Reviews for Steam
Guest chapter 9 . 7/18/2012
Oh, it's getting interesting!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/4/2012
I-wow... please update this, it is wonderful!
Mei Chan is Random chapter 9 . 5/4/2012
Wow, what a plot twist, that is totally unexpected.
Tarmachan chapter 9 . 8/19/2011
Thickening plot is thickening! Nice to have a Kuro POV this time, especially when you have him face off against Touya. They have such a funny rivalry thing going on; I can almost feel the lightning when they look at each other! And that was quite a cute Yukito/Touya moment, too.

So just to get this straight, because I had to re-read it several times (I got back from holiday early this morning, and my tired brain refuses to compute): they published a story about Kuro being dead just after he left for Takeyama? Then they attacked him three years later? Is that right? Sorry for being a bit slow lol!

Definitely want to see where this goes next, and if we get an upset!Fai and Kuro confrontation. Or just any kind of UST. Nevertheless, looking forward to more!
lemon-and-chai chapter 9 . 8/9/2011
TouyaYuki -hearts- ahahaha Touya is such a cutie. Mmm I could totally see Yuuko and Kuro being related. So the conspiracy thickens...
Bottan chapter 9 . 8/6/2011
THIS. Is amazing. *showers you with love*

I MIGHT HAVE TOLD YOU ALMOST A BIT TOO OFTEN, BY NOW, but WOW and WOW again for that dialogue between Youou and Yuuko. I can't help wondering about what is going on, here, and what makes the Suwa family line important enough for Reed to try to erase it, and for Yuuko to keep clippings of Youou's death - because it MUST be something about Kurogane's legacy, right? *scrounging up insane ideas containing Youou's superhuman strength and inbreeding in the Ichihara/Reed/Suwa families* ... *hits self across head and settles in to wait patiently for more*

As always, the setting is absolutely beautiful, as is your writing, and your humor and grip of the characters! (Especially Yuuko!)

So much love for the plot development in this one! :D I can't wait to find out where this is heading! You're completely awesome!

*tackleglomps you to the ground*
TrueDespair chapter 9 . 7/31/2011
Touya is such a JERK. I mean really. But in fairness, Kurogane shouldn't be lurking where he knows he shouldn't. XD And yeah, Dog tags; I had a feeling on that. Yuuko would know his real name with that piece of evidence. XD

But now just...poor Kurogane. Getting ambushed at the very thing he was serving. Guess it just means that there's more mysteries that had yet to be solved.

Awesome chapter!

-TrueDespair
Leia de Flourite chapter 8 . 6/30/2011
All the while your narration managed to keep me in a state of uneasiness but I never, never would have dreamed of this! Fai’s designs? So he had designed something similar to… no wonder the poor guy is shaken. He would need a very sweet hug from Kuro-sama to recover I guess (even if he doesn’t like Kurogane very much now XD but I’d be pissed too if someone told me a chapter ago that I’m not halt the person I used to be) unfortunately Kuro-sama is still too much of an indifferent ass.

I would have felt much better with Kurogane araund when that angry villager yelled at Fai. I thought that guy would punch Fai any second. Waaah!

The… atmosphere in the story reminds me a little bit of the gorgeous SciFi-show called “Firefly”, I mean of coure it’s a little less western but the situation is similar… a world that was consummed by war where honour slowly looses its meaning and people have to live on trading and piracy to survive.

And… you really do love Legal Drug, don’t you?
Leia de Flourite chapter 7 . 6/30/2011
Hm. Okay, hope shattered for a reunion in between those ten years that have passed. And though I can really see what the purpose of the chapter was – letting the readers get more familiar with the place, the people and their connections and oh not to forget giving seeds for speculations – I am not quite sure what to make of this chapter. So-o-orry!

