Reviews for Present Company
anastasis chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
It's a wonderful piece, perhaps the best fanfiction to "A Single Man" I've ever read. Bitter-sweet, not depressing, very well written, and you pictured both of them really well - especially Charley with her genuine, a bit naive affection towards George. Not like in all the other stories, there's hope that finally, in the end, the story might have a happy (or at least painless) ending for everyone. Besides, it is so very much like me and my friend, that it seem almost scary. Thank you for posting this, anyway :)
sjowall1452 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
This is not only good dialogue, but captures the spirit of the two characters.

I can't remember whether the two of them ever had sex in (or before) the movie-there's a reason for that. In this movie, I'm not really interested in Charley.

Well isn't that mean?
XFoxMuldersGirlX chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
This is good :) x x
Alan wannabe chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Changing some one's sexual orientation NEVER works! Or so I've been told on good authority!I myself know that even if you can make some one think they have, it's never true!
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Bah. Do not like. Your Charlotte hit a little too close to home.

But on an impersonal level, it's truly a very well done story. Nice use of present tense and dialogue; it makes the scene feel quite immediate. I love the line "Charley's such a romantic she doesn't realize it." And the part about him stroking her hair is so terribly telling.

Yeah. Very nice writing; sorry about any other factors that may make this review seem less than complimentary. I liked the story a lot.