Reviews for RightSY
reader50 chapter 1 . 6/3
I guess I shouldn't have laughed when I read the last 2 paragraphs, but just the thought of Dean being so smart-alecky with a voodoo priestess that she just had to shut him up makes giggle.
very good
die Otter chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I loved it! (does it make me a sadist? ;)) I just wish it was longer, because it is both interesting and very well-written. The scene of Sam meeting Dean and realising he's mute was beautiful and I loved your description, with all these details about ASL, but then it ended almost too quickly. I get that it was supposed to be a one-shot, but you left me wanting so much more!
LunaRains chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
loved it wish it was longer!
FEELS-DISTRIBUTER chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
How is this simultaneously sad AND cute?
StarCatcher37 chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
I'd tried to teach myself ASL but failed because of lack of free time xD This is really interesting, but about when is it? When they're in college? And wouldn't Sam have noticed that Dean wasn't deaf before? (I did early in the writing). Nice, easy to understand portrayal of sign language and some deaf culture, too. Awesome :D
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This is perfect!
You've got the characters down to a T and it's easily to imagine this really happening in the series.
I love the ending especially. :)

(You're awesome, btw)
DarthJackie chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
As an ASL student who finished all the school classes offered, I can identify with the need to learn every single sign I can. :) Also, after 3 years of knowing enough to carry on a conversation in ASL it STILL looks like English, grammer-wise. So I totally identify with Sam there.
This was absolutely AWESOME! I love that you actually described the Signs. I've read other stories, and there's not nearly enough description. So I really, really love that. Excellent job!
guerrero chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I loved it! Especially the end lol.
Washington-Jones chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Mute Dean ? ARGH ! Poor Boy !

Did you know ASL fluently ?

I always wanted to learn, but there is no possibility to learn where I come from.
AreYouSirius-questionmark chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
haha:) MUTE Dean! hilarious, she was probably fed up with wise cracks:D:D
tlcroft chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Ran across this story and loved it. It's somehow appropriate that Dean would have learn ASL-somewhere there's another story with a deaf Dean in it, set during Sam's Stanford years but it's much darker than this one.

A couple of things I would like to add: my son has Asbergers and he was taught ASL as a way to communicate while he was learning to speak. He still will use a few of the signs. And my dad thinks that ASL should be taught in regular schools-a professional lumberman his entire life, there has been times when he's needed to comunicate with someone when speech could not be heard and ASL is perfect for that.
anon chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
he voodoo priestess hadn't made Dean deaf, she had made Dean mute. Dean had just been pretending to be deaf because it was easier to explain and with which to find advantages. - OK I know somehow it's wrong but I laughed my ass off at that!
Inksoul chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Oh my gosh, that was great! :D I really liked how you used the real signs and described them in motion. As someone who knows Sign Language this was a fun read for me. (It's not often that I get to read typed ASL) I also LOVE the idea of the brothers using it, so this was perfect!
Vampyre Moon chapter 1 . 3/5/2011