Reviews for To Neptune and Back
steenbeans chapter 23 . 8/21
Wow. Intense chapter. Personally, I like the flashbacks and flash sideways, but I'm a big LOST fan so there you go. I like the notion of Logan filling his emotional void with stranger's hugs in support groups, much like The Narrator and Marla Singer in Fight Club.

Too funny, I wrote about the Neptune Boardwalk in my last chapter too. (Inspired by a recent M.A.D re-watch.) I like the memories of the Fab Four, especially Duncan puking lol.

The scene with Logan in the dungeon, the hallucinations or his dream state (whichever it ends up being) was incredibly well done. Blaming himself for Cassidy's suicide, and that being the catalyst to make him leave Neptune, the guilt over the people he's killed, his fears about winding up like his father and his almost compulsive need to take solace in Veronica. All very true to character. Love the Casablanca reference (and the sneaky pun on Beaver's last name- very nice) and the mention of Lynn's Blackberry suicide note being "very classy and post-modern". I love your dark humor.

I'm looking forward to learning what actually occurred with Logan in the "dungeon" and what's about to happen to him in the hospital. Is this all a government test? Hmmm... I'm also very worried about Zeus! Unless he's behind it all? Hmmm...
steenbeans chapter 22 . 8/21
Short and sweet. I liked this chapter. I'll be honest, I still don't buy Logan in the armed forces within the context of the movie and books. But here in your story, it works for me. Logan is adrift, no idea what to do with his life. He makes a snap decision and then sticks with it because he's stubborn. But actually gets something out of it, in the end. I like that he snaps out of his own self-pity to see that other people have it even worse. He needed to learn that. It also tracks that his fellow soldiers wouldn't go out of their way to be kind to him (except for Zeus- nice continuity with the mythological theme btw). And, of course, kissing V's photo is a very sweet image.
Please please please update again soon! This is my favorite story of all time!
Violet chapter 23 . 7/21
OH MY GOD. This is like one of the BEST stories I've ever read! Please continue!
mars on the moon chapter 18 . 7/21
NOOO! OMG what's going to happen?! Don't go to that cabin!
Kathy Vixarr chapter 23 . 6/14
Oh thank you, thank you for the update! I've been waiting for a year! Finally. And it's not disappointing. Logan and Veronica! Together again.
layoung13 chapter 23 . 6/12
I don’t usually review other reviewers, but wow, , you’re acting like a jerk. I think most of the authors on FF accept and even appreciate constructive criticism, but your comment is very troll-like. OK, you don’t like the style of “present/flashback/flashforward/over/under/sideways/down” [your judgment] but what do you think should be changed? What advice can you offer the author that she could incorporate to improve her story to your standards? If you think the story is hopeless for YOU to read, then STOP READING IT!

I happen to agree with you that the writing style of using flashbacks is hard to follow sometimes, but in this story, I think the main issue is the author does not update regularly. Many of us like/love this story for its unique voice and noir plot but when a story uses a unique writing style rather than just straight exposition, it needs regular updates to keep the readers on-track.

Therefore, my suggestion to the author is update more frequently. Keep your readers on track with the twists and curves of the story. Perhaps RL interfered; I hope the author now has time to write and post updates.

I think most of us read FF to find new POVs for our favorite characters. I have started other stories by many authors on FF that I did not finish because the authors “lost” me along the way and never got back on track. So….?! I didn’t just criticize everything I hated. I offered possible suggestions for improvement, and then either kept reading the story after improvements were made or quit reading then found another author from the plethora of stories on FF.

, keep reading and be an adult constructive reviewer or abandon this story and spend your time elsewhere…..just don’t be a troll.
JeniLyn2000 chapter 23 . 6/12
I believe I'm as confused as Logan, not quite sure where this is going. I'm along for the ride, regardless, but this chapter confuses me. Thanks for the update!
C.Elder chapter 23 . 6/12
I thought that this story had sunk under its own weight of present/flashback/flashforward/over/under/sideways/ down- but nooo it's come back to go nowhere,yet again!
LeeAnn Young chapter 23 . 6/11
I'm so glad you posted an update!
I have one complaint-post more chapters more often!
I was so excited to see the update email in my inbox. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

3, Loyal Reader
irma66 chapter 23 . 6/11
I think I'm as confused as Logan. I hope you're back sooner; this story is getting too long to have to read the whole thing again every time you post another chapter.
macyjean chapter 22 . 6/7
Write more! you must finish this. Too good to let it go.
Yanijean chapter 22 . 5/10
Hi, I've been refacing your story for the last day and enjoy it very much. I see it has been over a year since you have updated it and guess you have either abandoned it or real life has gotten in your way. I'm sorry, it makes me sad to know I won't see it resolved. Thank you for your hard work. I liked how you built out characters like Darrell and Don and the whole Sorokin family.
can not believe that i could not put this story down only to realize that it hasn't been updated in a year! ! bring on the updates,i can not wait! please!