All I can say is that I loved the idea of Fai with a nightcap and ridiculous slippers and I loved the end and the fact that Kurogane is frustrated that Fai’s not the guy he used to be anymore. (Maybe he is, Kuro-tan! Maybe you can’t see through the mask just yet! *hopes*)

“You seemed like so much more, all those years ago.” This really gave me goosebumps. Oh god, this sentence (to me at least) sounds like hidden devotion, this sentence usually means something like “I used to look up to you” which sounds unusual for Kurogane. *scratches her head in irritation*

Totally reminded me of the Hetalia-scene between America and the UK when America says “You used to be so big.” Fai had been the older one after all, the one who called Kurogane’s attitude ‘heartwearming idealism’ and now it seems like the tables are turned and Fai’s the child and Kurogane the grown-up. (Personalitywise of course.) Wow. Just wow.
Leia de Flourite chapter 6 . 6/30/2011
Hm, if I do leave a review here this means that I’ve read this smutty, smutty chapter but I’m a nice girl and I would *never* ever read smut. (XD) Hooray for fanservice indeed.

I enjoyed it far too much to say something about it, except for the end… well, this was a bit unexpected. But hopefully, hopefully this means that they’ll see each other again in the military. (I have some more things to say to that but I might do that in a Private Message)
Leia de Flourite chapter 5 . 6/30/2011
God, the Mokonas are so amazing. A distiller really is handy though I wonder, I wonder… okay, I didn’t understand a thing about the technical stuff first but from what I know alcohol has a lower boiling point than water so if you heat it the vapour has a higher percentage of alcohol which is why the destillate is more concentrated. Still, aren’t there two major problems? What about the higher concentration of methanol? And then when a certain ratio of water: alcohol is reached the resulting vapour will have the same ratio, thus no more refining (I forgot the name of this phenomenon… an aceotrope mixture?). Now, if I assume that the rest that boils off into the water tank still contains alcohol… won’t cause that side effects? And I really don’t want to be the one who cleans the inside of the black Mokona when all those additives burnt into black slack. Erm, well, they might hurry up with improving that thing. XD

Haha, I know I’m mean but finally there’s something that I know, too. Sometimes reading your stories makes me feel quite stupid.

“Have your boots gotten taller again?” – Haha, I had to laugh so much. Fai really is a sexy beast.
Leia de Flourite chapter 4 . 6/27/2011
I’m running out of words to describe this fic since I want to write more than the occassional “liked the chapter, keep up with the good work” (Yeah, as if anyone had to tell you that!)

I did have trouble imagining the music, didn’t get everything ‘cuz I lacked vocab and, well, I don’t play any instrument that would help me deal with musical terms but what I could imagine was Fai’s face and god, it’s so cute (and wicked, too) how he manages to stalk his way into Youou’s appartment.
Leia de Flourite chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
NOW I am really envious of Yuuko. The idea of a naked Kurogane strapped to a bed, just how can Fai be able to keep away from him? (Apparently he doesn’t know about it).

Yuuko was… amazing. The part with the magnifying goggles reminded me of a moment at NCIS (4th season?) so I could imagine this very well. And I knew that a mechanical Mokona would run on alcohol which is… not so smart considering that real alcohol is hard to get.

I have only one thing to criticize and that’s the fact that Fai’s missing. But otherwise I’m happy.
Leia de Flourite chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
Just how can you think the chapter was boring? I admit that I’m not much into politics or economy and stuff like that but the idea of their first meeting being in a bar, just two men with different ideas of the war their country is or was in… I thought it was rather interesting (and I liked how you mentioned the air pollutionuing with the colour of the snow) and Fai is amazing. Treating Kurogane like a kid (I like fics where Fai is older than Kurogane) and being such a smart-ass. Since Fai seems to have a little bit more experience than Kurogane he has every right to be a smart-ass and I squeed when he gave Kuro-chan this kiss on his cheek.

And the winking bartender was a very nice side remark. XD
Leia de Flourite chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I like it when you’re a horrible person (XD) it’s really refreshing to read a story where Kurogane is so helpless. Also, it’s fantastic how you throw your readers right into the scene without much explanations and with your descriptions, let imagination do the rest. Also, the pace of the chapter is nice – changing from Fai’s to Kurogane’s view is a very clever trick not to waste time on a description of the medical treatment he recieves. So it seems more like the scenes of a movie or a TV-show than scenes of a book.