Reviews for The Blood Dimmed Tide
falke117 chapter 1 . 5/20
This is a great one. It covers a lot of small details that the game fail to mention but it should, and the transition from friendship to romance is quick natural and convincing. Thank you for the good work.
Reiko x 3 chapter 22 . 1/24
D'awwww... What? That's kind of my default reaction to Shepard and Vakarian interactions. Hm, what to say about this chapter... I certainly enjoyed it. Looking forward to whenever they activate Legion. I wish he'd been in the games longer... I have not gotten around to paying ME3 yet, but I just KNOW that game is going to break my heart SO MANY TIMES... T_T Legion... Mordin... Thane... Damn you YouTube and damn my curiosity for making me ignore the spoiler warnings every god damn time! T_T Ow...
Anon chapter 22 . 11/19/2016
I just saw that you updated in October! I'm so happy to see you haven't given up on this story. It's by far the best Mass Effect fanfic I've ever read, and has stuck with me all these years. I remember binge reading all you had written back in 2012 or maybe 2013, and just dying of anticipation for the next chapter to come out. I do hope you end up finishing the story- though I can understand if it's hard, especially after all this time, as you may have lost inspiration (I once wrote a story nearly 100,000 words long, and then simply lost inspiration- so I understand writers block).
Anyway thank you! Are you excited for the new mass effect? Maybe there will be a romance just as good as Garrus and Shepard that you'll want to write about ;)
deets1 chapter 10 . 10/16/2016
This. Was great. I haven't been to finer for a while, /'d had actually almost forgotten about reviews (which is funny, because I sorted by them to find this story). Anyway, it really says something that I found myself wishing that I could comment on this chapter. Because it was really bleeping good. I wouldn't have interrupted my headlong hurtling through it otherwise.

Hurtling through reading means your story is good. Interrupting to comment means: really good.

This moment with Shepard having her enlightenment really got me. Because you took this so slow. Not unnecessarily slow, but properly slow. The physical contact, the care, the knowledge of each other... that doesn't happen immediately. And this moment. It's so characteristic of life. That mental double-take when you're like "nah, no way. Nope. Uh uh. ... ...shit." That was good. The way Shepard had to evaluate, and 'that voice,' and the open elevator? Spot on. Pip pip cheerio.

Even and especially the 'perfect first date' comment. It's not a date-neither of them said it was. But she's still speculating over the first date, and comparing this meeting to a date and it's almost like one in her mind. You have me sold on this story fam. J love it. I'll try to come up with some constructive criticism later.

Thanks for writing this,
Sets

P.S. Your use of 'purring' as a verb for speaking kills me. Especially since only. Garrus and Shepard have done it so far. Sometimes to each other. They are so perfect for each other omfg.

P.S.S. lol Jacob. He never stood a chance. I appreciated Garrus' subtle jealousy. He didn't even notice it himself.
PizzaNSunshine chapter 8 . 10/8/2016
I'm very much enjoying this fic! I love that you incorporate in game scenes and proceed to fill in the blanks between. I just love Garrus and Femshep and your interpretation of their story together!
FlowerMaiden05 chapter 22 . 10/3/2016
Wow I'm glad I found this! I hope that you stick with it. :)
LittleMissUnknown chapter 22 . 10/3/2016
Glad you're back! Btw, out of curiousity... is garrus going to visit palaven to see his mother?
LittleMissUnknown chapter 14 . 10/3/2016
Saw you update the fic and I'm re reading every chapter.
I love you. 3
You managed to make this horribly awkward moment between shep and garrus make sense lmao
Limelines chapter 22 . 10/3/2016
It's finally back! I'd completely given up hope but my no 1 favourite fic has risen from the dead! *muffled screeching*

Please please please keep writing, I love this story with all of my heart.
SinistrousDelirious chapter 22 . 10/3/2016
Aaah I just love the Shakarian interactions. It's nice on such a dreary monday night.
I've always held a grudge against Kaidan/Ashley for ME2. Well, a small one. I would have liked more options in ME3 when you see them again. A bit like "I'm gonna let you on my ship because I need all the people I can get, but I ain't gonna like it", that sort of stuff.
ariiadne chapter 22 . 10/3/2016
yessssss it liiiiiiiiiiivessssssss

glad to see you're still alive, kicking, and well. a nice, clean chapter. looking forward to more. :)
super-rat chapter 22 . 10/2/2016
Ah, such a pleasure to read from you again.
And what a gorgeous chapter too! 3
Rebeccaxdaniels chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
I love this story so much I created an account just so I could leave a comment. It is the best mass effect fanfiction I've ever read. Ever ever. The banter between all the characters is hilarious and completely in character. Thank you so much for writing this, I hope you update again one day.
StillWittyKatie chapter 21 . 7/6/2016
Well, you've left Garrus, Shepard, me, and a few dozen (maybe even a hundred?) people hanging. Your author notes tell us that you're very busy. I sure hope that you find time to return to this story. Your writing is superb. Your voice is sharp and smart, you've captured the characters magnificently, and you're telling us the pieces of the story that fell through the spaces in the game. I'm following this story because the minute you post an update I'll be reading it.
SinistrousDelirious chapter 21 . 3/8/2016
Holy shit.
Ho-ly-shit.
Every time I finished a chapter, that's what I said out loud. And when I saw 21 was the latest chapter released, I said "oh no. noooo" and I don't verbalise much when I read.

This fic. This fic is everything I want from a Shakarian fic. Hell, it's everything I want in a fic.
Marvelous story writing, sticking to canon just enough but also letting in enough creative and original content.
The best slow-built and built-up to a relationship I have seen in A WHILE. The ride up towards romance was so smooth it went down so easily. When you're reading the build-up, it's amazing. Then they're together and you can't remember when they weren't.
Spectacular writing style. Easy to read, yet still novel-worthy all in all. So well written, it just kinda flows in my brain and English isn't even my native tongue.
Amazing grasp of characters. That IS Femshep. That IS Garrus. That IS just all of them and I LOVE every single one of them in this fic. It's such a pleasure to be able to look inside the heads of these characters in your fic and be like "yeah, that's what they would think!". That's just talent.

Damn, you have no idea how much I love finding gems like this! I've been binge reading this fic, so worth it.
Continue with your genius ways, I just can't wait for the update! And for, you know, interspecies courtship. They're running HOT and someone needs to open the vents!
I just can't wait to see how you'll do ME3 too. Ooooh I'm gonna loooove this ride! Oh yes!

Yeah I'll stop gushing like an idiot now, this is getting creepy xD but I just needed to show you HOW GOOD THIS IIISSSS aaagh.