Reviews for The Sweet Smell of Success
JanEyrEvanescence12 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
This is a really good story. It's nice to see a bit of Britt's background as a child. I wish they would've explored that more on the show. And the villian behaves and thinks the same way that one would expect of a poisoner.

This might sound a little nitpicky but the characteristics of arsenic are different than what you've presented. It's odorless and tasteless, not a sweet almond smell. Also the symptoms are really off. If you're posioned with arsenic, you will be in pain. It's like having the worst stomachache of your life. Brick would be sicker far longer if he had been poisoned over a long period of time. Even if it was one massive dose, he would have been really sick (vomiting, nausea, sweating, shakin, not drop dead.

Cyanide kills in a matter of minutes. And it smells like bitter almonds. Not to be mean or anything, it's something I noticed. But other than that, I really like this story.
TnJAGAz chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Well done! I felt like I was actally reading a story from the show. :)
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
It’s always great finding new stories based on the 1960’s TV series. There just aren’t enough of them. This was very nicely done: there’s a good plot; a shrewd (and almost sympathetic) villain; and some awesome camaraderie between the Hornet and Kato. The wry banter between them would easily be my favorite part.

In other words, this felt very much like an episode of the show. :-)

When it comes to the Hornet, I imagine crafting a story where he appears to be the bad guy must be one of the greatest challenges. You did a good job giving him motivations to become involved with Brick’s mysterious death, while keeping him a villain in the eyes of Lana and the law.

I also enjoyed the references to “Bad Bet on a 459 – Silent,” which is one of my favorite episodes despite a few plot holes. :-) I do want to offer a bit of constructive criticism…watch out for the long sentences. You make use of commas and semi-colons, so they aren’t quite run-ons, but many of the sentences could be shortened to make your writing snappier and deliver more ‘punch.’

I hope you have plans for future Green Hornet fics.
jhsadsaol.com chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Great Story! When are you going to write another?
Frog1 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Very good, do you have another Green Hornet story in the works?