Reviews for Estel and the Hobbit
Guest chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
I love this story! Thank you for this! I'm seriously starting to believe that the reason Tolkien left so many gaps and unanswered questions is so that people can join the the enrichment and co-creation of Middle-earth with stories like this! My own headcanon includes a scene where Bilbo and Estel discover a curious entry about magic rings in the annals of Rivendell. :D
Guest chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
I love this story! Thank you! I'm seriously starting to believe that the reason Tolkien left so many gaps and unanswered questions is so that people can join in the enrichment and expansion of Middle-earth with stories like this! :D My own headcanon includes a scene where Bilbo and Estel diacover a curious entry about magic rings in the annals of Rivendell.
LisaG16 chapter 2 . 6/10/2013
neat story. i kind of wished they had done this in the movie...that would have been fun. :)
Freehobbit chapter 2 . 4/12/2012
I love this! I've already read the ones I favorited, 2 years ago but I haven't noticed this, for some reason(perhaps it simply slipped from my memory). I never realised that Aragorn and Bilbo would've met back then. It's just as the summary promised - it's sweet and simple, yet with deeper meanings. Reading about their first meeting - and the other one - has made my day. Thank you!
Man Man chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
*MAY* I leave the table! :P
Koraki chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
This is a really lovely little fic, and explains perfectly the friendship of Bilbo and Aragorn. I do believe I'll be adopting it as my personal canon on the matter, as it were. :-) Good job!
Faerthurin chapter 2 . 10/30/2011
This is just beautiful.
Blackbird10 chapter 2 . 6/23/2003
:D Loved it. Great to find something about Bilbo and Aragorn. :)
Firiel chapter 2 . 4/24/2003
I like the idea of ten year old Aragorn meeting Bilbo when Bilbo was in Rivendell on his journey. Very cute.
crazyLOTRfan chapter 2 . 3/15/2003
aw...that was so cute! I love it!
shirebound chapter 2 . 12/26/2002
This review is later than late, but I just discovered this incredible story. I was wondering why someone didn't write about Bilbo and Estel in Rivendell, and thanks to a reviewer to one of my stories telling me about this, I get to read it! This is fantastic. Every word a gem. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Celtic Angel chapter 2 . 10/15/2002
I love your story its so cute. Well keep up the good work in your other fics.
anorel chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
I found this story very sweet and well written. When I read Tale of the Year in the appendices i thought "estel must have been nine or ten when Bilbo and hte dwarves came to Rivendell. They must have met sometime."

It is good someone decided to write a story about it.
LOTRlover chapter 2 . 9/13/2002
Lovely. I like the contrast between ten-year-old Estel and the grave man he grew up to be, and the difference in Bilbo, too. Nicely done.
Wayfarer chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Nice! And thanks to this little piece, a bit more light has been cast on the piece I'm working - didn't occur to me that these two crossed paths so early. Thank you very much for that! :D

btw, just thought you'd like to know of a little typo:

“I’m ten,” Estel said, drawing himself up to his full height, which turned out to be a few inches taller than Bilbo. “How old are you?”avHav

Am sure the last bit was accidental.

~W