Reviews for Justice League Family Affairs: DCAU Series Part 8
west189 chapter 54 . 10/7/2011
First off, don't forget to mark the story complete like you've done in the past. Second, do your obligatory story before anything else. I think you've earned a break from the Justice League for a good long while, so have fun with Star Trek.

Onto the chapter, I think that you did a good job of making this one wrap everything up like a pretty bow, but still left enough hints and enticing tidbits to keep the series alive for a while yet. And despite Part 8 being rather long, it's still one of my favorites. I'll see you next time when Part 9 begins!

Good Luck!

west189 chapter 53 . 10/7/2011
At least Kalea isn't trying anything to drastic... I mean compared to what the league deals with. That'll be tough on Supey, though, especially since his daughter will be the one taking over.

JDP95 chapter 54 . 10/7/2011
It was a good way to end the Part. All of the most recent issues were resolved, and the future looks bright for the JLU, even with the threat of the Legion of "Good" on the horizon. As always, good writing style and plot. Dialogue was also well done, and I look forward to Part 9!
S-Bumblebee chapter 54 . 10/7/2011
Shayera's antics in this chapter brought a smile, a subtle way of showing that even in really bad times, there is always a little laughter to break it up. Also her gradual dealing with the recent events was nice as well, she brooded but she talked a little too.

Shining Knight was wonderful as usual :p

Great tie offs as well, there wasn't necessarily anything left unanswered but I think there were a few gentle hints for things that might pop up at a later time.

Overall, I really loved this. It was a wonderfully multi-layered and complex story and I can't wait to see what you get up to in later installments. So I guess I'll read more from you after you get back from Star Trek. I hope that goes well for you as I'm sure it will :)
Jana Girl123 chapter 53 . 10/5/2011
Oh, poor Shay. She's doing pretty good considering the circumstances, though. Well it seems like this particular story in the series is coming to a close. I gotta say I'll be sad when it ends:( Nice new chapter by the way, update soon!
JDP95 chapter 53 . 10/5/2011
Kalea's still plotting! Evil little creature, isn't she? Yep, she is. The fallout continues, and Part 8 is coming to an end. Well written and plotted out. Great job!
S-Bumblebee chapter 53 . 10/5/2011
Another great chapter, lots of emotion, I've noticed that in the last few installments. It has been a nice change of pace and has offered really great insight into the characters.

Of course I enjoy the Shayera/John moments the most but I'm really starting to warm towards Superman and Diana and their dynamic with Kalea and Maxima in the mix as well.
west189 chapter 52 . 9/30/2011
I may not like Kalea, but I can't help but feel bad for her. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be prejudiced and suddenly become what you're prejudiced against.

And Shayera and John look like they're going to survive this latest tragedy together. So, at least something good came out of this...

S-Bumblebee chapter 52 . 9/30/2011
Wow, Loki you handled the issues in this chapter perfectly and seamlessly. Really loved Blackhawk's insight to relationships including his own, he strikes me as quite a deep thinking character indeed.

Also love Shayera's reference to John's 'Mantra' ;)

Very interested indeed about how Kalea will come to terms with what has happened to her and how her parents will be involved.
Jana Girl123 chapter 52 . 9/29/2011
Poor Kalea...she might be a brat but it's because of her upbringing. The poor girl doesn't deserve what happened to her one bit. Niether does John or Shay, but on a brighter note maybe the next time she becomes pregnant (since it's going to happen anyways) it'll be Rex and he'll be carried to full term. Sad yet beautiful chapter, update soon.
JDP95 chapter 52 . 9/29/2011
She deserves it. I enjoyed seeing the little brat beg for death, seeing as what Kalea did on Earth and the plans she made. they should have killed her, but that's my opinion. I like how you dealt with the aftermath of the baby's death and even revealed more of Blackhawk's background. Well done.
S-Bumblebee chapter 51 . 9/26/2011
Sorry I've been a bit busy this past week...but,

Revelations galore in this. The battle scenes were well written and balanced as always without causing confusion. Kalea's fate is certainly very interesting indeed and I can't wait to see what she thinks of it when she wakes up. It will also be interesting to see how it changes the politics of their people as well.

So sad about Shayera and John too :( But I see where you're coming from with this and you have handled it very well indeed, with a nice little surprise at the end.

:D
west189 chapter 51 . 9/25/2011
I hate being right, or at least close to it, in situations like this. It always makes me cry when children and babies are killed. I wonder how everyone is going to take this blow, especially Wonder Woman when she realizes what happened.

Sorry for not reviewing the previous chapters I missed, I was just to caught up in what I missed for a series of rapid reviews.

Jana Girl123 chapter 51 . 9/25/2011
So Rex died only it wasn't really Rex but a Roxy? Didn't see that coming. Oh no, poor John and Shay. Especially their child. I likeds the way you handled it though, you stuck to what you said about killing someone without killing off a character like Supes or Diana or someone who's that vital to the story. Instead you killed a character who wasn't quite real yet and added a twist to keep it cannon. Nice:)
JDP95 chapter 51 . 9/25/2011
So none of the Leaguers actually died. The baby did. This is going to have some lasting effects on the two parents, but I'm sure they'll try again for Rex. The League came out on top, and the TOU was beaten by Maxima, but now Kalea's a cyborg. Serves the little brat right for being such a bi*** to everyone. I don't really feel sorry for her lol. Great chapter, and I can't wait for the next one!
178 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »