Reviews for Manipulations
RenaShepard chapter 86 . 6/19
Wow... I love this. I'm reviewing 86 instead of 87 because I haven't yet worked up the nerve to finish 87. I love finding long, lovingly crafted fics like this one. Few tug on my heartstrings and make me laugh and gasp like an overdramatic socialite like this one did. Your characterizations are spot-on, breathing life and depth into all of them. Your Shepard is also extremely well-developed, and feels just as real as any of the others. I forgot about my own Shepard while reading your fic, a feat which few ME fics manage with my ever-pervasive girl.

I just wanted to say that this fic is beautiful, and wonderful, and definitely a favorite of mine. If it ever returns, I would love to see how this story ends. You've weaved a beautiful plot amidst the character development, and I would love to see how you tie everything up.

Thank you for sharing your story. 3
Silver Water 7 chapter 87 . 5/17
I just binged read this entire thing at once and all I can say is... wow. Amazing job at the world building and character voices. Fantastic job at the character development and interaction. Finally, you've had me on the edge of my seat the entire time with the plot development. I know it's been almost 4 years since you've updated this but please say you haven't abandoned it! Please?!

Keep up the fantastic work and update soon!
Guest chapter 87 . 12/17/2015
Lawd. 87 gorgeous chapters. I hope you're well, you talented beautiful person. I know this doc is abandoned at this point but I make it a point to check back every month or so on the off-chance that it's updated. I have read and re-read, and love it so much. Whatever you're doing now, I hope you know that you've still set the gold standard for fanfic and I'll always wonder what happened to these gorgeous characters you've created.
RedRipley3 chapter 41 . 5/9/2015
This chapter puts the destruction if the Normandy scene in a whole new light. An "Awww, cute!" and "Oh, sad!" light.
RedRipley3 chapter 16 . 5/9/2015
I absolutely love the bad dancing in Mass Effect - in full armor, no less - during the gambling mission, and thank you so much for including it here!
RedRipley3 chapter 6 . 5/8/2015
I LOVE HOW THIS COMMANDER SHEPARD SWEARS HER CONGRATULATIONS AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS.
Skepsis Forever chapter 20 . 4/1/2015
So... are you sure that place is secured? Might need more confirmation lol.
Skepsis Forever chapter 12 . 3/31/2015
The hypocrisy in the two of them is off the charts. "Alliance tech to a emterrorist organization/em, Shepard?" That made my day. At least Miranda's NDA comment, even if it was a weaker comeback, was at least more legitimate (although hypocritical too since she was pointing out an illegal wire tapping while claiming legal protection).
All in all, nice story, I'm just hanging around for the funny aspects.
AnimeAngel90 chapter 87 . 3/23/2015
Hiya! I know this story has probably fallen off the wagon (or been pushed off by real life noooo) but everyone likes reviews! Basically this is one of my favourite fanfics ever and I think I've re-read it way too many times by now - dead or no, I still recommend it as an amazing story that really sells all of the characters, and not just the default "pair" of the story. Even if it never finishes, thanks for the amazing parts you did share with the world!
Lara Jayd chapter 87 . 2/28/2015
This story had me laughing so hard I was crying in some places. The characters were done so well, particularly Shepard (I really like how you never gave her a first name) and Kaidan. I've never really liked Kaidan, Carth clone that he is, so I almost didn't read this fic, but I'm so glad I did now. The quality of the writing is amazing, you hardly ever see it in fanfiction. I know nothing about you, akg, but I'm almost certain you have something published - and if you don't, you most definitely should get to work on that right away!
I love the side plots too, and how interesting and compelling you made the characters so that they were a joy to read rather than a chore, or something you skimmed over so you could get back to the good bits. Garrus and Kasumi's relationship was a stroke of brilliance.
I'm so disappointed you never finished this story. I would love to read the rest of it, and also your take on ME3.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a beautiful story.
Moniquita2 chapter 37 . 2/27/2015
When Garrus mencioned novels Being emotionally sadistic, I thought "Jesús, THIS is emotinally sadistic, I want to cry. " In a good sence of course.
Lara Jayd chapter 16 . 2/23/2015
Tears. Of laughter. So many. 3
Lara Jayd chapter 13 . 2/23/2015
Brilliant stuff! I'm absolutely hooked. You've written the characters so well, I don't find any of them boring, even the boring ones. Particularly Kaidan! And I'm dying to see where you take this.

Possibly the only bit of constructive feedback I can give you is that occasionally you can be just a tiny bit too obtuse. For example, when Jack made the 'chaperone the playdate' crack, I thought Kaidan's response was referring to whatever she said about a ruler. It took me a few times of reading back over that bit before I understood that the ruler had nothing to do with it. That sort of thing has popped up a few times so far and it can break the immersion a little bit.
YeOldeDAFan chapter 6 . 1/22/2015
That was excellent! I had to read some of Shepard's lines aloud to myself, they were so great. Love it.
YeOldeDAFan chapter 4 . 1/22/2015
The repeated "hell" from Miranda had me giggling. I love picturing her as this long-suffering type. Love the characterization and the plot so far!
1,038 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »