Reviews for Right Nor Wrong
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
"Nowt, Headmistress," he said. "Nowt at all."

-Good for Argus!

Excellent story (and loved the descriptions of Snape with McGonagall. Even a lad like Argus who doesn't care for ladies, he enjoys the show nevertheless).
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 10/24/2012
She provided her magic for him same as for any other - - gave him rooms that contained whatever he required, whether he knew he required it or not.

-Oh, yes, the castle gave him several kinds of rooms, didn't it?

Fans self vigorously, sticks head in fridge...

(poor Argus probably had go to his room and lie down after fixing Snape's leg in canon...)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I love the name of Filch's cat in the past; I wonder if the cat was pale, like a Dementor?

But this is a really neat look at what Argus Filch thinks and feels, and how there are only a few people in world that treat him like a human being. I bet he'd have a lot to say to the Weasleys' Squib cousin, the one that's an accountant.

And I like how you show that he's flattered by Umbridge, but doesn't entirely trust her-and especially his anger against the talented students who pay no attention to rules and never have to obey any, especially if they're Gryffindors.
The bird and The bee chapter 3 . 12/22/2011
Even though that Filch Young Snape scene was so squicky I almost metaphorically hurled, I really really REALLY liked the way you wrote this in filch's voice. Pretty spectacular, that.
The Phantomess of the Opera chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
it was really nicely done. so sweet they are together. and im glad filch didnt tell umbridge, even if it was so sad he didnt get any thanks or recognition from anyone for keeping quiet. quite the type of fanfict i love
The Phantomess of the Opera chapter 2 . 7/20/2011
wish i had a magic dungeon window that could show me snape jerkin off in his bedroom. sigh
The Phantomess of the Opera chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
i really like how you did the style of writing. it's quite clever and you keep to it quite well. and im loving the description of snape at the end hahaha
hhhmmm chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Filch and Snape? I'd would love to see how that would turn out in real life. Very good chapter and excellent plot. The usual things tend to bore me after a while but this a new exciting idea.
Karu-DarkAngel chapter 3 . 4/1/2011
That's the first time I have ever read a story from Filch's point of view and I am quite sure that most other authors couldn't have pulled off this stunt as well as you have. I found your story to be really believable and reading it was great fun, so thanks so for this very entertaining piece of fiction.
the real snape chapter 3 . 3/29/2011
Late to the party, but it's been such a pleasure to re-read this story.

Argus's voice is so beautifully done, he's every bit the old curmudgeon we know, and yet he has something very lovable.

/this were more like the Muggle cinema or summat, and he settled back to watch./ Such a great and IC explanation.

/ The Prophet has learnt that Lockhart has signed a contract with Hippogriff Press to write Hobnobbing at Hogwarts,/ If only. I'd pay good money for that.

/"Fashion tips. Also, I suspect that Gilderoy gets him discounts on star-spangled designer robes."/ It would explain quite a bit, wouldn't it?

I'll return to this story often - this Argus is one I'll want around for a bit.
Lillibet426 chapter 3 . 3/12/2011
I've just read this in one go and loved it so much I read it again. It was so wonderful! I'm not normally a big fan of Filch but you wrote him so perfectly that I couldn't help but want to know more about him. You've given us such depth into his life and thinking and I would love to see what else you could do with him.

Excellent writing and thanks for sharing! Total pleasure to read.

- Lillibet x
BellatriaMusica chapter 3 . 3/8/2011
I admittedly have a rather large soft spot for fics focusing on the minor characters, but especially ones as well-written as this. The voice you've given Argus is so believably human, and still so in character, that I can't help but sympathise despite him being naturally unlikeable. The MM/SS is an added bonus. ;)

Beautifully done-thank you for sharing!
Swallow B chapter 3 . 3/7/2011
I seem to have a problem with my log in (or is it with my brain?). I hope it works this time (both of them). Anyway, that last review was mine. Great, great story as usual, Kelly.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/7/2011
Beautiful last chapter, Kelly. I hadn't expected to laugh and I did. ("She didn't mean no romantic attachment to his hand", "The flaming old coot fancies a spot of gadding with Gilderoy", and the star-spangled robes.) And then, before I knew it, I was nearly in tears. I found the scene in which Minerva suggests they should interrupt their relationship far more moving that the HBP separation between Harry and Ginny.

(Just a detail about British English: I doubt Minerva would say "What I need for you is to _quit_ acting as if, etc". I think she would rather say "stop acting as if...")

I have conflicted feelings about the Castle opening the door for Argus when he needs it. Storywise, characterisation of the castle-wise, it's very good. I like that the Castle cares about her Squib caretaker. But I really wouldn't like to be on the other side of the door.

Anyway, another excellent story.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 3 . 3/6/2011
First thing Sunday morning I saw this chapter update in my in-box, so I had to go read it... before breakfast.

The very best thing was Argus rearranging his notions of who Severus was, who (and what) Minerva was, and sorting through the request from Umbridge, which brought the story back to present tense. (Which cat he was petting, actually, worked very nicely by way of historical marker.)

Marvelous story, all in all. Thank you.