Reviews for A New Player: Year One
DragonSiren7 chapter 1 . 5/5
Dangt. I read the series completely out of order... Time to start this for the beginning. Honestly, how did I not realize there was probably a year one and two before three? *sigh* Dang it... Ah well. At least the writing is fantastic.
I've read this story until this chapter, but could just not understand why you would change so many things to make them fit. Since Harry went to Diagon Alley a lot earlier than in canon thanks to "Faykan", he shouldn't have met Draco at all. Yet there he is in Madam Malkins the same as has happened in the books.

I'm sorry, but this is just too contrived a situation for me. When coupled with some serious issues with the quality of your writing (which has gotten worse as the story went on), I see no reason to continue when there is a lot other content on offer, which is easier to read. I would probably trudge though if you had somebody proof read through your writing to fix the numerous their/they're/your/you're errors and other things like that.
Angel SilverWinter chapter 13 . 11/20/2014
great story
NabikiB chapter 11 . 8/24/2014
Yeah...I had hoped that there'd be some originality here, but no. Has it ever occurred to you to use the characters but not the books and just write something set in the 'world' that isn't a copy of Rowling's stuff? This kind of thing gets old really fast precisely because 'everyone' does it.

Why would you want to be just like everyone else? How boring can you get? It's not even a decent crossover.
NabikiB chapter 4 . 8/23/2014
Those are not line breaks. Line breaks are available in Doc Manager...in the format bar is something that looks like a '-'...that's the line break. Please use it.
NabikiB chapter 3 . 8/23/2014
I'm guessing you've never seen a snake in your life. They don't have eyelids to open. Instead, there's a special kind of scale that is over their eyes and when the eye scale becomes clouded over, you know that the snake is about to shed it's skin. There are is a species of legless lizard that DOES have eyelids...that's how you can tell it's a lizard and not a snake.
davycrockett100 chapter 12 . 10/6/2013
awesome
melissa.mcginnis3 chapter 13 . 7/19/2013
Yay! Loved this story :D
melissa.mcginnis3 chapter 4 . 7/18/2013
*Mouth opens and closes several times*
Okay, so not Frodo re-incarnated and certainly NOT an Elf!
One of the mysterious Blue Wizards! AWESOME
WallWatcher33 chapter 11 . 6/28/2013
I think rthat Faykan might actually be Gandalf in disguise!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/28/2013
nice little joke at the bottom I chose ice I like the cold reference warning
rekrula chapter 4 . 6/25/2013
Still reading and enjoying...too soon to tell absolutely, but you have given a few hints that faykan is not a gary-sue, but it is looking more like it. The story is well written, and you have a talent for story-telling. Thanks for sharing.
rekrula chapter 3 . 6/25/2013
This has been a little hard to get into, but so far I am enjoying it. Faykan reads like a gary-sue, but I have hopes that he is not. Thanks for sharing!
Mo.auxier chapter 7 . 4/1/2013
So nott is basically taking dracos spot in the books? I have yet to see how this ties in with lord of the rings.
KeegSlytherin chapter 12 . 3/21/2013
Well this is a very good take on the HP universe! I will definitely read the other years! In fact, I think I'll beginn right now :)