Reviews for Wondering
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 25 . 2/26
I take back everything I said about not liking the writing style. Danny is incredibly in character in the epilogue and I love that. The fact that there is such a vast difference between the rest of the fic and the epilogue can be attributed to the fact that the trauma changed him and the change in writing style/character portrayal only serves to support that. It's beautiful. The grave scene. This one hurts indescribably. Again, achingly beautiful, very in character, very genuine, very kind, very bittersweet. Part of me still wanted Danny to not forgive his parents, but it's in his character to do so. The kid is a fricken' saint. It just does justice to his heroic and kind nature. As for his recovery and his friendship with Lancer, I've always liked that in the Danny Phantom universe. Everything has a slight sense of normalcy again, if slightly marred, but it's getting there.

A beautiful end to a horrifically beautiful fic.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 24 . 2/26
The last sentence. That really hits like a freight train of despair. There is scarcely enough room to breathe after reading these chapters. The tension and dread of the impending destruction is so palpable that it's far past breath-taking, it's straight up suffocating. But even still, I can't help but wonder if I'm just excessively morbid, because I've been wondering what extent of the damage had transferred to Danny's human form - were there still missing bones? The funny thing is, while Danny is wondering this now, I was curious about that about four to five chapters previous...Strange, isn't it?

Nonetheless, I loved that you transitioned to Tucker's explanation of what happened. It's natural and gives a terribly realistic feel to the situation.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 23 . 2/26
The way he speaks. It's perfection. It's not over. It's still not over. He might've been saved, but it's never going to be over for him. You can tell by the way he speaks. Excellent. And Danny's thought that if he just succumbed to the rotting that there would be an end that wasn't caused by him...I resonate with that sentiment entirely. I cannot begin to express how breathtaking his character is while he's speaking. Throughout the fic, I've kind of disliked the technical aspects of the fic - the writing style isn't one that I really like, there's too much repetition and emphasis to the point where it's cliche (frequently using "tortured" to describe things for example, like "ripped his tortured eyes from" or something like that, taking out "tortured" would have been enough), but I liked the plotline enough to keep reading. I wasn't disappointed. Sometimes you'd have gems of phrases that Danny thinks of or says that just rubs salt into the already diseased wounds and it just makes the reading experience worth the borderline cliches. I have to applaud you for that. The last section of this chapter is an excellent example of that. Kudos.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 22 . 2/26
I love that he's not okay with it. He can't be okay with it. Absolutely. The trauma of the incident, if it wasn't already apparent enough, is highlighted by the stifling need to escape the lab, even with the serious injuries that Danny has. He's so broken. It's beautiful.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 21 . 2/26
Part of me doesn't want this to be okay. I want it to remain broken, but this is an okay medium. I like the humour between Sam and Danny, finally, the comedic relief! Onto the next chapter.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 20 . 2/26
And so he lives. Intense. I see how this might end up working out...I can't even begin to fathom what you have planned for the ending. Thank goodness there are five more chapters. I loved "he was a pain, but I never hated him" it's such a sweet sentiment and it's awfully genuine too, and true, backed by his canon personality. When he's not being condescending, all he wants is to teach Danny. I'm kind of glad that he lives, but I'm also kind of not...Still. Maddie and Jack saving Danny does nothing to help my view of them. I also appreciate that Vlad never had the cure. Everything's just a giant clusterfuck. Outstanding.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 19 . 2/26
I love that you were able to find a factual reasoning for the injuries and everything and just - ugh. The little bits of courage that Danny finds in this chapter...I can't form sentences that aren't disjointed - it's that good. Vlad's willingness to help, even though he says it's for his own benefit, is genuine. Vlad might be a coward and a cheat, but he's can also be kindhearted when pushed up against a wall - Danny's injuries makes quite a wall.

Also, I've had this hunch since the first few chapters of the fic, but I've been too distracted by the sheer amount of everything that has been happening in every chapter to remember to put this in the reviews. I'm 95% sure that Danny doesn't make it through this. I've read a fic in a different fandom that's called...well it's kind of called "Sing for Me" where one of the characters is kidnapped and then abused and such. His captor is delusional and wanted to love and protect him, but he dies in the end, even with all the care. What I'm bringing this up for is the fact that when something is so irreparably broken, something as severe as this fic, there is no hope for a happy ending. The only logical and appropriate resolution is that the character dies. There's no hope to return to a life where it had never happened. That's my rationale for thinking that Danny dies. Also the last chapter is called "A Bouquet of Flowers" so I mean, is visiting a grave all that hard to believe? The cliffhanger at the end of the chapter though...it makes me think that Danny might live - but that's a 5% chance, maybe less.

Excellent work.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 18 . 2/26
There's not much to say because there's so much of everything in these chapters that leaves scarce room for breathing even. Incredible. I'm actually surprised that Danny hasn't developed something more severe than PTSD, depression, anxiety, and his obvious guilt complex. I feel like he has the potential to develop DID or hysteria - but I don't see the plot going this way. Nor do I feel like it should. Danny is the character on the show who has the most willpower, so it's beautiful how you've managed to express that through the fact that his psyche is still all in one piece, if very broken. The exchange between Danny and Tucker and Sam proves forced maturity - maturing because there is no other choice, the incident is too dire to allow immaturity. I'm going to say it again, Danny's guilt complex is achingly beautiful. You also manage to convey Danny's obvious horror and disgust towards his parents and the Fenton Scrambler. I'm running out of words to praise this work with. I must sound like a broken record at this point.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 17 . 2/26
You killed a four year old child on her birthday.

