Reviews for All the Time In the World
piaffe417 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
...and let's add this one to the list of the millions of reasons that I love you and everything you do.

I'm not sure which part I like best, the spot on-ness of the canon and tone of the show (impeccable), the introspection and characterization (deep), or the subtle union of two "lost" siblings into two adopted siblings (whether they'd admit it or not).

Likewise, I can't decide which descriptions I like best - "Steve "Bad Ass is my Middle Name" McGarrett," "freaking ninja," "beer is the universal Man Band-Aid for the soul," or "I could have winged him for you. Just a flesh wound."

sigh

The only thing I was missing (not that I know where you possibly could have placed it) was an exchange of the more formal "Daniel?" "Steven." variety. (But that's a me thing - I loves me some formality interspersed in their arguments and carguments.)

Another triumph, dear! Punch and cookies for you!
klutzysunshine chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Aww, this was awesome! I can see Steve doing this for Danny.
blackdog-lz chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Yep, that is definitely how it happened :) Loved your ending.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
That was really nicely done.

I liked how you managed to convey the depth of the brotherly-friendship between Steve and Danny without ever making it seem out of character or over-the-top mushy. The way Danny slowly realises exactly how invested Steve is in their partnership, and that it's pretty much for life at this point, was really touching and very realistic as well.

You kept both of them completely in character all the way through, even down to the 'handshake' that was definitely not them holding hands! There was also just the right amount of humour in there, just as there is onscreen, despite the seriousness of the situation.

There were a lot of bits I really liked but in the end this line was my favourite, particularly as it was not only funny but also exactly something Danny would think;

"And that makes Danny smirk, because Steve really is the world's biggest, scariest boy scout. Saving the world without a shirt, one explosion at a time."

I really did enjoy this.
sparkesann chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Good story, I think you got the characters spot on! Can't wait to see what other stories you have in the works!
Paula chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Loved it!
Sparrowhawk1952 chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
above amazing.
Torrie chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
This was really beautiful. Steve was so caring. I wish that it could be like this on the show.
jodm chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
A good chapter, filled wth powerful descriptions, from Danny's hurt, confusion, and anger to Steve's compassion. You have given us a perfect ending to that episode. I'm really looking forward to many more of your stories.
RaeTucker chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Wow, that was brilliant.
amizumiluna chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
saving the world without a shirt one explosion at a time...hahaha! that ep was so rough...much sadness, you did a great job with the aftermath, thanks!
roantimothy chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
oh my, very very powerful, I can almost feel the breeze over the ocean, and the emotion is sooooooo well written. thanks for sharing this, I was thrilled with this episode, and this is the perfect tag to the heartbreaking scene with rachel. which surprised me, but I loved. thank you

Linda
fifichan chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
awww that is really really sweet and true to character. love it!

couple typos that i noticed:

he finds himself reading out to his partner again- reaching out

Danny's on a role now - on a roll
Kit Merlot chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
This was just lovely!

Good for Steve for not letting Danny be alone in his grief and I love Danny's reaction when he realizes just how much Steve cares for him.

Great work on this :)