Reviews for Hunted by Nightmare
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Hmmm...this one seems to go directly on the heels of the previous two. Kara, Gwyn, and Adan seem to have hit it off rather well (and given the drama of Greck's attack on them, certainly it's not surprising...though I do wonder about exactly how old they are here; I've never been a big fan of the precocious-romance trope (the one where the girl...it's always a girl...picks out her future husband, generally at their first meeting, and a dozen or so years later he catches up to the inevitability of it all. David Eddings likes this one a lot, and I...don't. So I'm not much for Kara here-but at least Adan's done something genuinely heroic and dramatic and exciting to catch her attention in that way, doing an honest-to-goodness "prince to the rescue" routine, to earn the attention!).

What's good here is the dream imagery, showing that Gwyn's power of prophetic dreaming doesn't come "out of the blue," as it were (which among other things properly foreshadows her being *believed* when it comes up during the Gen. 3 prologue!) The "dream man" appears, if I have to pick someone, to be Rulakir (I know from your later stories in the sequence that it is in fact Rulakir, but when I first read this one I only saw it as a probability), which opens up a whole new set of possibilities regarding his future characterization, and suggests a fair amount of conflict and depth to that.

So all in all, this story seems more like a "prologue" type of thing, where you set up the pieces to foreshadow a number of elements for later use: Gwyn's dreaming, Kara and Adan's romance, Rulakir's complexity, even some hints of Gwyn and Kara's rivalry over Adan (in the "your romance comes between our bond as twins" way). Which is good, since your stories do function more like a braided novel than they do a set of short stories, and setting the scene is important.
BenoitRen chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
I don't like Gwyn's dreams. Poor girl. Not much I can say about that part. :)

I like what you did with the garden, with Kara/Luna and her slicer flying to the moon. A good way to subtly hint at their trip.

Finally, the exchange between the two girls was cute. _
Vicious Pink chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Gwyn has some intense dreams, huh? To go from being hunted by a beast to watching the despair of the dream man to finding comfort in the garden, I certainly wouldn't want to go through that on a regular basis. Very well-written, though. It paints a mural of an epic journey in my mind; it was really fun to read.

The bonding between the women was really sweet. At first I thought it might be a little too close, but thankfully I didn't review right away. I've had time to think about it, and given the situation these two characters are in, I don't find it too close at all. I'd imagine they'd grow very close, so this is entirely believable. I also feel like this resolves most of the issues the two women had earlier in regards to Kara's and Adan's budding relationship and how Gwyn was perhaps feeling left out.