Reviews for Manipulations
Ginabina13 chapter 87 . 6/10/2021
This is, by far, my most favorite fanfic of all time. I have read it at least once a year since it came out.

It makes me laugh out loud, I get emotional, it’s written at a level that any author should aspire to achieve. What a compliment to the entire Mass Effect writing team to inspire such an excellent piece of work.

I assume you stopped working on it because you got a book deal and are now famous, there could be no other reason.

Thanks so much for such a great work, I know I will be reading it for a long time to come.
emmadilemma88 chapter 1 . 1/8/2021
I LOVE this fic. I first read it years ago before me3 came out. Unfortunately the ending of that game put me off all things mass effect for years. I've just recently been able to look at the trilogy again and I immediately thought of and re-read Manipulations. I enjoyed it just as much the second time around. I basically take it as canon. Or a better AU than what EA gave us :)

I could write an essay about the reasons I love this fanfic. the TLDR version is:
1) the characters' personalities and relationships improve on but remain consistent with the canon.
2) I normally dislike AU me3 fanfics, but somehow you made an AU that I like more than the canon.
3) you can actually write! Your writing is worlds in front of all of the published fictions I've read recently. Have you ever written a story to be published? You should.
4) I don't know how exactly to describe this but I've never had a TLDR moment with Manipulations. The chapters are long in a way that lesser fics would have me skim-reading. Not this fic. These chapters are rich and worth savouring.

Anyway I just wanted to say thank you for such an amazing story. Searching for it this time around,
I was so afraid it might have been deleted. I've had that happen to a couple of good fics I've read. Super nerdy moment here... I know it's "just a fanfiction", but I print a hard copy and bind the fanfics enjoy the most. Then I know I can always re-read them even if they are deleted. Manipulations is next on my list.

I don't know why but the link to the audio files doesn't work for me. Maybe the site doesn't work because I'm in Australia? I'd love to download them if there's another link available.
Guest chapter 77 . 12/14/2020
Friendship is really a thing of pure joy
mirxu chapter 74 . 10/31/2020
I really can't outright pick up a favorite chapter but this one is definitely one of the candidates for hilariousness sake as I mean how not to love dead pan answers Alenko and Shepard give to Mirandas 'what do you do here' -question or how people are looking engaged and everything.
mirxu chapter 70 . 10/31/2020
Interesting to see a slice of Kasumis past and wonderful that she is getting back some feelings in her life. Garrus is adorable as always.
mirxu chapter 72 . 10/31/2020
There obviously is a reason why Anderson has gotten to the status his in. And you nade ne laugh out loud with the thouhgt if him sniffing out Alenko through Citadel. Thanks
mirxu chapter 69 . 10/30/2020
The flash backs are great. And the part where Shepard goes through things that tell what kind of a man Alenko is, is just beautiful.
Curondhil chapter 87 . 10/16/2020
Still the best fic I ever read and still worth another read every chance I get.
Even though you never continued this, thanks for writing and sharing it at all. I'll still keep my eyes open, in case your muse ever drags you back to this particular masterpiece.
mirxu chapter 59 . 8/22/2020
This chapter was so full of emotion from pain to tears (mine) to hope to happiness even. And I too love that Kaidans love letter has footnotes.
mirxu chapter 56 . 8/21/2020
When you first mentioned Arashu in chapter 15 you painted a strong interesting picture and now Thanes story really opens it up and gives meaning to it. Well done.
mirxu chapter 52 . 8/21/2020
Interesting to have Jacob scold Shepard. And flashback with Williams was sweet as it showed well what Shepard nd Alenko had.
mirxu chapter 41 . 8/17/2020
Miranda kind of does come out as the very annoying but kind of lovable little sister in this chapter. Nice touch.
mirxu chapter 37 . 8/11/2020
Never thought Dragon Age would turn in to a heaving bosom type novel, but it does it well indeed.
Now I'm wondering if lady Alessandra is also originating from some game and if so where can I find it?
Also loved who Garrus is trying to understand humans.
mirxu chapter 34 . 8/10/2020
Whoa, Miranda paints quite a picture here.

BTW, I think that the way you show through the story how both Shepard and Alenko think about the same situations or reach conclusions is great. Just wanted you to know.
mirxu chapter 33 . 8/9/2020
Shepard's insight of her team members is spot on and also shows that she truly cares for them to be able to see who they are. And Thanes insight on Shepard is also spot on and shows that he truly cares too.
1,072 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »