbe11 chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Very well done. I think it was just the push Booth needs :-D
BandBfan chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
Seriously, *tonguefirmlyplantedincheek* wonderful job.

Loved the humor,loved the voice of God and whiny Booth is funny.

thanks for sharing,

Cindy
toffeeeclairs chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
LOVED IT! And I totally saw hosting as "god" when I was reading it so I love the confirmation of that in your 2nd a/n
jsq chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
This one got lost in my inbox somehow, so I'm just now finding it. Absolutely hilarious. And yes- God sounded much like Hodgins...and while I'm not sure there is a God, if He exists, I would rather like to think of him as Hodgins-like.
Alicat76 chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
That was hilariously brilliant! God definitely sounded a lot like Brennan... especially calling the bible a novel lol! If it gives Booth the kick in the butt he needs it's fine with me :) x
nertooold54 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
lol Seriously, come on we all know that G has a great sense of humor, just look around.