Reviews for One Mistake Too Many
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
Interesting idea, I’ll give you that.
Not only is this one of the best-written ‘Wicked’ fanfics I’ve encountered, but the concept is fascinating, beginning with an impulsive desire to help that only made things worse- the Tin Woodman might have been a shock, but at least the transformation was relatively smooth-, and going on to explore the differences in Boq’s response to the transformation; where he actively blamed the Witches for it in canon, here his desperation allows him to focus on the fact that nobody actually WANTED him to turn out this way, making him ironically more rational as a twisted monster than he was when he was the Tin Woodman.
Subsequent developments as Dorothy and her companions meet Elphaba directly are also handled well; I wish you’d clarified if Fiyero/Scarecrow had been fully aware of his identity from the beginning or if he suffered from amnesia after his transformation, but Elphaba’s chat with the Lion about his cowardice was pretty effective, to say nothing of Dorothy’s meeting with the Tin Man to explain why they were pursuing her.
I was a bit ambivalent about the twist regarding Morrible’s appointed bodyguard- I like alternate realities as a concept, and it was fascinating to see how far Nicholas Chopper had fallen, but on the other hand it felt like it was stretching credulity that Morrible had managed to find a reality containing the one person who would have the most dramatic impact on the person who’s suffered most on a personal level at this time- but the final confrontation was dramatic enough to make up for that, leading as it did into a highly satisfying conclusion as Elphaba gets what she wants, Morrible’s faced with her sins, and the Wizard gets a chance to make up for his years as a patsy (It’s slightly let down by the fact that Dorothy didn’t get more screen time when she’s staying in Oz for the foreseeable future, but it’s still interesting).
All in all, an intriguing and well-written storyline that used most of the characters to great effect; keep up the good work!
Tdfgh1 chapter 9 . 4/27/2011
just have to say I love this story! What's going on with Morrible is getting especially interesting.
Town chapter 9 . 4/22/2011
I have to say this was the best Wicked fanfiction I've read in quite a while. Good job :)
nutty chapter 9 . 4/21/2011
*bawls* thank you for this. i love that the conclusion is so warm. continue to write!
SunRise19 chapter 9 . 4/20/2011
Well well, all good things must come to an end..and this is one of them.

This was a wonderful story, so unique and original..I really truly enjoyed the great read. The way you worded details was awesome..so brilliant! I could picture everything as it happened in the story.

I really liked what you had done with Morrible..very very interesting! Very unique way of justice;Awesome work!

You're so creative..This was really a wonderfully crafted piece and I'm sorry that it has ended.

Like I wrote above however, all awesome, good, great, brilliant things must end.

Well done!

P.S. I loved the way you wrote the characters..so believeable..so well..you wrote them amazingly! Brilliant!
SunRise19 chapter 8 . 4/5/2011
he was in the grip of a fury that Elphaba would have been proud of.

I love that line! This story is brilliant..I love how at first I was wondering just what the hell was going on..only for all of it to come together perfectly..brilliantly..Awesome job! I so loved this chapter...I can't believe the story is nearly complete.

If I may be so bold in asking..but maybe a kind of love scene with Boq and Nessa? I do wonder how Nessa is going to feel waking up..how heeled she will be..This story is so awesome! The way you word things and your attention to details..it's awesome!

P.S. I do wonder what happened to Dorothy through all this..it seems like she was smart enough to stay out of the way. I can't wait to read the next chapter..though a bit sad that the story will be over after that..ah well, all great epic things must come to an end. Wonderful, brilliant, perfect fantastic job here!
nutty chapter 8 . 4/4/2011
loved it, loved boq (and i usually ignore him). love elphie, and she's so badass here. sad it's ending, but hopefully, something new will begin?
SunRise19 chapter 7 . 3/29/2011
Oh wow, this chapter was so awesome! I was wondering if the Wizzard would be able to tell elphie about him and her mother..awesome work here, I loved this chapter!

Hmm, 2 Boqs? well..sortive..from how I understood it there's the, "original Boq," the one who's turning in to tin process went wrong and then the some kinda other Boq who's tin is perfect.

This story has me on the edge of my seat..Great work I can't wait to read more!
SunRise19 chapter 6 . 3/20/2011
Ah, this has taken an unexpected twist!

I love it! :)

Very very interesting job here! i wonder what is up with Morible's new sidekick? That was out of the blue..but I'm really curious to see what will happen next. Awesome job!
WickedProf chapter 6 . 3/20/2011
Ugh, can someone smash Morrible's head in with a trophy already?

And what do you mean, you haven't given up on the other story just YET? O.o
SunRise19 chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
OMG, I mean OMG! I'm so speechless right now..I mean seriously! A happy turn of events almost never happens in a fic like this! I so love this, AWESOME! This is so brilliant! I love Bessa..but to see Dorothy and Elphaba getting along? I mean really? That was such a shock! :) I can't wait to read more of this! You're a brilliant writer!
miss fit chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
OH MY GOD I AM HOOKED

I absolutely love the way you characterized them- Truly parallel to the play.
WickedProf chapter 5 . 3/6/2011
At first I was sad you stopped working on the other story.

Then I read this one.
SunRise19 chapter 4 . 2/26/2011
This chapter is so awesome! It is so amazing how quickly you update..I so envy you at that..Great, awesome, brilliant work here! People can be so empty headed sometimes..if not all the time..but I am so curious to see what will happen next! Wonder what would happen if someone asked Dorothy in a nice way to give the slippers up so that it can save a life? Lol just a thought..:) But I seriously love LOVE this story! So original!
SunRise19 chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
Oh wow! I wasn't expecting that at all! That's amazing..awesome job here! :) I'm so loving this story...I think it is so different and unique..Very cool! I can't wait to see what will happen next! I can't stand that farm brat..