Reviews for The First Human Spectre
you are good... i love the team getting to know each other slowly..
kcinnaysvp chapter 5 . 4/5
you are good... i love the crew getting to know each other slowly..
Logic11B chapter 20 . 11/24/2019
So in this FanFic Shepard just judges everyone across the Milkyway and becomes a self-righteous douche instead of the homicidal sociopath we all love.

I'm halfway through this story and so far Shepard has passed judgment and taken action against everything he personally disagrees with 100% of the time.

No authority is capable of stopping Shepard's crusade-o-justice. The Council, the System Alliance; pussies who can't stop Shepard shitting all over them because reasons. The Commander even kicks God off the Normandy.

10/10 great read.
Ben Walker1 chapter 33 . 11/21/2018
aaaaand in remember why I stopped reading this.

for all its good points, the writing, the pacing, the general quality, this story completely lacks balance.
All day it's just shepard acting as though all sentient interaction occurs in a vacuum where nothing has any effect except the interaction itself.

Anarchy is never the better system and yet it's what this Shepard seems to be striving extremely hard to achieve
Pteaset chapter 6 . 9/6/2018
10 of 10:)
Pteaset chapter 1 . 9/5/2018
10 of 10
Wom1 chapter 30 . 4/18/2018
Something i feel you should of explored is that the system alloence only became a governing body directly after the first contact war and thus is still as young goverment, though likely all the people who really hate it are in places like horizon
Tali'Shepard Rulz chapter 36 . 7/29/2017
Wow, amazing take on ME1. Love this take on both Shepard and Tali.

Shepard is a real Paragon in this story, ensuring that no matter what, justice is served, and those that have suffered get the justice they deserve, and those guilty are punished for their crimes. Really enjoyed the way you brought in Cerberus, BAaT, the Exogeni scandal, as well as all the other crimes the Alliance has committed, and wove it into the story so they actually pay for their crimes, whereas in the games they are simply swept under the rug like it never happened.

Also really enjoyed the way you represented Tali in this story, it was a much better, and much more realistic take on how her personality would actually be, if she had grown up the way she did in the fleet. Her selflessness, take on the universe as an unfair place, her practical, self analytic and rational traits, as well as her dry wit make her an amazing character in this story.

Also love the way you wrote their relationship, and bringing into fruition at Virmire seemed especially appropriate, and was definitely earlier than i expected it to come to fruition. I love the way they interacted together, and especially how Shepard first begin to realise his attraction to her through her dancing, a very important part in Quarian culture mentioned in the games. Especially loved the way you wrote their dance in Flux, amazing scene.

The genophage cure, and Anita Goyle redemption arks are favourites as well, and both brilliantly written and executed.

"Tali started to scream" Powerful, emotional way to end they story, and definitely left me trying to hold back tears at the power of those 4 words. Can't imagine how sad Tali feels.

Looking forward to seeing the effects of the political fallout of the Alliance in the interim book, and how the whole Cerberus thing plays out in book 2, can already see it being a very hostile and forced relationship, and hope Tali joins him at Freedoms Progress, because she'll know how badly the fact being brought back to life, and forced to work with Cerberus will affect him.

Looking forward to continuing reading this universe, thanks for an amazing read!
BlindFox455 chapter 36 . 3/7/2016
This was definitely a different take on of my most beloved stories and I think you treated it well. It was very descriptive and, in places, eloquently written. There are fair amount of spelling and diction errors scattered throughout these 36 chapters that caught me up but overall, very well written. As to the plot, alienating Anderson and Hackett while under developing the friendship with Garrus has ripped away some of my favorite parts of the plot. Killing off Kirrahe was also unnecessary and unfortunate given the role he plays in 3. All that being said, I am looking forward to reading the next installments and am very thankful you took the time to write this. Enjoy your day.

Respectfully,
The Blind Fox
Delta Marauder chapter 36 . 6/23/2015
Love the ending, builds suspense for the sequel, good work on the whole story in general and keep up the great work.
Delta Marauder chapter 33 . 6/18/2015
Huh, so Quarians have secondary... Never mind. Anyways didn't think you would write half a lemon but alright, I expected scene changes.
Delta Marauder chapter 29 . 6/15/2015
What species in Mass Effect had hair besides humans? Also Quarians do have hair...