Reviews for Purple, blue, orange, green
jackthemac21 chapter 1 . 10/28/2016
Hey!

Enjoyed your piece. The mother's journey was my favorite part of the film, so it was very cool to hear a bit of internal dialogue for her.
Like how you've kept it consistent as far as her obsessions - I think you've captured her state of mind really nicely.
Her confusing the color of the pills, and then slipping the color of the dress in there, is very cool too. You've managed to capture the impression of a mind unraveling brilliantly in very few words.
I like the stream-of-consciousness narrative you've got going, with the long sentences and a relative absence of punctuation. I would say you could tidy it up a little bit though, as I did have to go back and read some sentences to get what was going on.
You employ repetition nicely, and it reflects Sara's state of mind well. The repetition of 'Proud' and 'Remembered' early in the piece are spot-on.
So yeah, think you've done a really good job. Not a lot more criticism to offer.

Cheers, and keep writing!
thebosnianriver chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
I like this, it captured her character in the movie. The movie made me cry :(
NightHawkandDragon chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
This makes me want to cry :'(
Munkustrap18 chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Absolutely amazing. Her character was captured perfectly, and it sounded exsctly like she would think. Just a suggestion though, instead of putting the yelling in all caps, try italicizing and an exclamation point; all caps can give headaches.

Wonderful story, very heartbreaking.

-Vince