Reviews for For the Good of Gondor
Anonymous Update Beggar chapter 19 . 11/2/2003
PLEASE UPDATE SOON!

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please! a hundred times please update!

I love this story. It's incredibly well written and has so much emotion. I was pulled into this story from the very first chapter and I became so caught up in it I now have no option to forget about it! I hope you have not abandoned it or lost all interest. It'd be an awful shame to see this near masterpiece go unfinished.

I hate to beg or whine for authors for updates.. because I think that it's better to wait and get quality writing rather than speedy, half-assed writing.

But it's been many months now and even the most patient of readers can lose their cool. Forgive me!
AM chapter 19 . 11/2/2003
I just finished reading the entire story. It is incredible. Please, please finish it.
Kael Kalespel chapter 1 . 9/17/2003
Oh my fricking God...this is an awesome story! I can't wait to read the rest of this!
anna chapter 17 . 9/1/2003
where are you, irena? i am SO intrigued by this fic, it's so well-written and shockingly believable...please update soon!
Terrien chapter 19 . 8/6/2003
Please continue this fic! I have to read more!
Ithilien chapter 19 . 8/5/2003
Your disclaimer is wrong.

"I don’t own Nothing. Nada. Bupkis. Squat. Diddley."

Nope, my dear, you own everything. If I had gold I would toss it at your feet. You are rich in your talents, and that is not a mere thing. This story is the grandest of storytelling in the sense of what is horrific, and you are the master. The minions and I would like to express our thanks by groveling at your feet and begging you to assault us with MORE! Talk about SM!

My apologies for my tardiness in reviewing. I'm doing my utmost to catch up on what I had left behind when RL swept along and pulled me from my favorite fantasy world. So, I'm posting a quickie here to tell you how I marvel at where this story is going.

As if I haven't said it enough...poor Legolas! This chapter is just filled with sacrifices the dear elf is making, and no one truly seems to be appreciating them. Aragorn just can't stop asking for more. Yeah, let's showcase the baby for everyone to see, and while we are at it, YOU must pierce your ears for the occasion. OW! Having had a hard time with just keeping and maintaining the two holes in my ears that I have, I cringe at this pain the elf must endure for appearance. Couldn't Aragorn have given him clip ons? Thinking about it, this would have been as tedious a form of torture as that choker thing embedded into the elf's skin. What is it with Aragorn and his jewelry?

Second sacrifice. Legolas actually seems to be having a good time, only because he is amused by Synan, and they seem to have developed a bond. The man can see Legolas is hurting, and offers help by giving small joys. I wonder though what the price for such aid would cost? I like the guy, really, but this story puts me at a place where I'm beginning to trust NO ONE. Anyhow, the sacrifice here is the fact that Legolas must let this 'friend' slip away when Aragorn has to insinuate his intimacies. Nice little strike, Legolas, announcing Aragorn does not share his bed, but it does reveal a bit too much, doesn't it? Oh yes, we must keep up pretenses, mustn't we?

Okay, well, at least Legolas gets a bit trashed, and he and Aragorn are having a bit of a light moment (they agree at least on the raising of their daughter), and all might be good. But what is this? Another sacrifice? This comes in the form of control over his own body, and dear gods, THAT WOMAN is there and taking command. What is this? Now Legolas is not even allowed to let his hair come down? He must always be on the alert to fight off all the demons? She really seems to want it, and poor Legolas must now sacrifice his body to her whims.

Thank goodness he prevails, before it is too late, and I could almost believe Aragorn guiless enough not to have wanted this, but simply to have gone along with the moment. He does ask often enough, "Are you sure?" though the NO RESPONSE thing might have given him a clue. Still, being a MAN, I can almost believe he would just let his penis do the thinking. Still, he blows it, and he does so by proving that all his speeches about not wanting anything more from Legolas, that he knows the sacrifices the elf has made, the breaking of his heart, yada yada yada, were for naught. The man is a prick! Gah! In the end, all he really wants is a son, and everything else be damned. What a betrayal!

But you couldn't leave us laying and bleeding over that wound, could you? Just one more parting shot before we call this chapter quits, right? Disa. Gah! Disa! But we trusted her! We believed in her! We finally had it in us to think she was on OUR side! Oh, but it really would not surprise me now if she were not the mastermind to everything in this chapter! Oh, that I pitied her once! I'll bet she put Synan up to getting Legolas drunk and I'll bet she put Aragorn up to the idea of bedding our elf. And I'll bet she put it into his head that he needed a son too, though it is doubtful that thought was far from his own. But she seems to have known everything, and now it is only a matter of time before those chains come down even tighter binding Legolas to this place.

Gripping chapter, my friend, and I am beyond enthralled. More please, soon (*whimper*)? That is all I can think to express my desire, even though I know I am asking you to sacrifice in giving it.
Christina chapter 19 . 7/26/2003
gah! please please please update soon...this fic is so intriguing and it's just wonderful...i feel in awe of it...could you email me when you update next?
jen chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
I have noticed you have been writing this story for over a year. I am immensley impressed with this. Very rarely do I read a work that has been written for this long, by an author who so clearly loves her work enough to come back to it. What a sign of a true, avid writer! Again, I am very impressed with your faithfulness to the story, your fans, and writing.

This story is, generally, very well written and very. I, however, don't see strong characterization in Aragorn, and he plays a pivotal role in this story. Ack, I've run out of time to review... must go to Wal-mart, but PLEASE continue this great story! Good luck in the future, as well.
legolasluva chapter 19 . 7/25/2003
poor Lego... I hope he gets away and to Valinor.1 thing i hate about fics like this, is when the chars. hav kids.i never like them, it's lik disney's attempts at sequels. Still, PLEEZ UPDATE!
Alisha B chapter 19 . 7/16/2003
Ho man! What a powerful chapter! I'm almost at a loss for words! I absolutely adored Legolas's internal man vs woman struggle. Woo, the whole thing sent shivers up my spine.

Just checking though, “You are a fool. I am dead, and you are a fool. She will run, and she will take the baby. You are a fool, and I am as good as dead.” Was Disa saying that *to* Aragorn? I think that's what was happening. . .

Hmm, I thought she'd protect Legolas. Oh well, I can't wait for more! The sooner the better!
Catcher-in-the-Rye chapter 19 . 7/10/2003
Simply fantastic, I'm so glad you updated!
Lamiel chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
Okay, I've now read this entire story from beginning to end twice, and I'm likely to read it again, because it's so gripping and compelling and disturbingly wonderful. I have actually started dreaming about it. I swear, last night I dreamed about it. Please, please, please update soon! I don't think my sanity can take much more.
celedriel chapter 19 . 7/5/2003
ah! you have to post what happens next! i can't wait! . as much as i want legolas to be happy with aragorn and for them to love eachother, this is very interesting and i can't stop reading it. you've done a great job writing this so please continue! keep up the great work! _
HollyHobbit1 chapter 19 . 7/1/2003
EXCELLENT! Definitely worth the wait and then some. Hope you feel better soon.
waenloss chapter 19 . 7/1/2003
I have a million thoughts now... First of all: it was worth waiting for. This chapter left me speechless (partially because of screaming "No! You bastard, don't touch him!";)

Yey, and what now, what now? What is Disa up to? And Synan? How is he involved in this if at all? And Aragorn! You make me hate him so wonderfully. How could he try to do this to Legolas (again)? So many questions...

It is simply a pleasure to read this story.

I wish you luck with your original work.
574 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »