Reviews for The Traitor's Child
D. M. Robb chapter 17 . 7/22/2011
I will miss Phoebus but I understand. The film did mention that he had been off fighting for a long time.

This was a beautifully written chapter and, again, you've captured this younger version of Phoebus's character perfectly. I also love the details you used in your descriptions, both visual and sensory.

As always, I look forward to your updates!
D. M. Robb chapter 16 . 7/13/2011
I'm glad to see you're back with the updates! I enjoyed this chapter; I'd been wondering what was going on with Phoebus during this time. You've captured his character perfectly, using his wits and humor to interact with the enemy. The last paragraph also seemed to foreshadow an event in the film.

Keep up the excellent work!
SilveryGray chapter 15 . 6/27/2011
Thanks for that lovely and (once again) deep chapter ;)

Frollo-tastic stuff like this confirm me, that I'm joining the right and most magnificent fandom !
D. M. Robb chapter 15 . 6/26/2011
You've continued to beautifully capture the conflicting complexities of Frollo's character in this chapter. I could hear his "voice" perfectly in my mind. I love how he spent an hour reading those tales of debauchery! Of course, I felt like punching him for his treatment of Margaret for having them in her possession.

I'm also glad we were introduced to the baby Quasimodo. I'd been wondering when he'd make an appearance.

As always, I look forward to your updates!
KingofJesters chapter 15 . 6/26/2011
Well Frollo sure is evil isn't he? Poor Margaret! An excellent chapter, as usual, and I can't wait to see when Margaret finally grows a backbone and leaves...if she ever does. I hope so!

Anyways, update soon por favor! :)
D. M. Robb chapter 14 . 6/12/2011
Your depiction of Frollo is spot-on, as usual. I enjoyed the flashback to that wild celebration with the gypsies and how he was initially aroused by the attentions of that woman, followed by mortification. I loved how you described his arsonist tendencies, which also works as excellent foreshadowing for the events that happen in the film. It was interesting to find out about his younger brother Jehan. I’m glad to see that Margaret is suspicious of Frollo and reluctant to give any clues that could lead him the gypsies’ hideout. Good for her!

This is moving along beautifully! I’m looking forward to your updates!
D. M. Robb chapter 13 . 6/1/2011
This chapter was beautifully written, like your previous ones. You continue to depict the canon characters perfectly and your original ones seamlessly fit this fandom. I love how Margaret fiddles with her hair. It is a subtle gesture that adds to the vulnerablity of her character. I also enjoyed the "Through the Looking Glass" excerpt at the beginning. It was so fitting!

Lady Agnes's cough has left me with an ominous feeling.
KingofJesters chapter 13 . 5/31/2011
Thank you so much for the quote at the beginning, I love Alice in Wonderland! :D I liked this chapter too, always fun to delve into Frollo's character a bit ;) Can't wait for more!
D. M. Robb chapter 12 . 5/21/2011
Another amazing chapter! I loved the exchange between the Archdeacon and Frollo. You perfectly captured their personalities. It also seems fitting that the Archdeacon would regret his decision to have Frollo raise Quasi.

The rest of the chapter was excellent as well. Your depictions of Margaret's relief at being released into Lady Agnes's care and Clopin's anger at Frollo's betrayal were exquisitely described. I'm looking forward to more!
KingofJesters chapter 12 . 5/21/2011
An excellent chapter, as usual. Now we're finally catching up with the movie, somewhat. :) I'm quite interested to see what Margaret will do when she finds out about Frollo and Quasi! Keep up the good work, and update soon! :D
D. M. Robb chapter 11 . 5/4/2011
I love your depictions of Clopin and young Esmeralda! Your characterizations of them are spot-on.

I have an omnious feeling about that meeting with Frollo. That can't go well!

Keep up the excellent work! I look forward to your updates!
KingofJesters chapter 11 . 5/4/2011
Dun dun DUNNNNN! Epic foreshadowing...poor Margaret, she's so clueless about everything. It's a good thing Esme's there to show her otherwise. Awesome chapter btw. :)
The Imaginative Light chapter 11 . 5/4/2011
I never knew much about the Tarot cards. I recall seeing a deck at a auction once. It was cool getting a swift lesson! :D Update soon!
The Imaginative Light chapter 10 . 5/2/2011
This is reaaaaaaalllly addictive! I gotta read some more! I love to see Pheobus so firy...wait, that reminds me Esmeralda! Whoa...now I see why they fell for each other in first place x)
D. M. Robb chapter 10 . 4/22/2011
I'm glad that we get to see what has been happening to Bertaut and Phoebus. Your depiction of young Phoebus is wonderful, how he puts on a strong facade for his captain despite his underlying fear. The interaction between these two characters was heartwarming.

Good luck with your finals!
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »