Reviews for Weekend At Longmeadow
insanemum chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
That was fantastic ladies. So vivdly written - I almost felt myself sittting there in the haze, all cheese-cloth skirts at patchouli scented. The Garrett/Jasper was an interesting combo - and I thought it worked very well. I was sure it was going to turn into a Gar/Kate fic - but you stuck to your guns and brought that baby home in an oh-so-delicious way. A really fun and interesting read. All your characters were delightful.
mephis1 chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
My goodness. That was such an enjoyable read. I love the way dialogue was used to move the narrative forward. That, in itself, was impressive. I also love the way both dialogue and music were used to provide a highly visual story. I can see it in my mind's eye and I do love highly visual stories. The scene with the 'Nam Vet was painful to read but it is authentic - what happened to those homecoming Vets was heartbreaking and you depicted it well in this story. The music choices - another impressive aspect of this story and was used to great effect. The Dead, the Stones, CCR, Joplin, Jefferson Airplane...ah yes, have I said how much I do love those song choices? They provided the perfect backdrop to this story. Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us. Good luck with the contest! I can't wait to discover who wrote this story. :)

~ Udo
Rosmarina chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I loved every word of this romp - the history, the way you used the ensemble cast of the Twi world and found exactly where they would fit in this imagining, the sensual threeway with Garrett, Kate and Jasper - every word. :)

Good luck in the contest!
chavamirjam chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Like some said before, it's really epic! Loved all the background and colouring from the 60s/70s. I had to look up a lot of things though, with not being a native speaker and missing out on some slang and allusions. That's not a bad thing though, learned a lot :)
belli486 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
So glad you decided to write an epic tale here. Most writers in contests try to keep their stories short, but I'm so glad you didn't. You had so much authentic subject matter here from the seventies. So much so that you either lived through it, or did some very thorough research. And I may be dating myself, but I was very convinced that you experienced some of this yourself, or knows someone who did, from the way this was written. Good luck in the contest!

Bev

xoxo
Maureen Thomas chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Great story, so detailed. I'm 39 so I wasn't there, but with my older siblings was exposed to some of it. This story really makes you feel "there". Reminds me of the part in Forest Gump Great detailed story, loved the end, oh yea Jerry may stop by! Haha! Great!
rubell chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
oddly enough i dislike both the stones and the beatles...maybe a song or two each that i like, but their first, beginning stuff...i am one of a few people who dont like either, lol...what a fun epic story, like truly epic and it isnt even over a 24 hour period, lol...meadow had me confused, at first i thought bella, then when she wouldnt be quiet i though alice, cuz she can talk, then with the vet and katie calling her bella again i was totally shocked again! glad edward was better by the end...i was worried abouy him, lol...
Chicklette chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
I really enjoyed this. Thank you.
Anadabyel chapter 1 . 2/22/2011