Reviews for Glimpses Through A Shard
Tishbing chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I did find it hard to believe that kirk was comepletely innocent in jocelyn's demise
Black Dreamz chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
so glad you wrote this because I really wanted to read the other perspective.
Alluranna chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
This is beautifully done. I will admit, I had wondered about their time at the academy together and the little snippets you gave us in Mirror Darkly just make my imagination go wild. This is better than I expected it could be! Not that I am really all that surprised. You always suck me in and make me beg for more! How Kirkian of you!

I love how Kirk started out thinking; oh he will be a fun time. Yet he takes that chance, becomes the protector Bones did not know he had. And is it subtle protection in the begging. The glare to the guy checking him out, changing the housing records so that they were together instead of with Mr. Anger Management and Mr. Touchy Feely. I laughed so very hard thinking of Kirk having a toddler moment. Goodness, can you imagine he going through the “mine” phase… oh wait, he is… and doing SO very good with it!

I love the way Kirk manipulates Bones, but is at the same time, finding himself drawn to him even more by things he never would have thought was special or necessary with anyone else. It makes me laugh that Kirk protected Bones the way he did because Bones was weak, or would not be able to help him out if he were hurt rather than acknowledge the real reason he was protecting him. At least he knew, deep down, why he was taking care of him.

Long story short, I loved this like you could not believe. You are my hero!

Kisses,

Nikki
phoebe turner chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
i loved it!
kisa9 chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Along with the rest of your stories, the emotion components that compromise motives are eloquently executed. Bones exemplifies a modern American man's placement in a culture tormented with military proficiency. Jim Kirk retains the chess genius status he possesses in the original series.

I enjoyed seeing Jim's pause at Bones' profession. Doctors' power in this society gave me an odd misplaced sense of pride.

The progression of Jim's emotions towards Bones clarified the actions of manipulation that began Through A Mirror Darkly. He wants to bask in this southern warmth for a long time, and you made a wonderful prequel.

Surely, you know you are one of the best writers around Kirk/Mccoy, and your writing is preferable to many published works. Normally, I frequent livejournal as opposed to , but exceptions are made for you, as you make me excited to see your work updated.
Lord Darling chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Intriguing. McCoy is very tempting here.
Violet chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Really good. I'm glad you added this to your collection of writings. I think it does give a more in depth view to th character and its nice as a one shot since there is no place to fit it in the novel legnth story. Please continue and finish that story. It could be one of the greats in fanfiction. And please continue your "Bought and Paid For" story. I think it has great potential.
Tassie chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
I do like the alternative perspective of the first meetup. It's interesting how Kirk doesn't even begin to understand Bones' POV from the Klingon incident. It's also cool how you have Kirk basically rationalizing his protection until the first actual fight wherein he realizes what's going on. The initial denial is an interesting counterpoint to his basic declaration of love at the beginning of Through a Mirror Darkly. Please continue the excellent story, I love your version of Mirror!verse.
SRT-10 Blue Viper chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Loved it! It was great to see things through Jim's eyes, he's really sweet!
HellzCrusader chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
at long last! the dead klingon durring dinner had made the stage lol. fantastic job Teris.
swamud3a chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Wow, thank you for the birthday wishes! I love this, getting a little piece of Kirk's inner thought process, and how it reveals his characterization. This kirk is focused to pinpoint accuracy on two things, his success and McCoy. I like the little moments of denial that kirk gives himself, like when he first starts to get possessive, he attributes it to not wanting to hear McCoy complain - ok kirk, whatever you have to do to sleep at night buddy. I also love how calculating this Kirk is, everything is like a massive game of chess. LIke i was truly creeped out and impressed by his plan to off jocelyn, he's a criminal master mind, lol. McCoy is lucky he doesn't know the half of it...yet.
Sir Gnome the Giant chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I think that you are officially my favorite writer of all time on this site. I love the stories :)
Nini43 chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
As it turns out, your characterization and writing are addictive. I think you may be as evil as Mirror Kirk.. always making the reader want more!

On a more serious note, one thing that I very much like in your writing style is the feeling that you are telling me a story in person - a very "connected" writing style that creates a sense of real time to the work.

Feel free to update as often as you like (hint, hint).
Ayathele chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
You know what it is? I think you are physically incapable of doing bad work. This is another great story, and it filled in a section of the "Mirror Darkly" story line that I'm sure a lot of people have wondered about for a while. I love how you are able to seamlessly fit in all of the little details you've given us so far about the characters' pasts while at the same time giving us so much more new material when you do this kind of side story! Good choice on the title, too.