Reviews for After the Order
impoeia chapter 6 . 9/29/2013
This was a delight to read, especially because of the twist in the emotional landscaping. It started out nice and light and I had to laugh at the image of Tip-Tap dancing on, oblivious of the women trying to get his attention. Seeing Luke through the eyes of another, especially a clone who has gone through as much as Vertigo, was very interesting. Hi abrupt turnabout on his views on Skywalker were surprising, but you managed to get the reader into Vertigo's head so well, that it was understandable. His jaded view on Skywalker, his worry over the son becoming like the father, was very taking. I enjoyed this chapter very much and I hope that someday, Vertigo receives the assurance that Darth Vader is truly gone from this world. He and the others deserve some peace.
impoeia chapter 5 . 9/28/2013
This chapter sent a chill down my spine. Zips despair was so palpable, his agony over his situation and that of Chips so intense, that I could feel depression creeping up on me as I read. I'm breathless from the emotions contained here, from the horrors hinted at and I applaud you for once more tackling such a difficult subject so admirably. Extremely well done.
impoeia chapter 4 . 9/27/2013
This was flufftastic. Nice job in capturing Rex's skittishness about the sound of explosions - there are some things a soldier never forgets - and setting it off with his concern and love for Ahsoka. This was a very light, wonderful bit of fluffiness and I enjoyed reading it very much. Particularly the part where Rex realized they were free of their burdens.
impoeia chapter 2 . 9/24/2013
This was a very powerful chapter. You integrated the concept of torture well, without going into too graphic detail. It was tastefully done, without toning down any of the violence and psychological damage involved. I particularly like how you made it clear that torture affects not just those on the receiving end, but that it creates a ripple effect and the pain spreads outward to touch many.

This chapters captured the darkness of a totalitarian regime and what happens when law becomes a matter of brutality. You integrated reality without losing that touch to the Star Wars universe and your characters remain engaging, heart-felt and relatable.

Very, very well done.
impoeia chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
This was a really fun look into a night out with the clones. I like Tip-Tap and Vertigo. They made me laugh and you did a very good job of highlighting the difficulties clones might have in navigating a civilian situation, without hammering the point overly into our brains. Nice balance.

Tip-Tap seems like quite a sensitive person and I admire Vertigo's loyalty. I have to admit, just this first chapter has made me very curious about them and their life in the GAR and how they came to join the Rebels.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Very cute.
AL0LT0 chapter 6 . 9/20/2011
AWESOMENESS! amazing chapter as always :D
laloga chapter 6 . 9/16/2011
Welcome back! :D

This chapter held an interesting mixture of humor and drama, and I loved all of it! Loved seeing Tip-Tap in action again, and LOVED the mental image of Han and Chewie "waltzing!"

I really enjoyed Vertigo's comparision of Luke to Anakin, and their conversation about the Clone Wars. I thought you captured Luke really well here, especially now that we know more about his father: Luke has an air of innocence to him, while at the same time he's not immune to bravado or "delusions of grandeur."

General Swiftwater! I remember her...sigh. I think about "Hevoi" upon occasion, and hope you have plans to continue.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Best of luck with school!
sachariah chapter 6 . 9/16/2011
Wow.

First, I should say that I'm glad to see you around FFN - it's been far too long!

Second, when I made my little suggestion, I was thinking of a short humor piece, without much sobering content. You've certainly exceeded my expectations, here.

Loved seeing Tip-Tap through Vertigo's eyes, having gotten a good glimpse of him in the original piece. But Vertigo was a great character in his own right. I'm glad he came to Luke's rescue... oh my, that must have been *awkward* for young Skywalker (great portrayal of him, by the way!).

I really liked seeing a Clone Wars character relate those events to Luke; it helps so much to 'merge' the two eras. And I really loved seeing a clone compare and contrast Luke and Anakin; the similarities and differences are vivid.

It seems to me that this piece references a lot of the 49th's backstory that I am not privy to, so I'm not completely clear on everything Vertigo refers to here (and I'm insanely curious as to Swiftwater's fate!) but I could follow most of it. I'm particularly interested as to why the Vader-factor is so upsetting to him; I suspect he saw some very unpleasant things regarding the man-in-black.

All in all, a very enjoyable piece. And I *loved* the scene with Han and Chewie; both the banter (always fun since I can imagine Chewie's expressive roaring) and dance scene. Excellent comic relief in what is otherwise a very poignant piece.

Hope to see you around!
CC-RandomDragon chapter 5 . 6/19/2011
Hey shakeyspeardicdid! Did I spell that right?

Any way, I luved that story, plz make more.
laloga chapter 5 . 6/18/2011
Wow...great portrayal of the aftermath of the Empire's formation for "regular" clones. (Loved the "flimsi-pushing" reference as well!) Sad, so sad, but I'm glad that they were able to offer some help in the end! :)
sachariah chapter 5 . 6/17/2011
Whew, between this chapter, Queen's last update, and my own story, I've been getting way too much angst lately. I *need* to find something fluffy...

But, while this chapter was dense and rather gloomy, it ended on a happyish note.

Hmm... you appear to be suggesting that Cut's squad was decimated /on/ Saleucami? Interesting concept. It does make it easier to explain how he ended up on that planet. But when Cut (I'm assuming this is "the" Cut, namely, Lawquane) tells Rex his story, he refers to the event as being "shortly after the Battle of Geonosis." Which has to be the first battle, since the second was far too recent for Cut to have deserted and started a family life. Anyway, the reference to that battle implies (to me) that Cut deserted while on Geonosis, perhaps hiding out till the GAR had largely left and sneaking a ride off on some civvie or smuggler's ship.

But Saleucami was the site of several battles, so this is not implausible. It just seems odd for Cut to reference a different planet as the context for his desertion.

Poor fellows. Great job at expressing the frustration for the 'old' clones after the order.

Heh. Not sure it matters too much is Zach survives 'Hevoi', since it appears he doesn't survive here either. Poor guy - I was starting to like him, too.

Glad Zips and Chip found out their work was paying off (though, as CW-era clones, wouldn't they be a bit old for service by now?). A pleasing, if still grim, ending.
laloga chapter 4 . 5/31/2011
Oh my god! This was just lovely!

Rex's reaction to the fireworks was perfect! Of course, he has NO clue about the "nice" aspect of some explosions! Loved Ahsoka's gentle treatment of him as well.

And the Empire's gone as well! Yay! :D
AL0LT0 chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
fluffalisheous! i was actually thinking about doing something for fireworks in '101 things'. hehe great work!
Queen chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
That was way too adorable! And you've got some very interesting hints of things going on here too - "...not the soft whispers of his own children...if those infants were his own." Hmm, now exactly what has Rex been up to all these years?

I love how innocent Rex is, of something as ordinary as fireworks. Of course he'd interpret it as ordinance. And Fives and Echo are behind it! That's too perfect. And that ending! LOL, I always imagine Rex and Ahsoka being rather...ah, tactile...with each other. XD

Oh seriously, now I want to write something with fireworks. Great job!