Reviews for The First Human Spectre
Sephiran Lehran chapter 19 . 3/28
I was really into this story until this chapter. The amount of detail and saying the same thing is getting overwhelming and very frustrating. Furthermore, Shepard's starting to develop a major God complex. He seems to think he's the only one who can decide what's right and what's wrong, he blames the Alliance for every terrible thing humanity has done, and he's always right. He refuses to see someone else's perspective unless he sympathizes with them. The BAat situation is a perfect example. What happened to those kids was terrible but he's blaming the Alliance for something Conatix did. I will say that the relationship between Shepard and Tali is very well written though. That more than anything else is what got me started on the story and it's for that reason that I'll continue to read it. I'm not quite as enthusiastic as I was though.
Fyreyes chapter 36 . 3/27
Wow. This was certainly the best mass effect story I've ever read, with kind of a different twist than most. I've seen anti alliance before, but never one that fit so well with canon facts. Plus, the pairing felt well paced and real compared to most other fics, no "I love you after 24 hours forever!" overall, a very impressive story! Well done! :)
Williamgbirkin chapter 24 . 11/22/2014
I wanted to say this before, but I guess I forgot, and I don't know if someone else has already said this before, so it could be a moot point, but Quarians don't have backwards joints on their knees. They simply have a curved shinbone, and are somewhat Digitigrade, if I'm not mistaken.
MKTerra chapter 29 . 11/11/2014
well, they did exactly that for Tali. Her picture. It was Miss England, or whatever that had been photoshopped. Pretty, but a cop out.
MKTerra chapter 21 . 11/11/2014
this isn't too much different from ME 2, well, minus Mordin promising to give the equivalent of the Alien Karma Sutra to Shephard. I don't think anything in the game made me laugh that hard! Well, other than his singing.
Michaelkoc1 chapter 36 . 12/14/2013
This was really interesting. Loved the new spin on it, i have to admit i agree with most of your alliance bashing tho. I always thought that BAaT thing was effed up.
jaffa3 chapter 10 . 12/6/2013
I always wished there was an option like that after the Turian councliar said Shepard would go to any lengths to save a human colony.

Love your story by the way
DeathmatchDrunkard chapter 36 . 11/4/2013
When I saw this first, I thought "Meh, another Shep/Tali...". Then I actually read the summary and was like "Heavy anti-Alliance slant?! I gotta read this!". And I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

A brilliant piece of fanfiction you've created here.
Guest chapter 30 . 8/15/2013
I'm very excited for your ME3! Tfhs series so far is awesome
Barleyguy chapter 36 . 7/26/2013
Your ending was...I don't know how much times better than ME's original was i mean holy frigg that was epic loved it. Now I'm gonna move onto ME 1/2 keep updating eh
Barleyguy chapter 32 . 7/26/2013
That had to be the most awe inspiring speech I have ever seen, holy shit that was an awesome read. Your Jonathan Shepard is one in a million that's for sure
Barleyguy chapter 26 . 7/22/2013
Curious, you've taken your time while writing before it this chapter seems rushed to me
Guest chapter 2 . 7/21/2013
Awesome story!
Paco the Assassin chapter 36 . 4/15/2013
This was one of the best Shepard/Tali stories I have ever read. And I really liked how you portrayed Shepard personality! This was amazing.
Tomon chapter 36 . 4/13/2013
Well, my opinion on your story is pretty similar to the previous one written by NoNameAvailable Bis :)

I like your story, it's have several very interesting concepts and intend to definitely continue with sequels.
His review have several points I wanted to adress:
The biggest part being the genophage "cure". I think that lot of people out there still thinks that there really was a cure and not just a clonning facility. Kirahe conclusion on that matter was wrong but there it seems not the case. At least if you don't intend to surprise Wrex with "Whoops, sorry, I really thought we got the cure and not just the clonning facility setup". That would be pretty degrading :-D

Alenko was very well written and I too was surprised that he died on Virmire but I like how you included the fact that to save Ashley mean to save the salarian team or what remained of them. That was what decided my decision on the first playthrough but in other ff they're often totally forgotten. Of course with Alenko was two marines but in canon it seems he is alone when he call you and arm the bomb. Also the fact that the bomb is hard but not impossible to defuse supports the decision of leaving it guarded.

And now probably the biggest concern of your story. Aliance and morality of humanity.

Shepard is well written, he is not flawless at all. He is also VERY blunt to a fault and it often comes to bite him in the ass. And he know it. While he can be cunning, it's not his first thought and not really in his nature.
I got the feeling his character is similar to yours or at least you have several similar traits.
You're most concerned about what Alliance did wrong and forgot what they did right. It doesn't excuse them at all, but Shepard seems to want really destroy the alliance. The better way would be to discredit large part of the leadership insted of alliance as a whole. I'm not saying is easy but he may damage the situation too much in the face of coming reaper invasion.
Of course there comes the problem, should he let it slide, let the representatives of alliance get away with it, let them continue with the already 15 years long era of hush up of L2. Let the large corporation rule without as they want without the fear of rettribution. Let the alliance mantain the strong feeling they show to everyone at the expense of peoples in small colonies or even on Earth?

I think the main question is if doing the right thing is the right choice overall.

I agree with his/your decision but disagree with the approach. If it was up to me, I would probably have several assasin after my head, the lot of higher ups would seriously hate me but I would still get backing of the alliance military and even manage to mantain the "hero status" of normal people.
Hard to say if either of this plan could succeed so the thing I will do is to read the sequels and see how will you handle it :)

But as I said earlier, very good story and really interesting scheme :)