Reviews for A Summer in York
Phantom Night Owl chapter 20 . 10/29/2017
This was very different, and at first I was thrown by their almost indifference to one another. But as I read on and got closer to the ending, I did a *face palm*. They are crazy in love with each other, and possibly afraid to have the words hit the open air and ruin everything. Which is far far more than what they got with others.

Nope. Neither one of them is going anywhere.

I truly loved the inclusion of Richard III. Were you like me, blown away when his remains were found beneath the car park in Leicester? Don’t know if you’ve read it, but Josephine Tey’s, The Daughter of Time is a great read.

Thanks for this.
Guest chapter 20 . 4/14/2016
This is simply wonderful! Thank you so much for writing this different Severus and this older Hermione!
mama123 chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
An enjoyable read. Thanks.
Guest chapter 20 . 4/22/2015
Not sure how I feel about this story. It's well written and original and it kept my interest enough to finish it so there's that. Hmmm. Well I thank you very much for sharing your story and I learnt a lot about Richard III I never knew!
Writtenaspr chapter 20 . 1/21/2015
True, true and passable writing, favourited. Like my fragrant red Amarone, served to guests.
This was true storytelling, food, poems, history, tears, tenderness , swearing and quiet, happy love.
Thank you. I'm off to read more .
You did very, very, very well.
Guest chapter 20 . 4/7/2014
A complex and unique story I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you very much!
Roz1013 chapter 20 . 8/30/2013
This was really really good. I loved it!
Aisha04 chapter 20 . 4/29/2013
I enjoyed it
muneca chapter 18 . 2/5/2013
With all the talk of Richard III i just had to reread this fic so love it, despite mt fustration with Hermione not realizing that she loves Severus, LOL. Thank you for a beautiful fic.
javthrowr chapter 20 . 9/2/2012
Very interesting story. The yiddish was a pleasant surprise :-)
susannajulia chapter 15 . 9/28/2011
I love the image this story paints in my mind, the feeling of warmth and security despite all the weight and wounds we carry with us. I like the way it is realistic and still romantic. I first didn't like Snape without magic, but you have written him as so strong a person that losing his magic didn't really diminish his character in any way. Really, this has become one of my favorites. Thank you.
LoneCayt chapter 20 . 9/4/2011
Very cute, in a horribly swotty kind of way. I enjoyed it very much. It was refreshingly unique, especially since you brought so many unusual disciplines and histories - bookbinding in particular - into the weave of the story. I feel as if I've come away having learned something new, which makes all the time I've spent reading seem that much more productive. I thank you for that.

Also, I could tell that English was not your first language, but you vocabulary is very impressive. It puts mine to shame, which, considering I've been speaking English all my life, makes me feel rather lazy and uneducated.
tenoh27 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Sorry to say I forgot to leave a review for the beautiful art accompanying the fic (when I left one at TPP). Those were incredible! Thank you very much for sharing.
dorothy chapter 20 . 8/6/2011
I like it that you made the charakters and their relationship complex. It feels genuine, although the obsessive bits are rather on the extreme side. But then, they have been through a war.

Your tale and writing is beautiful. I also like your accompanying drawings :)

Thanks!