Reviews for Holography2: Wedding Present or Starling's Lament
Renewed Fan chapter 8 . 5/23
This and the previous chapter are very powerful, emotionally charged.
pandorablueskies chapter 22 . 2/25
An excellent, unusual, and compelling story. You did an excellent job portraying an abusive relationship's development and consequences. Thanks for a very good read!
Owlkin chapter 22 . 9/27/2014
Ooh that was a hard one to read, but very engaging.
Madeleine chapter 22 . 5/22/2014
Pat, out of all your stories this one is the hardest for me to read. It is riveting and it keeps me emotionally connected, but it is a very difficult firestorm they both have to go through. But it is hard to read because your writing and character development are so perfect. These character developments run throughout the story of things Sarek Amanda and T'Pau learn and it is what makes the story work. They all really go through a trial by fire and it makes them stronger.
Guest chapter 22 . 5/21/2014
You probably have the most creative stories I have ever read. You manage to create a whole new universe with its own setting and characters. Needless to say, I love this story. It's just so well written and the story is captivating and I find myself always craving more. And your constant literary references are much appreciated. It adds a level of sophistication to your writing that most stories lack. I love this story and all of your others. For the good of my sanity, never stop writing.
Lisa Santos chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
What to say about this... its beautiful, haunting and when I started to read it the first time I could not stop until I finished. What happened to Amanda was so difficult to accept but so was what was happening to Sarek which caused it. The relationship of Sarek and Amanda is so complex and so bittersweet. What happened just fitted in so well within the overarching Holography epic and the Vulcan culture you have created. Again Pat thank you for the very vivid and great stories. I always come back to your stories again and again, never tiring of reading and re reading them since I so love ST TOS and Spock, Sarek and Amanda, particularly within the world you have chosen them to live in. Regards and hope you are doing well...
Guest chapter 22 . 5/16/2014
I really enjoy reading your stories and this was one of my favorites.
LizardPeeple chapter 21 . 5/15/2014
Pursuant to your request, I'm writing a review of Starling's Lament, which is in my top-five all time FF stories. The most moving part for me is when Sarek realizes that he truly does *love* Amanda enough to let her go, even if such an idea is anathema to his Vulcan ways. Please know that there are readers out there who enjoy all of your lovely stories. Your holography series is just fantastic - such a wonderfully realized Vulcan world. Thanks for sharing.
chaero chapter 22 . 5/12/2014
A very dificult story to read. It shows Amanda's acceptance of Vulcan marriage. No wonder she is revered after her sacrifice. Wonerful to see Sarek admit he loves her. I love the world you have created.
Valkara chapter 22 . 3/29/2014
"Biology" is no excuse for rape, assault & battery, and the myriad other cruelties Sarek inflicted on Amanda. She should have taken T'Pau's advice and either challenged or left.
Guest chapter 22 . 2/4/2014
Dee1600: I love this story! It moves me to tears. It is a beautiful love story. Thank you for writing it.
wolfen281 chapter 22 . 9/26/2013
Great writing. Interesting interpretation of Vulcan culture/biology. However, I think it's straight up domestic abuse in my opinion.
numom1 chapter 22 . 4/17/2013
This was an amazing take on Sarek and Amanda's relationship. I thoroughly enjoyed it! It has always been a quiet contemplation of how Sarek and Amanda's relationship fared after Spock left home - this is a realistic version of it that I could see happening in canon. At different points in time, I truly felt how bereft Amanda felt as she had everything taken away and was chattel - it was emotionally humbling as I really couldn't perceive her circumstances in real life and just trying to feel as she did was totally unreal and profoundly sad. All of these emotional feelings an author can generate in a reader showcase a truly gifted writer. I commend you for that!

Thank you so much for sharing your writing with all of us and I hope you continue to do so for many more years. :)
aurado chapter 22 . 12/5/2012
Hi, I have been reading this story again this afternoon. It is wonderful, as I found it the other times.
Thank you for presenting us your talent.
P.Wallace chapter 22 . 11/8/2012
I literally could not put this down. I read it from beginning to end in one setting. This rivals the greatest of the published books and I hope this author writes LOTS more in the Star Trek Universe!