Reviews for Wondering
Specteracular chapter 3 . 5/17
I - I'm crying! Holy... crap... This chapter, it's just so freaking good! ;-;
Jay Salvatore chapter 6 . 4/26
It's all fun and games until you realize you tortured your child and gave them PTSD. Honestly, even if Danny wasn't their son, they tortured a sentient being who feels emotions. Those *things* don't deserve to be parents, or people, for that matter.
Jay Salvatore chapter 1 . 4/26
It's amazing that the ghosts didn't go ahead and destroy his parents anyway.
hey chapter 18 . 4/19
Your story is boring as shit
Lea Ootori chapter 3 . 4/11
Oh god... this made me cry. It kid of reminds of HaiJu's story.
Phantom Wolfie chapter 25 . 4/11
Wow, this story was amazing!

I literally could not stop reading this! (Until I was forced to sleep at some point...)

This story was so realistic. From the trauma Danny faced throughout to the way he didn't immediately forgive his parents like in most stories. You are an excellent writer and you have great skill when it comes to weaving words and chapters together. Instead of being jumbled and confusing, you were able to make the past and present parts of the story meld together in the perfect way.

AMAZING JOB! I'M VERY IMPRESSED AT YOU SKILLS!

This is one of the best stories I've ever read. And that's saying something because I've read a lot of stories!
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 25 . 2/26
I take back everything I said about not liking the writing style. Danny is incredibly in character in the epilogue and I love that. The fact that there is such a vast difference between the rest of the fic and the epilogue can be attributed to the fact that the trauma changed him and the change in writing style/character portrayal only serves to support that. It's beautiful. The grave scene. This one hurts indescribably. Again, achingly beautiful, very in character, very genuine, very kind, very bittersweet. Part of me still wanted Danny to not forgive his parents, but it's in his character to do so. The kid is a fricken' saint. It just does justice to his heroic and kind nature. As for his recovery and his friendship with Lancer, I've always liked that in the Danny Phantom universe. Everything has a slight sense of normalcy again, if slightly marred, but it's getting there.

A beautiful end to a horrifically beautiful fic.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 24 . 2/26
The last sentence. That really hits like a freight train of despair. There is scarcely enough room to breathe after reading these chapters. The tension and dread of the impending destruction is so palpable that it's far past breath-taking, it's straight up suffocating. But even still, I can't help but wonder if I'm just excessively morbid, because I've been wondering what extent of the damage had transferred to Danny's human form - were there still missing bones? The funny thing is, while Danny is wondering this now, I was curious about that about four to five chapters previous...Strange, isn't it?

Nonetheless, I loved that you transitioned to Tucker's explanation of what happened. It's natural and gives a terribly realistic feel to the situation.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 23 . 2/26
The way he speaks. It's perfection. It's not over. It's still not over. He might've been saved, but it's never going to be over for him. You can tell by the way he speaks. Excellent. And Danny's thought that if he just succumbed to the rotting that there would be an end that wasn't caused by him...I resonate with that sentiment entirely. I cannot begin to express how breathtaking his character is while he's speaking. Throughout the fic, I've kind of disliked the technical aspects of the fic - the writing style isn't one that I really like, there's too much repetition and emphasis to the point where it's cliche (frequently using "tortured" to describe things for example, like "ripped his tortured eyes from" or something like that, taking out "tortured" would have been enough), but I liked the plotline enough to keep reading. I wasn't disappointed. Sometimes you'd have gems of phrases that Danny thinks of or says that just rubs salt into the already diseased wounds and it just makes the reading experience worth the borderline cliches. I have to applaud you for that. The last section of this chapter is an excellent example of that. Kudos.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 22 . 2/26
I love that he's not okay with it. He can't be okay with it. Absolutely. The trauma of the incident, if it wasn't already apparent enough, is highlighted by the stifling need to escape the lab, even with the serious injuries that Danny has. He's so broken. It's beautiful.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 21 . 2/26
Part of me doesn't want this to be okay. I want it to remain broken, but this is an okay medium. I like the humour between Sam and Danny, finally, the comedic relief! Onto the next chapter.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 20 . 2/26
And so he lives. Intense. I see how this might end up working out...I can't even begin to fathom what you have planned for the ending. Thank goodness there are five more chapters. I loved "he was a pain, but I never hated him" it's such a sweet sentiment and it's awfully genuine too, and true, backed by his canon personality. When he's not being condescending, all he wants is to teach Danny. I'm kind of glad that he lives, but I'm also kind of not...Still. Maddie and Jack saving Danny does nothing to help my view of them. I also appreciate that Vlad never had the cure. Everything's just a giant clusterfuck. Outstanding.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 19 . 2/26
I love that you were able to find a factual reasoning for the injuries and everything and just - ugh. The little bits of courage that Danny finds in this chapter...I can't form sentences that aren't disjointed - it's that good. Vlad's willingness to help, even though he says it's for his own benefit, is genuine. Vlad might be a coward and a cheat, but he's can also be kindhearted when pushed up against a wall - Danny's injuries makes quite a wall.

