Reviews for A New Player: Year One
david.teague.3950 chapter 3 . 11/27/2015
A figurative self insert, really? That's actually rather brilliant, so I assume that the dude I thought was Gandalf was in fact a much older Faykan.
david.teague.3950 chapter 1 . 11/27/2015
Was that supposed to be Gandalf? Don't get me wrong I love Gandalf he's cool, though to be honest I do wonder what Sting's Elven name was. Let's see I remember the name of Gandalf's Sword it was Glamdring meaning Foe Hammer. I don't remember the name of Orin's Sword but I remember that the Goblins called the swords Beater and Biter.
RafeFallstar chapter 4 . 11/11/2015
Seventh to Ollivander, Eighth to Draco: is this plot-relevant?
Apex113 chapter 3 . 9/30/2015
Considering how good your HPxSW Xover PotDs is, I find myself sorely disappointed by the quality of this story. I can't bring myself to read more. It's cliché, especially considering you've put your name in there, and the writing gets worse as the story proceeds. I'm sorry, but this fic and its series just doesn't sound like something I'd want to read.
ak chapter 13 . 9/18/2015
bonne fic!
pourquoi faykan ne s'implique pas plus dans l'éducation d'harry?
vmage2 chapter 2 . 9/17/2015
Why is Harry's new friend named for the Mentat of Baron Harkonnen?
Zanondalf1992 chapter 13 . 9/9/2015
This was a awesome story!.
Tsubaki-Akai chapter 13 . 7/13/2015
Wonderful and unique story thank you for sharing!
Ardishana chapter 8 . 6/17/2015
So far it just fells like I'm being draged around by the hand. Hopefully it'll get better...
DragonSiren7 chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
Dangt. I read the series completely out of order... Time to start this for the beginning. Honestly, how did I not realize there was probably a year one and two before three? *sigh* Dang it... Ah well. At least the writing is fantastic.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/25/2015
I've read this story until this chapter, but could just not understand why you would change so many things to make them fit. Since Harry went to Diagon Alley a lot earlier than in canon thanks to "Faykan", he shouldn't have met Draco at all. Yet there he is in Madam Malkins the same as has happened in the books.

I'm sorry, but this is just too contrived a situation for me. When coupled with some serious issues with the quality of your writing (which has gotten worse as the story went on), I see no reason to continue when there is a lot other content on offer, which is easier to read. I would probably trudge though if you had somebody proof read through your writing to fix the numerous their/they're/your/you're errors and other things like that.
Angel SilverWinter chapter 13 . 11/20/2014
great story
NabikiB chapter 11 . 8/24/2014
Yeah...I had hoped that there'd be some originality here, but no. Has it ever occurred to you to use the characters but not the books and just write something set in the 'world' that isn't a copy of Rowling's stuff? This kind of thing gets old really fast precisely because 'everyone' does it.

Why would you want to be just like everyone else? How boring can you get? It's not even a decent crossover.
NabikiB chapter 4 . 8/23/2014
Those are not line breaks. Line breaks are available in Doc Manager...in the format bar is something that looks like a '-'...that's the line break. Please use it.
NabikiB chapter 3 . 8/23/2014
I'm guessing you've never seen a snake in your life. They don't have eyelids to open. Instead, there's a special kind of scale that is over their eyes and when the eye scale becomes clouded over, you know that the snake is about to shed it's skin. There are is a species of legless lizard that DOES have eyelids...that's how you can tell it's a lizard and not a snake.