Reviews for Mark of Royalty
No.311 chapter 6 . 1/30
I have a question. I don't want to say that this is a bad story, but doesn't making Merlin a good sword fighter make him a bit too overpowered in comparison to Arthur?

Reasoning:

I mean, it disrupts the balance a bit. I'll explain: In the canon, Arthur is good with fighting, while Merlin is good with magic. That makes them both powerful. Also, Arthur has the authority, while Merlin has the 'wisdom for ruling' he tries to teach Arthur. While I don't particularly mind Merlin having authority as well (royal!Merlin is fun to read, after all), disrupting the fighting balance as well makes him some kind of superman, in that his flaws are almost non-existent. And with Merlin having only the 'noble' flaws, like self-sacrificing, I think this makes Arthur's good qualities redundant, making him kind of redundant as a whole, except for being surprised at the start.

(end reasoning)

Not that I don't like your story. It's a pretty nice take on Royal!Merlin. I like the explanation for him fleeing the kingdom being a curse. Also, I like the knights you added too.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/25/2015
I'm reading this for about the fifth time and enjoying it just as much as ever! Thanks!
The Hope Lions chapter 11 . 9/5/2015
I have no idea why it took me so long to read this fanfic...but I'm glad I finally did.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/7/2015
Thank you for this amazing story! I was laughing so hard! it was well written and the brother relationship was written Amazingly perfect!
Guest chapter 11 . 7/22/2015
Qwerty6452 chapter 2 . 6/24/2015
My God I ADORE how you write Merlin :D He's so cheerful, I LOVE it. So in character - "Misery has come to get me!" - I literally broke out laughing. You're good at this :)
FateOfChaos chapter 11 . 2/23/2015
I love this story so much! The back story, the bromance, ah! It's just too awesome!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/4/2015
That was great ! I just find weird that Gaius is Merlin's uncle, but well, not a big deal...
Guest chapter 3 . 1/11/2015
ooooooooooooh yes, the beautifulness, it burns
Lientjuhh chapter 11 . 1/4/2015
FUn to read.. :) Nice.. :D
oma13 chapter 11 . 11/11/2014
I absolutely love this story! I am really enjoying Broken Faith as well and hope you update it soon!
guardianofdragonlore chapter 11 . 10/23/2014
I bow down to you my queen. I am but a mercenary compared to your majesty as a writer.
carisa.bruderer chapter 11 . 10/9/2014
Love it!
Navi chapter 3 . 10/1/2014
I'm so glad that I only read stories that are already completed I don't think I could handle the cliffhangers other wise :D
Kallie01 chapter 11 . 8/7/2014
This was amazing! Thank you so much for this abso-posi-lutly wonderful story! (I also enjoyed the author notes, those really made me laugh. :)