Reviews for Twenty Four Victors, Twenty Four Tributes
IVolunteer chapter 1 . 9/9
Ugh, I'm so mad honestly. I thought this chapter would develop Darcy into a less hyper-competent character, but it didn't. Your writing is great, and I think it's really brilliant how a tribute was able to survive even though they didn't pass their Fatal Flaw Trial. It's like the inverse of Hollie, who passed her Fatal Flaw Trial but died anyways.

I'm just so annoyed at how hyper-competent Darcy is. I get really frustrated when characters are hyper-competent, whether it's when they never face the consequences of their flaws or they always make the right choices or they're otherwise not believable. In Darcy's case, she failed her Fatal Flaw Trial and should've died, which would've shown that she isn't invincible, but she somehow managed to live anyways through her sheer competence and force of will. I'm not saying that Darcy is a Mary Sue because she does have flaws and does go through struggles. She's not a Mary Sue; she's just frustrating to read. It's frustrating to see her never facing any real consequences of her flaws and struggles.

(Side note: One can make a case for the other two finalists being hyper-competent as well, but I feel that with Arwyn and James their more likable personalities and lack of kills make up for potential hyper-competence.)

Annoyingly enough, Darcy is definitely the shoo-in for Victor, because there's no way Arwyn and/or James can beat her in a fair fight. I'm sadly expecting Arwyn to fail her Fatal Flaw trial and die, because it's clear that she's affected heavily by many things. Besides, then we'd have the full set - Hollie's combo was Pass/Die, James's combo was Pass/Live, Darcy's combo was Fail/Live, and Arwyn's combo would likely be Fail/Die (the first variable is Pass/Fail, and the second variable is Live/Die). So Darcy and James would be the final two, and Darcy would easily win against James.

But maybe you can surprise us. Maybe Arwyn can survive her Fatal Flaw trial, breaking the full set. XD It kind of goes against my liking of full sets and patterns, but I'd be overjoyed if Arwyn lived. If that's the case, maybe Arwyn and James don't have to fight fairly against Darcy. Maybe James and Arwyn can team up and take out Darcy. Even if Arwyn dies, maybe there can be a way for James to beat Darcy.

Darcy should not have killed Lirrius.

Still a great chapter though. Formal review will come later, when I've calmed down a little. Keep up the awesome work.
what-is-a-social-life chapter 1 . 6/23
I love this! Thanks for writing it!
Nika12 chapter 1 . 4/27
This is such an amazing and beautifully written fanfic.
I love it, I think I 've read it like, 5 times.
5 times. Amazing every time.
Mandriel chapter 1 . 1/14/2017
This was recommended to me and honestly, I'm not disappointed.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/23/2016
Reading this always makes me cry.
Elguardiuz chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
HOLY CRAP SO GOOD
xxlittlea chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
OH MY GOD THIS IS BRILLIANT
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
I wish each tribute and their backstory (atleast an actual official name for each one) had been expanded more in the stories. Fantastic job!
Paul chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
I liked this, especially katniss, quila, johanna, louis, woof, icelus, wiress and Antonia.
SlytherinPercy chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Dude I don't even know what to say this fic is so darn amazing I'm speechless
fanficfantasies chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
Why isn't Finnick in this list? Wonderful story. Makes me breathless every time I read it.
cindylili chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
I love the District Nine uprisings, and how the muttations were made in District Five make me a little sick
window girl chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
These are all excellent esp. Beetie's. It captures what I like about THG (friends hip, camaraderie, love) and foreshadows Catching Fire excellently.
Percy-Jackson-is-the-best-ever chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
This was a cute little fic. I loved hearing the backstories- very original! Loved it :)
michelleannehallsworth chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
I can't even explain to you how much I adore this. I can only assure you that I do.