I did that too in an assignment. I like the way you think.

Nonetheless, that's horrible! I didn't hate Maddie and Jack until this chapter. I'd had a relatively neutral opinion of them, because they didn't know what they were doing, but here...they're so ignorant of what's so blatantly shoved in their faces. Valerie, I understand, she has a personal vendetta and it's all a misunderstanding, but these two? Absolutely no justification for their actions. They're completely unconcerned for the repercussions of their actions. No presence of mind to even consider, remotely, that they're the cause of Phantom's disappearance. They know. They know that the attacks have become more frequent. That there are people dying, but they're more concerned with their unpublished work. I absolutely despise them, now. Even more than Vlad - which is saying a lot. I hate him with a passion, and I think him a coward, but for this story I very much prefer him over the two "ghost hunters". Profane language is appropriate.

I'm very angry, but very pleased that your writing was able to evoke such a reactions. Fantastic job.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 16 . 2/26
He told him. He told him. I can't tell if I'm pleased or - no I'm definitely pleased. It's a delirious sort of euphoria, but I love where this is going. I'm interested in seeing how Lancer is going to play a part, or how he's going to be silenced. The way Danny told him though. "Do you want to know what happened to him?" There was enough bitterness and anguish in that to convey all of the horrors of his reality. I love this. This is one of the best chapters. Oh, man. Excellent. And I mean EXCELLENT work.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 14 . 2/26
I'm a very invested reader, so I generally make a lot of noise and gesticulate wildly and have conversations with myself and my laptop...so needless to say the people behind me in lecture probably thought I was having a seizure. I am always reduced to hysterics in this fic. He is the kind of human wreckage that I love. I've read a lot of fics where Lancer discover's Danny's secret and I love that you don't antagonise him here. His presence was so poetic. I wanted him to know, but I knew there was no way Danny would tell him. It doesn't make sense to the plot, but I thoroughly enjoyed their exchange. It was achingly beautiful. All of the irony! He's dying. Lancer doesn't even know the half of it, and it should be better because he doesn't know Danny's secret, but it's all the worse. And the fact that Danny has a concussion. That's just more unnecessary suffering that's been imposed on him. Not that I'm particularly complaining, I'm an avid fan of the angst genre after all. Loved this chapter.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 13 . 2/26
"If you make absolutely no effort to find a treatment and just wallow in self pity for weeks on end, then yes, you'll die." Oh sweet, sweet irony, how I love thee. I didn't expect him to suddenly collapse on the brink of - well, near - solution. There's this permanent hysteria that's infused in this fic. It's great. It's really great. Danny's ineffectual stance on petty, mundane things that used to mean the world to him perfectly conveys just how fucked the situation is. I understand why Danny let the wounds fester for 34 days. Thirty four days he's been rotting. But how do you even go about telling your parents these things? Love this.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 12 . 2/26
I *cough* uhm...didn't involuntarily make incoherent noises enough for the other people in my tutorial to look at me strangely. I never actually thought that Danny would be in any danger of actually dying - maybe I did know, but it's all the more real now. I love Danny's initial reluctance and snarkiness towards Vlad. That's the Danny I know. But it seems that every time I get a little bored or a little impatient with the plot, you seem to find a way to crush the reader through the floor and have us fall a good twenty stories. I'm in awe of the way Danny is slowly dying. 34 days he let the wounds fester. THIRTY FOUR DAYS. He's dying and he won't tell his parents that he's dying because he doesn't want to break everything irreparably - but everything is already broken. He doesn't love them anymore - which is beautiful and poetic and never would I have thought that, that phrase would appear. Phenomenal writing.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 11 . 2/26
The deal with Sam was already horrible enough, again, driving in the helplessness and self-loathing that Danny has for his current incapability. Especially the paragraph about Sam, what she meant to him, the little details of her life that he notices, this all serves to fuel his wrecked emotional state. It transfers beautifully. As for the attack on Danny by Vlad, that was astonishing. I mentioned in my previous review that Vlad's sudden goodwill marked the intense awfulness of his trauma, but I never expected a full frontal confrontation like this. The dramatic irony and tension of the beginning of the fight was already incredible, but when Vlad sees the damage that Danny's parents had unleashed...Again, I find myself lost for words.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 10 . 2/26
Oh you do it every time. As soon as I feel like I might be losing interest, you twist the plot just a little bit and manage to not only captivate me, but you blow me away. While I'm not quite sure why Danny didn't fill the 334 seconds of silence with his second and third phone calls, I don't really care all that much at this point. The way he acted over the phone, the utter reluctance, the self-loathing, this is the kind of description of his now-broken character that I appreciate the most. You express a feeling of continued onslaught that just can't be avoided. And Vlad. Dear goodness Vlad. I hate that man with a passion, but his presence in this fic. As soon as Danny made that phone call and Vlad responded, the reader knew. Once again, the direness of the situation was beautifully emphasised. To be able to find Vlad an element of support and safety, despite all the horrific things he had done. Fantastic. This chapter just feels like a bag full of shattered glass. Very well written. Well done.