Reviews for A Love Never Lost
jansails chapter 24 . 2/19
I've had a lot of fun reading this, Edward is really different & I like it!
Edward may have been the canon Edward stalker back in high school who never tried to have more with Bella other than a Prom dance, but the second time around he was bold & determined.
It was nice not to have to go through all the self loathing 'New Moon' sacrificial "it hurts me more than it hurts you" behavior.
jansails/jan2
BlueDiamondRing chapter 24 . 2/13/2014
Loved this story and your writing is excellent. Are you ever going to finish it.
Guest chapter 6 . 1/18/2014
I really love this story so far. I like the its nit cliched
debslmac chapter 24 . 11/17/2013
Loved this story
Dil9 chapter 24 . 11/9/2013
Love your story:)
madamel1 chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
The beginning of an interesting and intriguing story. Great start.
chossa chapter 24 . 9/12/2013
whats going to happen next i love ur story please keep on writting grewt job
Renee Aubin chapter 24 . 8/1/2013
Hello, Twisting Twilight! I saw your story “Turning Page” recommended on the Wordy Bitches site (a while ago, obviously). While checking your profile I found this story, and since I prefer vamp stories I started here. Since this story hasn’t been updated in 15 months, I decided to just write one summary review.

I enjoyed your premise, and I thought you did a good job of showing the connection between E&B. They were entirely charming, sweet, and sensual together. In particlar, there were a number of very believable moments when Edward was unsure of what Bella was thinking. For instance, when they return to school after becoming lovers:

'After everyone had left, Edward came around to my side of the desk and knelt down beside me, "Bella? What's wrong?"
I looked at him, feeling the tears brim in my eyes, "I don't want this."
Fear was slapped across his face with my words, "What?" He whispered.
"I don't want to pretend Edward. I want you, and I don't want to have to be your teacher and act like nothing is going on between us. I want to be able to call you mine and not have to hide it." '

And of course I appreciated that he was willing to change her in order to have forever together.

I have to admit I was disappointed in the baby twist – I hated that entire aspect of BD, that Bella could only be a hero get what she ultimately wanted through death by pregnancy. Ugh. I was glad that you minimized the torture aspect of it, though. That was a scary and well-done scene when she first gets sick at school. Also you didn’t destroy the relationship between E&B the way SM did. And thank the goddess your E&B at least got to develop and enjoy a wonderful sexual connection first, not getting pregnant the first damn time!

I loved your idea of Alice recording Edward’s reaction to Bella on video, knowing as she did the twists and turns it would take. A clever way for Bella to learn how she affected Edward from the start. It made me smile that he was so happy as soon as they found her again in Seattle.

I thought it was very affecting how Edward recreated the scene from the Forks High prom five years earlier as a way of revealing himself. (Although I didn’t get why he wanted to be half an hour late?) It also made a lot of sense to me that Bella freaked out and ran. Good detail that he decided he wouldn’t chase her if she ran – sounds very Edward. I loved Alice showing up (as she did in NM) and giving Bella the materials she needed to put the pieces together. I liked that Bella literally ran to the Cullen house instead of taking her truck! There were several very effective uses of canon lines/ideas, particularly in that chapter. In the video we first see Edward through a window, as in the first movie. Then the way he is watching her across the Forks High cafeteria. And of course ‘for once, we were the same temperature.’ There were a lot of good lines throughout that were entirely your own, too. You are an accomplished writer.

I especially enjoyed the idea that Edward wrote “A Thousand Years”! I do love that song, but I had never considered line by line how perfectly it fits E&B. Well done.

Loved the visit to Powell’s, one of my favorite places on earth (I live in Eugene). I didn’t know all those details about the original publication of Wuthering Heights, either. Clever. Yummy that he read part of it to her in the meadow, too.

I loved the idea that Edward bought Charlie’s house in Forks when Charlie and Bella moved to Seattle. Makes perfect sense. It was delightful to see them revisit the place! It was a sweet touch that he got to hear from her diary how she reacted to him at 17.

It would be great if you were ever inspired to tie up the loose ends and finish this story, but obviously you got us through most of what you had in mind for them. I enjoyed it – thanks for sharing it with us in the first place, and for leaving it up on-line.
elle hagewood chapter 24 . 4/19/2013
Well I really love this story but I noticed you haven't updated it in almost eleven months. Have you decided not to finish it. It would be great if you do. I have read 24 chapters and need to see the ending.
JulieVans chapter 14 . 4/9/2013
Adorable - Alice and her antics. Never bet against Alice :)
JulieVans chapter 13 . 4/9/2013
Hey - good - for the first time in any ff Edward just comes out and says it :)
JulieVans chapter 11 . 4/9/2013
I'm really enjoying this story, here - it's very sweet. The tears flow time to time.
JulieVans chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
lol - cute and fun :) Your writing is crisp, too.
BookwormCarlota chapter 24 . 4/7/2013
no updates? :) i love this story...
a.bond41 chapter 24 . 3/16/2013
Aarrrgghh! What happens next?