Reviews for The Illusion
Ephyon chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Impressive story, in a lot of ways, probably the first one being that there’s Infinite Space fanfiction to begin with, the game gets too little love. Humongous as the story is, it always disappointed me how little aftermath there is to Katida’s recruitment, especially given how much it impacts the flow of events.

Not much to say besides that I liked it. It captures the emotions of the character perfectly. I’m a nit-picking asshole, so I couldn’t help but note the improbability of Yuri sill having the same ship he had back when he met Katida, but like I said, that’s on me. Great work.
AeonFrodo chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Wow, that was amazing to read. It was very- how to describe it- "stream of consciousness" sort of writing (I probably got that wrong knowing me). I never really used Katida in Infinite Space, and saw her as what I see as what cartoons and other shows would portray spoiled brats like her. But you wrote her as she appeared more or possibly less in this case than she was, so I've gained some respect for her.

Although, the amount of respect I gained for her still doesn't make me want to use her when playing the game though. Oh, and did you name your ship the Nightingale? Or was that reserved only for this fic?

Anyway, it was great to read, and I hope you do some more Infinite Space fanfics in the future.
Have a Little Feith chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
MOAR! Katida/Yuri is one of my favourite pairings. You can see it starting when Yuri is but 16 years old, and his feelings continuing on for her when he's 26. By far, one of the most tragic pairings in the game. I'm currently wondering if you can change the game as much as you can change "the bully's" girlfriend's brothers death (the names are escaping me, as I haven't played in about 4-5 months). You can actually change whether or not he dies, by choosing the path that doesn't have the ambush.

Changing this pairing's ending is something I'm willing to play again to find out.
Wandering Zephyr chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Whoah, good job at keeping the I.S. characters in... uh, character, both here and in your other I.S. fanfic. (and it's good to see SOMEONE willing to write fanfics for this sorely under appreciated game.) I hope you'll consider doing a post finale story at some point, it would be interesting seeing your take on a possible epilogue/continuation. P.S. Katida is quite difficult to re-recruip, if you fail then she, and the story change somewhat. Something to consider for your next playthrough.