Reviews for The Traitor's Child
D. M. Robb chapter 34 . 9/2/2012
Yay! I'm glad to see you're back with an update!

I loved Clopin in this chapter and could totally imagine him speaking with a fake Italian accent. This ability to act and imitate fits completely with his character. I hope his plan to free Bertaut works!

Your descriptions of the Palace of Justice dungeons were also heartwrenching, especially those of the children.

As usual, keep up the excellent work. I look forward to your updates! I understand how busy you are but hopefully the wait won't be too long! :-)
fishandchipsforever chapter 33 . 5/29/2012
Ive just spent 2 days reading through all the chapters of this story that i stumbled on just the other day,i love how all the characters from the original film are in character,its a really great story,im thoroughly enjoying reading it and i cant wait for the next chapter update,i love frollo best,so im hoping for lots more of him and cant wait to find out what he has planned for margaret:D
butterflyninja935 chapter 33 . 5/27/2012
This story is SO AWESOME!
D. M. Robb chapter 33 . 5/19/2012
I'm glad to see that you're back! Once again, your characterizations of Frollo and Clopin are completely spot-on! I can hear their voices in my head as I read. Margaret is also growing as a character, gradually changing from a sheltered noble man's daughter into quite a resourceful individual. I'm glad you didn't go overboard here, however. Although she can now stand up to Frollo, he is still able to sway her with his deception, which I found completely believable.

I hope you now get a well-deserved respite from school! As always, I look forward to your updates.
D. M. Robb chapter 32 . 3/7/2012
You have a lot going on in this chapter, yet it all flows together beautifully! You managed to flawlessly weave together introspection with intense action, which is often difficult to do. I'm impressed but not surprised, given the quality the your previous chapters.
Allendra chapter 31 . 2/20/2012
Yay, an update! Sorry it's taken me so long to review! Great chapter, as always! I liked the imagery with Quasimodo. :)
D. M. Robb chapter 31 . 2/7/2012
I'm all for shorter chapters if it means more frequent updates! :-)

It was very brave of Bertaut to stand by his principals in the enemies' presence. I hope he eventually gets back to Margaret, although that prospect isn't looking good.

I was glad for this peek into young Quasimodo's mind, how he relates to the gargoyles and bells. I can see the separate personalities of the three gargoyles starting to unfold here and how it is determined that their status as living beings is all in Quasi's imagination.

I know this sounds redundant but keep up the great work!
Allendra chapter 30 . 1/17/2012
Very cute and sweet! And interesting idea doing a Christmas-themed chapter, I really liked it!
D. M. Robb chapter 30 . 1/16/2012
I'm so glad you decided to write this Christmas-themed chapter! I voted for it on your survey.

It was a fun read: I enjoyed the humor and the overall lighthearted feel, which helps counterpoint some of the more serious chapters. I love how Margaret was able to "sneak" a role in the play and Frollo's reaction following it. It was also great to encounter Lady Agnes again, before her illness consumes her, and Quasimodo holding up mistletoe for Denis and Margaret was precious!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!
D. M. Robb chapter 29 . 12/19/2011
I'm so glad you updated!

Frollo is certainly a piece of work who keeps getting worse, if that's possible. You continue to write him so well! I hope Denis and Margaret will eventually find a way out of their dire situations.

I look forward to your next update!
Allendra chapter 29 . 12/19/2011
At least Denis is not dead! Frollo is such a horrible man. He really has nothing to gain from keeping Margaret, but he just likes idea that he's 'won'. -shivers- Glad to see an update, hurry with the next chapter!
D. M. Robb chapter 28 . 11/16/2011
This would have to end on a cliffhanger! I feel so bad for Margaret, as well as Denis, although he should have listened to her. This isn't looking good for him and I'm fearing the worst.

I know I'm probably starting to sound redundant but this was another great chapter and I'm looking forward to the updates!
Allendra chapter 27 . 10/30/2011
And like I said on DA, awesome chapter and can't wait to read more!
D. M. Robb chapter 27 . 10/26/2011
Your depiction of young Quasimodo was absolutely perfect! As usual, Frollo's character is spot-on: I could hear his voice in my head as I read his dialogue. I also enjoyed the comic relief of Denis comparing Frollo's appearance to the pike he had caught.

Although the chapter ended happily, it left me with an ominous feeling. I'm doubting that things will go as planned, especially for poor Quasimodo.

Looking forward to your updates!
Feather Headed Feline chapter 26 . 10/23/2011