Also, I've had this hunch since the first few chapters of the fic, but I've been too distracted by the sheer amount of everything that has been happening in every chapter to remember to put this in the reviews. I'm 95% sure that Danny doesn't make it through this. I've read a fic in a different fandom that's called...well it's kind of called "Sing for Me" where one of the characters is kidnapped and then abused and such. His captor is delusional and wanted to love and protect him, but he dies in the end, even with all the care. What I'm bringing this up for is the fact that when something is so irreparably broken, something as severe as this fic, there is no hope for a happy ending. The only logical and appropriate resolution is that the character dies. There's no hope to return to a life where it had never happened. That's my rationale for thinking that Danny dies. Also the last chapter is called "A Bouquet of Flowers" so I mean, is visiting a grave all that hard to believe? The cliffhanger at the end of the chapter though...it makes me think that Danny might live - but that's a 5% chance, maybe less.

Excellent work.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 18 . 2/26
There's not much to say because there's so much of everything in these chapters that leaves scarce room for breathing even. Incredible. I'm actually surprised that Danny hasn't developed something more severe than PTSD, depression, anxiety, and his obvious guilt complex. I feel like he has the potential to develop DID or hysteria - but I don't see the plot going this way. Nor do I feel like it should. Danny is the character on the show who has the most willpower, so it's beautiful how you've managed to express that through the fact that his psyche is still all in one piece, if very broken. The exchange between Danny and Tucker and Sam proves forced maturity - maturing because there is no other choice, the incident is too dire to allow immaturity. I'm going to say it again, Danny's guilt complex is achingly beautiful. You also manage to convey Danny's obvious horror and disgust towards his parents and the Fenton Scrambler. I'm running out of words to praise this work with. I must sound like a broken record at this point.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 17 . 2/26
You killed a four year old child on her birthday.

I did that too in an assignment. I like the way you think.

Nonetheless, that's horrible! I didn't hate Maddie and Jack until this chapter. I'd had a relatively neutral opinion of them, because they didn't know what they were doing, but here...they're so ignorant of what's so blatantly shoved in their faces. Valerie, I understand, she has a personal vendetta and it's all a misunderstanding, but these two? Absolutely no justification for their actions. They're completely unconcerned for the repercussions of their actions. No presence of mind to even consider, remotely, that they're the cause of Phantom's disappearance. They know. They know that the attacks have become more frequent. That there are people dying, but they're more concerned with their unpublished work. I absolutely despise them, now. Even more than Vlad - which is saying a lot. I hate him with a passion, and I think him a coward, but for this story I very much prefer him over the two "ghost hunters". Profane language is appropriate.

I'm very angry, but very pleased that your writing was able to evoke such a reactions. Fantastic job.